Notifying people of the move

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am

I've started making a concerted effort to notify people we've moved. I started with the PW Picture thread sticky and working my way backwards from the last page in the thread contacting everyone who has posted there (that I haven't seen show up here). Please start contacting people by PM to let them know of the move. I think we're far enough along with the forum that there won't be many more "big" changes or glitches. Below is what I'm saying to people in PMs. You can use it or adapt it.

I'm Leif Gregory, owner of the Power Wagon Registry.

A bunch of us have gotten together and ultimately decide to move the forum to a new location with much less restrictive rules and co-locating the 3rd and 4th gen PWs into a single location instead of split like we are now. We most likely won't be able to move content from DT because even if I could get DT to agree to give me the database, we're running on two different forum platforms and there's not a migration path. Secondly, the posts are copyright to the original poster and we'd need a whole lot of permission slips so to speak.

At any rate, I'd like to invite you to join the new forum at http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org

Please don't make any general announcements on the DT forum. We're not quite sure how DT will react to us leaving and we don't want them to retaliate by banning people or deleting content. Also, I apologize if you have received this more than once. I didn't think to keep track of who I already contacted and other people who have already moved might also send you a similar invite. Please spread the word via PM to other PW owners when you have time.

Thanks and hope to see you there soon.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Notifying people of the move

Post by ldgregory » Sat May 26, 2012 10:35 am

Ok, made it backwards down to page 20 (finished page 21). Notified about 25 people. I'll keep working my way backwards on that thread a little later.

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Sun May 27, 2012 1:01 am

I'll start with the original thread linked in the sticky and go from page #1.

You are one dedicated dude! I got thru page 7 and it's time to crash...
I'm just along for the ride...

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Sun May 27, 2012 9:45 am

Cactus Red wrote:I'll start with the original thread linked in the sticky and go from page #1.

You are one dedicated dude! I got thru page 7 and it's time to crash...
We are done with that thread then. I just finished all the way down through page 8!

Next Mods:

bones
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2013

Post by bones » Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 am

Why the move? Someone get pissed at DT?

Also need to update the registry to include 6 speed auto trans for 2012 models.
2013 Laramie Power Wagon - current
2012 PW - gone
2005 PW - gone
2012 JD 1026R Tractor/Loader/Backhoe
2008 Avenger R/T (Chrysler 200,000 mile club)
'16 Polaris Sportsman Touring XP 1000
'03 Kawasaki Prairie 650

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 am

bones wrote:Why the move? Someone get pissed at DT?

Also need to update the registry to include 6 speed auto trans for 2012 models.
It was not just a single individual that was unhappy with the moderation on DT. Many of us had post moved or deleted from the PW section, and since it was the only place most of us used on DT, it got to be a bit aggravating. Yeah, rules are rules, but common sense is also required. Us PW owners are "special" in so many ways ya know...
I'm just along for the ride...

bones
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2013

Post by bones » Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 am

Yea.. I'm "special" alright... :excited:
2013 Laramie Power Wagon - current
2012 PW - gone
2005 PW - gone
2012 JD 1026R Tractor/Loader/Backhoe
2008 Avenger R/T (Chrysler 200,000 mile club)
'16 Polaris Sportsman Touring XP 1000
'03 Kawasaki Prairie 650

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Hello.
I like the idea of a Power Wagon only registry. We are unique and should have our own site. :excited:
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

akguy09

Post by akguy09 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:58 pm

i found my way here.....thanks VA_wagon :D

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 am

Glad to see people are getting the message. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk over a 300 baud Racal-Vadic Acoustically Coupled Modem.

Next Mods:

ZAXPW

Post by ZAXPW » Thu May 31, 2012 4:32 pm

i escaped the Nazis. thanks for doing this

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Thu May 31, 2012 6:06 pm

finding the PW forum on DT was the best thing that ever happened to this newbie so I can't say anything bad about it. :mrgreen: If I hadn't of stumbled on that site a couple years ago I would probably have sold the PW because of all the shit that was wrong with it. You guys saved my truck and my butt! :cheers:

Edit: the only thing i didn't save was $$$$ :box:
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

Fireman78
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Fireman78 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 pm

I tried a year ago to have the DT guys "Allow" us to have a small section in the Power Wagon only section for off topic crap. I tried multiple times, I explained that a bunch if us PW guys hang out, or meet up, whatever, and that I didnt want to share my stories with the entire douche bag Dodge world. Just PW guys, period. I was shot down every time. If I wanna talk about fishing, trees, RC helicopters, camping, my kids, side jobs, real jobs, women, campers, RVs, boats, video games, soccer, beer, chainsaws, axes, beer, BBQ, a TV show, a gun, a piece of property or how I cook my steak... I should have the right. This is a good thing.
Enjoy this life, cause it's all we're getting.

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Thu May 31, 2012 11:44 pm

Well, you got that here for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk over a 300 baud Racal-Vadic Acoustically Coupled Modem.

Next Mods:

Fireman78
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Fireman78 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 am

So the guys that jumpe over in the first two weeks should get a little tag like, "Founding member" Original Member". m or not.. Just sayin, it be kinda cool
Enjoy this life, cause it's all we're getting.

Montana Dan

Post by Montana Dan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Howdy! Was SmelterCityOR back on that other site, now you can just call me Montana Dan. :D
'08 RC Power Wagon W/mods. Aka "the Trail Shuttle."

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Welcome Montana Dan. Glad to have you join us. If you have ideas on things you'd like to see here, let us know.

Next Mods:

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Leif,
If you want to make up a banner in a width of 468 pixels I can add it here for some more exposure:http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Diesel-Links-13.html

George

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm

That would be awesome George! :cheers:
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Skyd Ram wrote:Leif,
If you want to make up a banner in a width of 468 pixels I can add it here for some more exposure:http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Diesel-Links-13.html

George
I'll see what I can come up with as I pretty much suck at the graphics side of things. Thanks for the offer. Let me know if you want to join the vendor program. Costs you nothing, you don't revenue share any profits with me, you get a cool blue Vendor badge under your name and your own topic area in the For Sale / Vendors area with full moderator control. Did I mention it doesn't cost you anything? :D

Next Mods:

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 pm

George
Alright, how's this.
PWR_Banner_468x60.png

Next Mods:

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 pm

ldgregory wrote:

George
Alright, how's this.
PWR_Banner_468x60.png
Works for me. I uploaded it to my links page and embeded a link back to the main PWR front page!

http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Forum-Links-13.html

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:20 pm

ldgregory wrote:

George
I'll see what I can come up with as I pretty much suck at the graphics side of things. Thanks for the offer. Let me know if you want to join the vendor program. Costs you nothing, you don't revenue share any profits with me, you get a cool blue Vendor badge under your name and your own topic area in the For Sale / Vendors area with full moderator control. Did I mention it doesn't cost you anything? :D
Let me check my advertising budget...........................................

Yup,
I've got nothing left so nothing works for me. :notworthy:

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 am

Skyd Ram wrote:
ldgregory wrote:

George
Let me check my advertising budget...........................................

Yup,
I've got nothing left so nothing works for me. :notworthy:
Great, let me know what you want it called. 8 Lug Truck Gear or whatever.

Next Mods:

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Woo-hoo! We're almost at 100 members on the forum. Sweet!

Next Mods: