Kinzer OffRoad Bumper - Reviewed

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
hunterman6
Model Year: 2014

Re: Kinzer Off-Road Bumper - Reviewed - DO NOT BUY

Post by hunterman6 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am

Okay this has gone far enough. I want to offer some facts to clarify Mike’s appraisal of the bumper and leave it at that. Mike is highly opinionated, and very active on social media so he will retort this ten-fold. but that’s just fine. I have regretted doing business with Mike since the beginning-so the feeling is absolutely mutual.

Fact: As recent as 2 weeks ago, in an email, I asked Mike how he was liking the bumper and he replied “Dude, bumper always gets looks and stares. I love it.”

Fact: Everyone except Mike has given positive feedback about their purchase.

Fact: Mike used the heck out of his bumper in Moab and didn’t have a single failure. None of his welds have failed. Which is what he seems so concerned about.

Fact: I have used the heck out of this bumper since 2014-welded only on the front side- and never had a single failure of a weld or otherwise.

Fact: Mike’s bumper was the first one made, since then the welder has been changed. Improvement is a continual process and recent bumpers were welded at line angles on the backside.

Fact: This bumper is sufficiently strong. Any bumper eventually fails under hard use/abuse/impact. It would be foolish to think otherwise, or seek to design to accomplish this.

Fact: I decided to make these because I enjoyed it, I would be doing it for my own truck, and thought it would help some other power Wagon owners out who were frustrated with the lack of options –like I was. Mike is ruining the enjoyment part, but I am glad others are enjoying their bumper. I certainly am.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Re: Kinzer Off-Road Bumper - Reviewed

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 am

When you produce something, you should expect criticism. You made a promise on delivery time. You couldn't keep that. You offered a production quality bumper, it's not production quality. I posted those details here. I'm not going to respond to nonsense since it will just degrade.

At the end of the day, nothing I have said in this review has been untrue. And I think I've been fair in my assessment. Others can make their own assessment.

:cheers:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Kinzer Off-Road Bumper - Reviewed - DO NOT BUY

Post by nts007 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:27 pm

hunterman6 wrote:Okay this has gone far enough. I want to offer some facts to clarify Mike’s appraisal of the bumper and leave it at that. Mike is highly opinionated, and very active on social media so he will retort this ten-fold. but that’s just fine. I have regretted doing business with Mike since the beginning-so the feeling is absolutely mutual.
Nothing I've seen on mikes end of social media has said anything negative about the bumper except simply the weld work. I understand the pain of having to be responsible of sub contractors like your welder but that's part of business. Had an inspection been done of the sub trades work and if you didn't think it was that good why was it not passed back to be fixed. You paid someone else to do a professional job for you and mike paid a premium price for a custom premium product. A final inspection needs to be done because no matter how good your product is you will always be pulled down by someone doing one little thing sub standard. If any of my employees or sub trades do a sub standard job then they fix it at their cost. And if their work causes other trades or even my customer problems then they get back charged.
Fact: As recent as 2 weeks ago, in an email, I asked Mike how he was liking the bumper and he replied “Dude, bumper always gets looks and stares. I love it.”
mike has always stated that your bumper is literally the best ever.
Fact: Everyone except Mike has given positive feedback about their purchase.
Again mike has always stated how good your bumper design is. He still does. If you re read his review you can see he clearly states it's the best high clearance bumper ever for a powerwagon. I'd call that positive feedback
Fact: Mike used the heck out of his bumper in Moab and didn’t have a single failure. None of his welds have failed. Which is what he seems so concerned about.
yes he did. And it held up very well. Despite that we can all see the picture showing the poor welds. Come on dude. It was a mistake. So what. Accept it and move on.

Fact: I have used the heck out of this bumper since 2014-welded only on the front side- and never had a single failure of a weld or otherwise.

Fact: Mike’s bumper was the first one made, since then the welder has been changed. Improvement is a continual process and recent bumpers were welded at line angles on the backside.
Here it is. Mistake has been corrected and improvements made. We all know mikes was the first one. Nobody is holding that against you
Fact: This bumper is sufficiently strong. Any bumper eventually fails under hard use/abuse/impact. It would be foolish to think otherwise, or seek to design to accomplish this.
Yes it is!! And with solid welding work that you put your name to then it's nearly indestructible as designed.
Fact: I decided to make these because I enjoyed it, I would be doing it for my own truck, and thought it would help some other power Wagon owners out who were frustrated with the lack of options –like I was. Mike is ruining the enjoyment part, but I am glad others are enjoying their bumper. I certainly am.
We are all very pleased with the design and agree it's a superior bumper over pretty much everything else available for the wagon. I like it very much. Mike may be ruining the fun but welcome to the world of dealing with customers. You do your best no matter what and that's what counts. Mistakes can be fixed. Mike wasn't wrong about wanting better communication. It sounds trivial but when your struggling with timeframes keeping on top of communication will save your sale and business. Mike knew what he was getting into and that's on him but he did pay $2,000 on the trust that you would deliver within a specific time frame. There are far worse customers than mike. Personally I would take his review in stride and use it to help your business moving forward. It may be a rough round but being the world of the Internet this tends to be how it can go. People work hard for their money and their expectations of what their money buys should be of similar standard.
I think you have a fantastic bumper and have made all the changes necessary to be able to supply a premium hard core high clearance bumper for a premium price. That people are willing to pay. The business part of supplying a high quality product is always harder than building it with your own two hands.

