06 repower

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: 06 repower

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Well ok, 1100HP it is. Lets see how fast you can get up Moab Rim after you get that baby in! :o
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

PowerWagonP
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by PowerWagonP » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:21 am

RED06WAGON wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:37 pm
so was the 06 best year any one else with half million miles still running good no issues,so its time for transplant soon. To be honest a new truck is good news however this one is easier to maintain,and everything has been redone power train besides engine.
06 must be a good year. I have a 06 with 490,000 km, about 305,000 miles with no issues. Been a great truck. Just took it on a overgrown trail and scratched the shit out of it, didn't really care as that's why I bought it. If it was a new one I would have parked it at the bottom of the trail where a newer Rapturd was parked. I really like the 17+ but couldn't take it on a trail like that.
2006 PW, 35's, 1" lift, Superchips, Magnaflow, 430km amd counting
72 Bronco Pavement Princess.........

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am

RED06WAGON wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:37 pm
so was the 06 best year any one else with half million miles still running good no issues,so its time for transplant soon. To be honest a new truck is good news however this one is easier to maintain,and everything has been redone power train besides engine.
Any vehicle that runs 250k miles with very little maintenance is the best Gen in my book. With that said, if you're pulling the engine because of the millage you'd be crazy not to rebuild the transmission at the same time. Personally I would not mess with any of it unless there is something wrong. Also, if you're going to all that trouble I'd want more power, the 5.7 Hemi in '06 was pretty anemic to say the least.

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 am

I find it interesting how Ram is the most un-reliable rated truck. Something I am still admittedly scared of as my new truck is a week out.(I have little patience for problems) But just as here I have so many who pick up from my Auctions with Ram/Dodge trucks and are extremely happy with reliability, some with very high miles as well.

As far as off-roading a brand new truck? I actually lead trails at a Moab event for Nissans with the buyers invoice hanging in the window for my crappy 05 Xterra. :D
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:26 am

I've generally found if you're posting about your truck or car regularly on forums you'll probably have better reliability than the average person who fills out reliability surveys. Those are the folks going to Jiffy Lube for oil changes.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:33 pm

I don't know, you should have seen the crap I put out about my Xterra, hated that thing. Bottomed out so bad the thing would disintegrate and Nissan NEVER fixed it for the life of the model, engine would conk out at altitude, delicate front end, Rear end exploded because they were so badly built initially and would not warranty(because a lift caused leverage on it), had to bi-pass tranny cooler before lines melted and took out tranny, evap cannister dragging on ground.....................

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BlkWgn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:30 pm

My 06 has 210k on it, still running great but I am starting to make plans for an engine when the time comes
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com