Carli Track Bar installed

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Carli Track Bar installed

Post by myoung84 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 am

I got my new Carli track bar installed last night. It was pretty easy to do, but ended up having to bust loose the upper steering linkage (or whatever it's called) to get the axle side bolt back in. Even with the wheel turned all the way to the right, it wasn't going back in. I initially had it set a 39 1/8" but the axle was still not centered so I took it out to 39 1/4". It's still not perfect but it's much better. A few quick turns on the upper steering linkage adjustment and the steering wheel was centered again, so no need for an alignment just yet. Don't really notice much difference from stock, but my truck has less than 9k miles so stuff isn't worn out yet. Still plan on replacing the control arms with either Carli or Pure Performance before too long. I like the PP because they are adjustable, and cheaper...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug