Digital Dash display???

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
JFordBronco
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Digital Dash display???

Post by JFordBronco » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:55 am

Soo,
I used the winch the other day pulling out a friend who was in a serious bind. While winching, the dash lights, radio and cab lights went pitch black. They were out for a few seconds. When everything came back up, the digital display was crooked. I can't figure out how to post pictures, I'll have to wait till the wife comes home, but it looks similar to stair-steps for Trip A, Transmission Temp, the the odometer. They are warrantying it, but have no idea why it happened. Any of y'all have this issue?
Attachments
IMG_3214 copy.jpeg
See trip A; see Oil Pressure; see Oil Temperature
2015 Power Wagon

JFordBronco
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Re: Digital Dash display???

Post by JFordBronco » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:37 pm

The cluster was replaced today under warranty. Allegedly this was caused by low voltage, probably from the extended winching event last week. Anyone else ever have this issue??
2015 Power Wagon

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:33 pm

No, never heard of it.

When I had about 500 miles on my truck I had to have the battery replaced because it was completely shot already. Would not hold a charge or start the truck without it being on a charger or jumped. With the low voltage issues I had that never happened to my dash cluster.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

FordyceCreekTrail
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Liking my dual alternator order more and more....
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.