That said. Where's the frikin 3G bumpers!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

TwinStick

Re: Kinzer OffRoad Bumper - Reviewed

Post by TwinStick » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Yup, I LOVE that bumper as well.

That said. Where's the frikin 3G bumpers!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

X3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm pretty happy now that I had it modded. Off to the powder coaters now.
-------
------

Laramiewagon14
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Laramiewagon14 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:43 am

Mike, I know you said you cut like 1.5" off of the bottom was it a straight cut across? I'm looking at getting one of these this spring.
2014 Laramie PW died '16
2016 Laramie PW 37 Yokohama Geolandar G003’s, Thuren Fab Overland 1.5", Thuren rear track bar, Sport tail lights, modified Ranch hand rear bumper
17+ PW grille

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am

Laramiewagon14 wrote:Mike, I know you said you cut like 1.5" off of the bottom was it a straight cut across? I'm looking at getting one of these this spring.
Yes it was a straight cut, the bottom plate was moved up evenly.

Laramiewagon14
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Laramiewagon14 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:55 pm

that's good to know thanks, I hope all the aforementioned issues will be resolved by the time I get around to ordering one of these.
2014 Laramie PW died '16
2016 Laramie PW 37 Yokohama Geolandar G003’s, Thuren Fab Overland 1.5", Thuren rear track bar, Sport tail lights, modified Ranch hand rear bumper
17+ PW grille

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 pm

I think we could have gone higher. I didn't want to mess up the aesthetic too much and make it look like a big beaver tooth. But I bet we could have gone up 2 or 2.5 inches.

One thing that happened a bunch in Moab is I would smack things on approach because it came down so far. This should allow a bit more bite now. More testing to follow this Labor Day.
-------
------

Laramiewagon14
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Laramiewagon14 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Do you have any photos from a low angle to show it off better ?
2014 Laramie PW died '16
17+ PW grille

Ramajama
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ramajama » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 am

Sorry if I missed it but who's got this one? Looks great with the new grille!
Attachments
IMG_1488.JPG
2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon :rockon:
2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux
2004 Land Rover Discovery II SE
2003 Land Rover Discovery II HSE7

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:34 am

That is Kinzer's truck

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 pm

MikeKey wrote:Image

I'm pretty happy now that I had it modded. Off to the powder coaters now.
That looks really good. Now you can run a syn rope with a splicer thimble.

Ramajama
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ramajama » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm

DamageWagon wrote:That is Kinzer's truck
Roger that.
Thanks.
2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon :rockon:
2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux
2004 Land Rover Discovery II SE
2003 Land Rover Discovery II HSE7

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Reloaderguy wrote: That looks really good. Now you can run a syn rope with a splicer thimble.
That's kind of the plan. I also sourced some Delrin rollers for the truck, in the proper lengths.
-------
------

AlaskaTRX
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by AlaskaTRX » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:12 am

Anyone purchase one of these recently, as in has the quality control improved?

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:39 am

AlaskaTRX wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:12 am
Anyone purchase one of these recently, as in has the quality control improved?
I seem to be the guy always replying to this, but some people have bought them. Matter of fact, there was a guy at PWIM this year, who say my build video and ordered one. The quality didn't appear improved. And he had to weld the back. There is currently an incident going on in the FB group with two others who have recently tried to order, I'll highlight here.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/offroadpowerwagon/
Offroad_Power_Wagon.png
27939154_576506029408492_465610715_n.jpg
It's hit or miss. Buyer Beware.
-------
------

AlaskaTRX
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by AlaskaTRX » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks for the reply and it is unfortunate that Kinzer can’t pull his crap together. I also appreciate the YouTube vids that you have put out on building your PowWag.

I have a set of White Knuckle rock skids at the powder coaters currently and a Throttle Down Kustoms rear bumper ready for install. I will try to take the take to document for an install review and I’ll post it after that’s finished. Likely by the end of September. I have salmon to kill this month and then a Jeep project to finish first (cylinder head swap on a 4.0l). 👍