AEV procal

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
BoldAdventure
Model Year: 2015

Re: AEV procal

Post by BoldAdventure » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:Image
The gun is good. The penis is bad.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by yellowranger1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Well crap, I hope my order made the cutoff! Guess we'll see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Too bad you guys can't freely adjust your TPMS like us 4th gen guys

Sent from my safe space

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:30 pm

DamageWagon wrote:Too bad you guys can't freely adjust your TPMS like us worst gen guys Image

Sent from my safe space
Fixed that for you.
Best Year Power Wagon

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
DamageWagon wrote:Too bad you guys can't freely adjust your TPMS like us worst gen guys Image

Sent from my safe space
Fixed that for you.
Freely adjust TPMS, instead of paying $500 for a tool

Go as big or bad on suspension as we want, instead of being stuck with 2.5's and crappy payload rear springs... On a HD truck

Enormous aftermarket selection

Don't need a new PCM to plug in a tuner

Don't know dude, sounds like you're jealous. After dropping 50+K on a new truck, I would be too.

Sent from my safe space

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:40 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:

Sent from my safe space
Fixed that for you.
Freely adjust TPMS, instead of paying $500 for a tool

Go as big or bad on suspension as we want, instead of being stuck with 2.5's and crappy payload rear springs... On a HD truck

Enormous aftermarket selection

Don't need a new PCM to plug in a tuner

Don't know dude, sounds like you're jealous. After dropping 50+K on a new truck, I would be too.

Sent from my safe space
The engine in my truck shares the same block with the Hellcat. Middle aged women throw their large underwear at me when I drive by. Your hypothesis is invalid.
Best Year Power Wagon

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:42 pm

MikeKey wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:Image
The gun is good. The penis is bad.

the internet delivers...
Best Year Power Wagon

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:43 pm

The day middle aged women begin throwing their oversized underwear at me is when I will admit that whatever I'm driving is about as straight as a Miata. And I don't think a Power Wagon will ever be on that level.

Sent from my safe space

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:57 pm

DamageWagon wrote:The day middle aged women begin throwing their oversized underwear at me is when I will admit that whatever I'm driving is about as straight as a Miata. And I don't think a Power Wagon will ever be on that level.

Sent from my safe space
In that case I only paid $170 for a ProCal and my TPMS is already "fixed". It's cool you have a cheap tuner, that puts you what, 40hp from the "Best-Gen"?

Choochoooooo!
Best Year Power Wagon

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 pm

It's ok man, it only takes 50hp to make up the speed off road with my 3.0's

Sent from my safe space

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 pm

machete-lc wrote:So after reading the PDF attached above it appears you can use this Procal to program the fog lights to work when the high beam headlights are selected. Can someone confirm this?
Yeah, works great.
Best Year Power Wagon

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Low_Sky wrote:This is why we can't have nice things like ProCals and locker bypasses.
Some of us have locker bypass

Speaking of the bypass, I still need to install mine. Maybe over spring break.
2012 Ram Power Wagon: http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 pm

04Ram2500Hemi wrote:
Low_Sky wrote:This is why we can't have nice things like ProCals and locker bypasses.
Some of us have locker bypass

Speaking of the bypass, I still need to install mine. Maybe over spring break.
Some of us have both.
Best Year Power Wagon

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Received and installed my PROCAL today! 5 min all in to program every setting.

Feels like I have a new truck -- resetting tire size & axle ratio made a huge difference, WOW! The tranny shifts on cadence now, low end really wakes up too! I'd say it's an imperative mod if you think about changing tire size and gear ratios. :rockon:

One downside, when I actually measured my 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers to program the tire size, they barely measured 36" warm @ 50psi.
Attachments
IMG_0073.JPG
Arrived FedEx this morning
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

BoldAdventure

Post by BoldAdventure » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm going to call again this week to see if anything has changed with selling them.

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Do your little tires even warrant recalibration?
Best Year Power Wagon

zigsrig

Post by zigsrig » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16 pm

MikeKey wrote:I'm going to call again this week to see if anything has changed with selling them.
AEV is not going to sell it to you directly (yet) but OK4wd will.

However, I did get a note from Rin (son of the owner Jim) that they won't be getting too many more to sell by them selves.

Apparently the word got out fast on Facebook and the forums Image

Having said all of that, I love my procal for my truck!!

2015 Granite Laramie Power Wagon
2014 JK Rubicon - AEV'd with 37's

BoldAdventure

Post by BoldAdventure » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:Do your little tires even warrant recalibration?
:roll: Yea 37's are so much bigger.
zigsrig wrote:

However, I did get a note from Rin (son of the owner Jim) that they won't be getting too many more to sell by them selves.

k
You def did not bother to read the thread before replying, did you. :poke:

MikeKey wrote: Spoke with Brian, they've had over 20 calls and AEV shut them down. They can't ship them now.:

zigsrig

Post by zigsrig » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:03 am

MikeKey wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:Do your little tires even warrant recalibration?
:roll: Yea 37's are so much bigger.
zigsrig wrote:

k
You def did not bother to read the thread before replying, did you. :poke:

MikeKey wrote: Spoke with Brian, they've had over 20 calls and AEV shut them down. They can't ship them now.:
Try to skip over the AEV bashing by a guy who clearly knows more than the rest of us Image

Just as an FYI, mine came directly from AEV as a drip ship... I guess not flaming them all over the net might help you out in the end. Image

2015 Granite Laramie Power Wagon
2014 JK Rubicon - AEV'd with 37's

BoldAdventure

Post by BoldAdventure » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:47 am

zigsrig wrote: Try to skip over the AEV bashing by a guy who clearly knows more than the rest of us

Just as an FYI, mine came directly from AEV as a drip ship... I guess not flaming them all over the net might help you out in the end. Image
zigsrig wrote:
AEV is not going to sell it to you directly

DaFuq?

