Chinese Power Wagon

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Chinese Power Wagon

Post by vanished » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:22 am

Just the title of the article alone makes me angry... :angry:

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/14/fca ... utomakers/

"FCA representatives have recently traveled to China to meet with Great Wall Motors, while Chinese representatives were seen at FCA corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills, Mich"

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Chinese Power Wagon

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:26 am

Does that mean the 2019 model will start at 25,000.00?
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Disposable vehicles, who'd a thought !!! I can see it now:

Harbor Freight Motors..........Don't forget your 20% off coupon ! :lol:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Mopar could come full circle. USA, Germans, Italians, Chinese, USA after the Chinese bubble breaks.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Powrer Ragon

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:Powrer Ragon
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

flattire
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by flattire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Might be something good if they did. Maybe the Chinese "knock off" parts they make would actually fit without modification.

flattire
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by flattire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Would the powrer ragon come standard with a wrinch ?

Cup holders or square slot for Chinese takeout?

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Seriously thought what will Chinese Unit Bearings, Ball Joints and steering boxes be like ?
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm

TwinStick wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:Powrer Ragon
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:cheers:
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2019

Post by waldo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 am

Sum Ting Wong.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:35 am

Hoo Lee Chit
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Shénshèng de gǒu shǐ

神圣的狗屎
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 am

http://jalopnik.com/itd-be-monumentally ... 212088/amp

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:12 pm

You know what's interesting about that history is that Jeep has been owned by foreigners twice now. First by the French and now the Italians.

I mentioned this on the FB group "The current admin isn't going to allow a Chinese buy out. They already started saying it would transfer US technology interest and then treated it could be a Natsec interest, lol. A stretch, but the current admin can blow up a deal with words."

I don't see the deal happening. Also the Chinese were mostly interested in just buying Jeep. And like stated on Jalopnik, it would be the stupidest of moves and sink Chrysler to just unload Jeep all by it's lonesome.

But I also don't think the current admin would allow the sale to go through.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Honestly, if there was a way for me to purchase Chrysler, either through loans, grants, or a combination of both, I would. But there would have to be a certain stipulation and conditions I have to have before I would make it happen. One of the most important is that I don't take over any pensions or retirement obligations that were made by the previous owners/ asset holders. Any new pensions or retirement obligations would have to be sustainable and dependent on the success of the corporation. At no point would there be a reason, or allowance to pull a loan for payment to the aforementioned. Basically, put a floor and cap on the funding. This would provide a much better and more secure financial stability for the corporation. Also a somewhat controversial way to "reset" the structure, yet effective, is to only transfer the ownership of the company, assets, and property, but exclude all the employees. They would be, laid off and rehired under the new company ownership rulings and follow the more sustainable terms. Now whatever the terms that they had in the "old company" they get to keep, however will not be the burden of the "new company" and it's owners. This scenario is obvious and we know what would become of the "old company" terms and obligations.

John Adams - 1826

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:23 am

MikeKey wrote:You know what's interesting about that history is that Jeep has been owned by foreigners twice now. First by the French and now the Italians.

I mentioned this on the FB group "The current admin isn't going to allow a Chinese buy out. They already started saying it would transfer US technology interest and then treated it could be a Natsec interest, lol. A stretch, but the current admin can blow up a deal with words."

I don't see the deal happening. Also the Chinese were mostly interested in just buying Jeep. And like stated on Jalopnik, it would be the stupidest of moves and sink Chrysler to just unload Jeep all by it's lonesome.

But I also don't think the current admin would allow the sale to go through.
You forgot the Germans.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:26 am

Pit Slave wrote:Honestly, if there was a way for me to purchase Chrysler, either through loans, grants, or a combination of both, I would. But there would have to be a certain stipulation and conditions I have to have before I would make it happen. One of the most important is that I don't take over any pensions or retirement obligations that were made by the previous owners/ asset holders. Any new pensions or retirement obligations would have to be sustainable and dependent on the success of the corporation. At no point would there be a reason, or allowance to pull a loan for payment to the aforementioned. Basically, put a floor and cap on the funding. This would provide a much better and more secure financial stability for the corporation. Also a somewhat controversial way to "reset" the structure, yet effective, is to only transfer the ownership of the company, assets, and property, but exclude all the employees. They would be, laid off and rehired under the new company ownership rulings and follow the more sustainable terms. Now whatever the terms that they had in the "old company" they get to keep, however will not be the burden of the "new company" and it's owners. This scenario is obvious and we know what would become of the "old company" terms and obligations.

This ain't going to happen. Cause in the union contract. Sell the company, employees go with it, along with the contract. You would have to break the contract.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 am

RustyPW wrote: You forgot the Germans.
Oh that's right, the corporate raiders. Daimler's ownership of Chrysler was by far it's worst foreign ownership. At least we got the PW out of that.
RustyPW wrote: This ain't going to happen. Cause in the union contract. Sell the company, employees go with it, along with the contract. You would have to break the contract.
Ah, the auto unions are a major headache for American auto companies. But then again, they fell for all that crap. Promising pensions, healthcare, etc for life.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:05 pm

"Jalopnik: Jeep Is The Only Way Fiat Chrysler Can Take Over The World."
http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwi7D89zk

John Adams - 1826