Thuren Rear Track Bar for '17 PW

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Thuren Rear Track Bar for '17 PW

Post by IIIOIISTER » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Anyone have experience with the Thuren Rear Track Bar for 2014+ Power Wagon?

I recently had the following installed:
- Thuren 1/2" front coil
- Thuren soft rear coils
- Thuren King 2.0 IFP shocks (front/rear)

Truck definitely absorbs bumps better but now yaws/wiggles/rolls quite a bit especially on longer rolling bumps (e.g. on the highway). Already emailed back and forth with Don and was told to go for his track bar set up (bar + brackets), which is advertised to virtually eliminate this problem. Would like to hear from someone's first-hand experience with this product before I drop $300 (plus shipping) on this bad boy.

Also considered trying out Carli's rear track bar drop bracket for the 2014+ Ram 2500 ($75). Not sure if it will actually work since the PW is lifted higher than the stock 2500 which Carli's bracket is designed for.

Thanks in advance for all the inputs.
'17 Power Wagon
35" Yokohama Geolander G003
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Thuren Rear Track Bar for '17 PW

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Don't waste your time with the Carli bracket.

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... &start=125

TheDirtRoad
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by TheDirtRoad » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:18 pm

I just installed the rear track bar last week on my 2014. IMO money well spent . If you do get one instructions state that there is no need to remove tires,it is a lot easier if you do.

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Just placed the order! Thanks guys.
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:27 pm

You're going to love it. Big difference in rear track feel. I removed the spare but not the rear tires for install.

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:48 am

Rodeoflyer wrote:You're going to love it. Big difference in rear track feel. I removed the spare but not the rear tires for install.

Looks good! Surprising how flat the angle of the bar is.
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 am

It is a big improvement. Especially the side to side hop that used to occur at highway speeds when you hit a bump, completely gone. Feels tighter in the turns too.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:21 am

Any of you gentlemen own the Thuren front trackbar as well? I don't really think I need one as my Thruen front coils only provide a 1/2" of lift over the factory, just curious.
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

rkgzx9leftcoast
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by rkgzx9leftcoast » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:51 am

IIIOIISTER wrote:Any of you gentlemen own the Thuren front trackbar as well? I don't really think I need one as my Thruen front coils only provide a 1/2" of lift over the factory, just curious.
I have his front Track bar with 1.5" coils. I think he says on his site the stock one is good for about 20K miles or so, then the ends start having issues?? Not sure if that Mileage range is correct or not? When you get to that point you can get one of his.....

I do know when you lay his next to the stock one, you will see why its worth changing. You wont really get any more adjustment with his, since both his and the stock bar are adjusted about as far as you can go to the side before you get coil bucket interference, but its a really nice piece.
2016 Tradesman White, adding mods now, 37 Ridge Grapplers on Method Standards 17 x 8.5 x 5.75 BS, Thuren Overland front 1.5" Kit. SLT Grill, Mopar Steps. More Thuren stuff soon....

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm

rkgzx9leftcoast wrote:
I do know when you lay his next to the stock one, you will see why its worth changing. You wont really get any more adjustment with his, since both his and the stock bar are adjusted about as far as you can go to the side before you get coil bucket interference, but its a really nice piece.
The factory bar has no adjustment at all. Thurens does, and from what I understand it is basically the same length as the factory PW bar. I would have to assume the Thuren bar is a bit stronger and has better joints than the factory bar, but I dont really know.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:40 pm

olyelr wrote:
rkgzx9leftcoast wrote:
The factory bar has no adjustment at all. Thurens does, and from what I understand it is basically the same length as the factory PW bar. I would have to assume the Thuren bar is a bit stronger and has better joints than the factory bar, but I dont really know.
It's really the joints that matter. You're replacing the factory large bushings with a Heim and a high durometer poly bushing. At face value it might seem weird to go with a more rigid setup, but it helps steering input and it handles small oscillations better. The 2014+ trucks don't need the front trackbar nearly as bad as the older trucks do.

On the other hand the rear end of the 14+ trucks needs real help. You're kind of confined by factory geometry and design there, but any bit can be worth it.