More Questions...missing parts

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

More Questions...missing parts

Post by drdfblackm » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:57 pm

As I continue going through my 2011 Power wagon continuing to diagnose and fix. The sway bar disconnect does not work. I would like to find wiring diagram to start to diagnose what is wrong with it.

Also I am missing more wiring harness. So the is a plug for the front locker that is mounted to the frame rail right below passenger foot well. I have no idea what I am missing. It obviously links the front and rear locker somehow but no idea how. Does anyone have diagram that shows the wiring for the front and rear locker. I would like to know where that plugs into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I mean at this point I cannot tell if my sway bar disco works or not and I cannot tell if either of the lockers work because things are a bit askew right now.

Thanks.

Darrin

trk4sale
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: More Questions...missing parts

Post by trk4sale » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 am

Have you considered hard wiring the lockers? Easy to do and works almost instantly.
I'm not sure if these fit 4th Gen trucks, but easy enough to find out:
https://www.offroadevolution.com/produc ... ct-jk-jku/
Chasing wiring gremlins can be frustrating and expensive.
Preview

2005 white Q.C. Power Wagon #1716
AEM Brute Force intake
Gibson CAT back exhaust
Super Chips Flashpac Tuner
Wet Okole seat covers
35" Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Line-X bed coating
Trac Rac Sliding Lumber Rack
Dual Batteries w/ Hellroaring Technologies Isolator/Combiner
Extreme Outback Magnum on board air compressor
H2 rims

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 am

I haven't even considered anything yet because I don't have a complete wiring harness. I mean the front locker isn't even plugged into anything....so I am trying to track down the wiring harness for the lockers.

As for the swaybar disconnect....same thing I need to make sure the system is even working before I start going to second and third ideas.

I mean basically I want to at least get the system to the way it came stock....if it doesn't work at all then I can start doing work arounds. I am just trying to find wiring harnesses and diagrams and it is proving to be difficult.

Again.....I appreciate any help at all.

Darrin

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:20 am

Is anyone still making the wiring kits that use the factory dial switch. I know people are hoping and praying that they are but I haven't seen any activity from MYoung or any of the others that were doing it.

trk4sale
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by trk4sale » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:01 pm

The thing is that the stock set-up is not all that great and you might be spending a lot of time and money to restore a system that is full of failure prone sensors and "safeguards" that will prevent the lockers or sway bar from working.
Keeping it simple will let everything work when you want it to.
Preview

2005 white Q.C. Power Wagon #1716
AEM Brute Force intake
Gibson CAT back exhaust
Super Chips Flashpac Tuner
Wet Okole seat covers
35" Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Line-X bed coating
Trac Rac Sliding Lumber Rack
Dual Batteries w/ Hellroaring Technologies Isolator/Combiner
Extreme Outback Magnum on board air compressor
H2 rims

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:20 pm

That is a great point.....

So is anyone making the bypass kits that use the stock selector knob????

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:26 pm

drdfblackm wrote:That is a great point.....

No, not right now.

Where the heck is your wiring? Are you saying someone removed all the wiring for the lockers and smartbar? Why the hell would someone even do that?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:35 pm

olyelr wrote:
drdfblackm wrote:That is a great point.....

No, not right now.

Where the heck is your wiring? Are you saying someone removed all the wiring for the lockers and smartbar? Why the hell would someone even do that?
The original owner probably heard there was locker bypass kit out there and got so excited they ripped all the wiring out from under the truck. Then they found out nobody was making them and got so discouraged that they sold the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Or thy pulled the lockers and swapped them for standard gears. Are you sure you have your lockers?

Sent from my safe space

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Something like that.

Well the connectors for the lockers are still there on the axle housings so I assume they are still in there.

The smart bar wiring is there....but I am trying to diagnose that.

The locker wiring is partially there, not sure where it went. I mean I have the plug that connects to the axle and continues up to the frame rail where there is a plug. But at that plug under the passenger foot well it is missing.

