power wagon went onto it's lid at Uwharrie

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Re: power wagon went onto it's lid at Uwharrie

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:07 pm

I was a licensed producer for some time in Va, that's how it worked with Progressive. But state to state does verify. For example, I can't have a floaters policy anymore since moving to Florida, it's banned by the state. I used to have one for my laptop and camera equipment for my business.

Reading your declarations page is important, contact your agent to know for sure. It does vary state to state. This is another reason I maintain residency and avoid states with residency laws.

Here is Progressive's own statement

https://www.progressiveonline.com.au/do ... tions.aspx
If your modification or accessory was permanently installed by someone other than the manufacturer or motor vehicle dealership, as part of the original sale of your vehicle, then that modification or accessory is not covered under Comprehensive nor Third Party Fire and Theft cover unless you purchase After-Market Accessory cover.

This is an optional cover, which provides cover for up to $2,000 in after-market accessories. Cover is not available for the following items:

Body kits or body kit components
Engine performance enhancements
Non standard wheel sizes
Custom paintwork
Lowered suspension
Transmission alterations

For more information about our cover, please refer to the Cover sections in our Product Disclosure Statement.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

The most I think i ever found is 3500.00 extra. And that is pathetic. I have probably 25K in my trail rig, many have more. Why cant we BUY this extra coverage?
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:The most I think i ever found is 3500.00 extra. And that is pathetic. I have probably 25K in my trail rig, many have more. Why cant we BUY this extra coverage?
Becuase your vehicle is a depreciating asset, and they want to pay out the least possible and don't give a crap about your mods. For my Airstream, I had to get it appraised and get an "agreed upon" value policy, which means if something happens, they agree to pay X. But I had to go with nonstandard insurance.

My old Corvette, I had to get collectors coverage to get it's actual worth in insurance. Insurance is tricky, education and research is key.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 pm

I got the info now. Yes, the value is based off bids from the salvage companies. I would (in essence) be getting the truck back for $6500 (payout with them keeping the truck vs payout with me keeping the truck), looking at values of parts, I would have a more valuable vehicle than what I paid for it BUT, I would really not have a desire to do a part out, that's a lot more time and hassle than I want to get myself into. I am now debating as to whether I want to get myself into the mess of trying to repair or modify the truck (full body swap basically either way (would need cab and clip with either a bed or a flatbed)) OR whether I want to get it back and swap the drivetrain (or maybe whole chassis) into (or under) another vehicle OR if I just want to let it go and move on. It's a tough choice considering the time and money involved in any potential approach. Going to another vehicle gets me back on the trail sooner but, using my Wagon in some capacity would be pretty awesome! (assuming there's no hidden damage to frame or drivetrain from the roll and recovery)

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by verdesardog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 pm

:lol: get it back and put some off the wall historic body on it
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Shaved Ice » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm

I have too much other stuff going on in my life to take on a project like this. I would cut my losses and start anew.
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm

I think the decision would be. How much time and patience you and the family (wifey) have for this kind of project.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:32 pm

A cab swap is actually really straight forward. Perfect time to build a flatbed. Truck winds up cooler than it already was
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by TommyG » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm

I would be tempted at that price. An R-titled, Mad Max drive it like you stole Wagon would be a blast for sure.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by vanished » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:05 pm

TommyG wrote:I would be tempted at that price. An R-titled, Mad Max drive it like you stole Wagon would be a blast for sure.
Hell ya! I did that with a buy back jeep... most fun I've ever had. :) (Of course this was after I totally killed two newer vehicles wheeling!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk