Ram Poser Wagon

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
TwinStick

Re: Ram Poser Wagon

Post by TwinStick » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 am

I checked into doing the aux tank thing legally, here in NY. :jawdrop: Pretty much sums it up. :jawdrop: Long story shot, it has to be a NYS DOT approved tank (around $2000) and installed by a NY STATE DOT APPROVED installation station, which, at that time, there were only 4, in the entire state. The one i called said "at least $2000" just for the install & wait time could be a year or more because NYS vehicles for the Thruway Authority, Police, etc... all took priority over a private person. Basically, unless you are "Farm Exempt", it is just too cost prohibitive for the average person to have done, legally in NY.

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Happily I qualify for that exemption. Buy a quarter of land and 100 sheep and you can be too
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Wonder when the aux tank regs changed. My uncle and grandfather both had old Ford Econoline Vans back in the day with the big aux tank and the switch over on the dash. Factory installed to boot.

When it comes to dot catching you though, I know Canada is worse than the US. But in the US, you're almost never going to be bothered, unless you draw the attention by doing something extremely noticeable and stupid. Usually, only commercial trucks or someone who looks like they could be commercial without proper tags and looking overweight is going to get noticed and stopped. And even then, the only place I've ever seen DOT vehicles out stopping people was near Yuma, AZ. And he was stopping commercial rigs.

I'd highly doubt you'd ever be bothered. And highly doubt a cop would know/care enough to warrant a question.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Mike I'm onboard with you. Where I recently worked there was a CHP checkpoint almost every day where 1-3 CHP trucks would sit there and stop any commercial truck that drove by, and when they finished inspecting them they would stop the next one. Commercial trucks only, usually box trucks. They did some pretty deep inspections it looked like. I think only once did I notice a stake bed stopped there on a 5500 chassis. Next to that, I suspect a diesel pickup would get stopped maybe at state border inspection points. I would almost never see them stopping a gas truck though since gas guys never mod their trucks the way diesel guys do. Gas trucks have to be designed differently and some states pass smog, diesel trucks get by much easier and get tuners, and some guys run red dye fuel in their aux tanks.

Sent from my safe space

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Check out http://www.transferflow.com I have one of their 40 gallon auxiliary tank and toolbox combos. It's held up great over the years, mine has a gas station style dispenser but you can get units that plumb into the factory filler as well so you can refuel on the go with the flip of a switch.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol