Kinzer Offroad Bumper

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
hunterman6
Model Year: 2014

Kinzer Offroad Bumper

Post by hunterman6 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:16 am

Okay this has gone far enough. I want to offer some facts to clarify Mike’s appraisal of the bumper and leave it at that. Mike is highly opinionated, and very active on social media so he will retort this ten-fold. but that’s just fine. I have regretted doing business with Mike since the beginning-so the feeling is absolutely mutual.

Fact: As recent as 2 weeks ago, in an email, I asked Mike how he was liking the bumper and he replied “Dude, bumper always gets looks and stares. I love it.”

Fact: Everyone except Mike has given positive feedback about their purchase.

Fact: Mike used the heck out of his bumper in Moab and didn’t have a single failure. None of his welds have failed. Which is what he seems so concerned about.

Fact: I have used the heck out of this bumper since 2014-welded only on the front side- and never had a single failure of a weld or otherwise.

Fact: Mike’s bumper was the first one made, since then the welder has been changed. Improvement is a continual process and recent bumpers were welded at line angles on the backside.

Fact: This bumper is sufficiently strong. Any bumper eventually fails under hard use/abuse/impact. It would be foolish to think otherwise, or seek to design to accomplish this.

Fact: I decided to make these because I enjoyed it, I would be doing it for my own truck, and thought it would help some other power Wagon owners out who were frustrated with the lack of options –like I was. Mike is ruining the enjoyment part, but I am glad others are enjoying their bumper. I certainly am.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Kinzer Offroad Bumper

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 am

:popcorn:

rkgzx9leftcoast
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by rkgzx9leftcoast » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:06 am

and now we wait.........
2016 Tradesman White, adding mods now, 37 Ridge Grapplers on Method Standards 17 x 8.5 x 5.75 BS, Thuren Overland front 1.5" Kit. SLT Grill, Mopar Steps. More Thuren stuff soon....

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:38 am

My review stands. I am not responding to this. Nothing to wait for.

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... f=2&t=4883
Last edited by OffroadTreks on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Mike-H
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by Mike-H » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Sounds like you addressed most of the issues he mentioned were wrong with his. Unfortunately early production and prototypes are usually a little rougher then the later production pieces. Hope you get it sorted. Nice looking bumper.

ramv
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by ramv » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Could you make it work with the front parking sensors?
2016 Laramie; 5.13s, Locker Bypass, WK sliders, 35" Toyo MT, 2Lo Kit, ProCal, Hemifever tune, Airbags/Cradles, Thuren 2.5" King w/ Boogie Bumps, Warn SDP6000

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Really (from my understanding) the only issue that Mike really seemed to encounter was the quality/quantity of welds. If you have since resolved the weld issues, I honestly don't see his review as being that bad. Yes, certainly it would deter a potential buyer if you hadn't stated that the weld issues are resolved now BUT, with them resolved it shouldn't be too much an issue. You've got a good design and it's the only game in town when it comes to a really truly Power Wagon specific bumper (IMHO) so, find a way to improve the welds (and I'd recommend welding the backsides of them, that's been a complaint I have seen about MANY companies' products and most of those companies are not ones that you would want to be lumped in with) and you'll be golden!!!! Definitely a very cool piece and some growing pains upon first production and development are certainly excusable/expected but getting into internet arguments won't help, churning out some badass bumpers with great welds on them will!!!! You've got the design, now refine the production quality and get it going!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:10 pm

RAM4ROKS wrote:Really (from my understanding) the only issue that Mike really seemed to encounter was the quality/quantity of welds. If you have since resolved the weld issues, I honestly don't see his review as being that bad. Yes, certainly it would deter a potential buyer if you hadn't stated that the weld issues are resolved now BUT, with them resolved it shouldn't be too much an issue. You've got a good design and it's the only game in town when it comes to a really truly Power Wagon specific bumper (IMHO) so, find a way to improve the welds (and I'd recommend welding the backsides of them, that's been a complaint I have seen about MANY companies' products and most of those companies are not ones that you would want to be lumped in with) and you'll be golden!!!! Definitely a very cool piece and some growing pains upon first production and development are certainly excusable/expected but getting into internet arguments won't help, churning out some badass bumpers with great welds on them will!!!! You've got the design, now refine the production quality and get it going!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Agree 2X
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Bullshit. Build one for a 3G, THEN you will be golden!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 pm

FirerescuePW wrote:Bullshit. Build one for a 3G, THEN you will be golden!
Might as well use this for turd gens

-------
------

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 pm

MikeKey wrote:
FirerescuePW wrote:Bullshit. Build one for a 3G, THEN you will be golden!
Might as well use this for turd gens

LMfawkingAO!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:24 pm

That hurts. I thought we were pals.

'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:49 pm

FirerescuePW wrote:That hurts. I thought we were pals.
I just want you to be fresh and clean. :excited:
-------
------

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 pm

So it looks like I will Not be able to make the fall Moab run....

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Hey Mike. He's butt hurt. He's one of those guys that got to have the latest and greatest. If not, it's junk. :roll: Even if it's superior to the new stuff. :roll:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am

RustyPW wrote:

Hey Mike. He's butt hurt. He's one of those guys that got to have the latest and greatest. If not, it's junk. :roll: Even if it's superior to the new stuff. :roll:
:lol:

:chug:
-------
------