As you mentioned it is weird. But it was not the previous owner that did anything....it was the owner before that. Last owner just had it as a truck. Didn't even know the truck was special...just thought it was a ram 2500.....which is why I picked it up so cheap. Plus the front winch and cradle was missing. That has been replaced...got a super deal on a setup.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Did someone throw PW axles and swaybar under a 2500? Something sounds fishy. The harness(es) that you describe as missing sound like part of the main harness, not accessory pigtails.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:04 pm

If not someone went through a lot of trouble to put all the decals and proper axle lock and swaybar disconnect switch on a regular 2500.

Plus it has the proper PW suspension on it.....I mean it could be done but seems like a ton of effort to go through.

3D7TT2CT3BG630735 is the VIN if you want to decode it for me.

jailor97
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by jailor97 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:24 pm

From what I have found, it is a PW.

However, you will need to pay about $10 to get a detailed report showing what has actually happened to it.
It may have been to auction twice and even an accident of some sort.
2015 Power Wagon in Granite Metallic w/Rambox
Bak Flip G2, Westin Pro Traxx 4, twin JL Audio 10"subs powered by JL RD500x1, DDM Tuning HID low/LED high headlights, 35" BFG's, DeeZee tailgate assist, custom Magnaflow true dual exhaust, AEM Dryflow Airfilter, Diablo Intune2 w/Hemifever tuning

more to come...

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Dang that truck is clean!

Sent from my safe space

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 pm

It was in an accident. I have the whole report. It has been repaired properly. Had frame shop/body guy look over everything.

I mean I spent next to nothing on it (I mean seriously....you guys would choke if you knew) and it only had 83K miles on it when I bought it....up to 88K now.

That's the reason I don't care so much and am willing to take the time to get everything back to working order. It can be done...just have to take the time.

And thank you...it's not super clean right now due to all the snow....but it is a very nice truck.

Getting control arms and adjustable track bar soon.

Don't know how much I want to do to it but I want to get everything working again.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:39 pm

How much did you pick it up for? I got my 2011 for 13k, but it is a salvage title and has dents/rings and holes in the roof.

Sent from my safe space

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:43 pm

$10K no dents but there is a previous restored title but it did not transfer to AZ....it's a clean AZ title.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: that is freaking amazing dude. Sell it for $30k and buy a beat one for less haha

Sent from my safe space

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Well I mean I wouldn't ever want to do that to anyone. If I sell it I would like to make a couple grand but that's it.

I mean I really bought it because I needed a truck...and hell I can't get a 2011 anything with that low of mileage for anything less than $18K. But I knew all about the PW and have wanted one since 2008.

So I will prob keep it for a year or 2 and get everything working properly and then move it down the road.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 pm

If you are considering selling it fairly soon, i agree that getting everything functioning with the factory switches would be worthwhile for resale value. Otherwise, just hardwire the lockers.

Have you looked REALLY good for the other plug in connectors? I just cant fathom why somebody would remove them. That would be a serious PITA.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:16 am

I just got under the truck briefly on Saturday. It is still cold and lots of snow on the ground so I need to wait a bit to really do some detective work. I mean it honestly at first glance looks like part of the harness is missing. But I don't really know what the wiring looks like from the rear to the front and where it comes together for the switch inside which is why I am looking for a wiring diagram.

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by vanished » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 am

Where are you located? Any members close enough to park side by side to help investigate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:35 am

Flagstaff AZ....so prob not.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Do you ever come to California? I might be the closest and I have a 2011. Located in Upland/Ontario off the 10

Sent from my safe space

drdfblackm
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by drdfblackm » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Worst case scenario.....once I get into it maybe someone can take some photos of wiring so I have something to go by.

I try and stay away from LA area, but I appreciate the offer and if I am not able to figure it out that will be an option for sure....thank you Mr Damage!