Some of us BS with each other on here and don't take it seriously. Not sure if you're aware of that. But you just said two different things in two different posts. :poke:

I smell something. 10 posts mostly defending AEV. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/sea ... 7&sr=posts

zigsrig wrote:Ive been lucky to drive in a 2016 power wagon for the past week that was a test truck for AEV for the procal ( its stock, other than the 37" KO2's and AEV wheels). My friend who owns the truck was out of town and let me borrow it since I'm between trucks ( new power wagon will be coming home with me soon).

I got to ride in it before the pro cal adjustments, and I have to say it wasn't ideal. The shift points we way off, and to be honest the 6.4 felt sluggish. With the procal installed, it drove like a "stock" truck.

THe owner of the truck is a memeber on here, so I'll let him chime in if he sees this thread. But I can say it works just like the JK procal does changing the computer settings to make the truck happy again with the 37"s.
:popcorn:
zigsrig wrote:My $.02 from a newb on this forum...

The trucks are really not exact equals (not just that we love power wagons over here) but for their true end user function.

Interestingly enough, the whole AEV RAM project came to be when Dave (AEV founder) wanted something bigger than his Brute to camp in, and made an 06 RAM 5.9 into a hybrid power wagon / Icelandic truck (he actually swapped the axels to the old power wagon axles for the 4.56's and the lockers... You can read about it somewhere on the AEV site if you want more info).

That all being said, the prospectors do fill a unique market... One that perhaps the Power Wagon doesnt (we could argue this for days). I mean how many times have you seen someone say they "wish the PW had the cummins"...

Unless you have the ability to drive both trucks, its hard to knock what AEV has done for the RAM. Do remember, their first "Prospector" that they used for promotional tours and quite a few off road trips was their orange Power Wagon. I had the pleasure to drive it, and thats what made me want to start looking for a RAM of my own.

In full disclosure, I almost pulled the trigger on a used Prospector (was listed for $45k, a 2015 SLT) but it sold before I could close the deal over the phone (it was in Chicago, Me in Denver).

In the end, the lust for a power wagon won over for me, and thats why I have one in the driveway.

The OP should try to drive both, and see what they really want out of a truck before they make the decision n exactly what they want. Me... I wanted a truck that could compliment my JK (an AEV's JK ;) ) off pavement, could tow my Travel Trailer place to place and still be comfortable enough to drive to work every day... For these reason, I went with a Power Wagon.

ZIG

Guy who knows more than everyone else. :roll: That was weak.

I remember back in the days of surfing LSX when tuners would pretend to be customers who bashed other customers that complained. Was really lame. And truth always came out.

:poke:

Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:17 am

zigsrig wrote:
MikeKey wrote:I'm going to call again this week to see if anything has changed with selling them.

I think the ProCal could be better...like most of what AEV makes. Tell Dave I said his lift is half assed.
Best Year Power Wagon

Timgco
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Timgco » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:30 am

MikeKey wrote:
DaFuq?

Some of us BS with each other on here and don't take it seriously. Not sure if you're aware of that. But you just said two different things in two different posts. :poke:

I smell something. 10 posts mostly defending AEV. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/sea ... 7&sr=posts

your sense of smell is off! Some of us are passionate about our builds, and some of us are friends with people that work at AEV, nothing more than that.
zigsrig wrote:Ive been lucky to drive in a 2016 power wagon for the past week that was a test truck for AEV for the procal ( its stock, other than the 37" KO2's and AEV wheels). My friend who owns the truck was out of town and let me borrow it since I'm between trucks ( new power wagon will be coming home with me soon).

I got to ride in it before the pro cal adjustments, and I have to say it wasn't ideal. The shift points we way off, and to be honest the 6.4 felt sluggish. With the procal installed, it drove like a "stock" truck.

THe owner of the truck is a memeber on here, so I'll let him chime in if he sees this thread. But I can say it works just like the JK procal does changing the computer settings to make the truck happy again with the 37"s.
:popcorn:
zigsrig wrote:My $.02 from a newb on this forum...

The trucks are really not exact equals (not just that we love power wagons over here) but for their true end user function.

Interestingly enough, the whole AEV RAM project came to be when Dave (AEV founder) wanted something bigger than his Brute to camp in, and made an 06 RAM 5.9 into a hybrid power wagon / Icelandic truck (he actually swapped the axels to the old power wagon axles for the 4.56's and the lockers... You can read about it somewhere on the AEV site if you want more info).

That all being said, the prospectors do fill a unique market... One that perhaps the Power Wagon doesnt (we could argue this for days). I mean how many times have you seen someone say they "wish the PW had the cummins"...

Unless you have the ability to drive both trucks, its hard to knock what AEV has done for the RAM. Do remember, their first "Prospector" that they used for promotional tours and quite a few off road trips was their orange Power Wagon. I had the pleasure to drive it, and thats what made me want to start looking for a RAM of my own.

In full disclosure, I almost pulled the trigger on a used Prospector (was listed for $45k, a 2015 SLT) but it sold before I could close the deal over the phone (it was in Chicago, Me in Denver).

In the end, the lust for a power wagon won over for me, and thats why I have one in the driveway.

The OP should try to drive both, and see what they really want out of a truck before they make the decision n exactly what they want. Me... I wanted a truck that could compliment my JK (an AEV's JK ;) ) off pavement, could tow my Travel Trailer place to place and still be comfortable enough to drive to work every day... For these reason, I went with a Power Wagon.

ZIG

Guy who knows more than everyone else. :roll: That was weak.

I remember back in the days of surfing LSX when tuners would pretend to be customers who bashed other customers that complained. Was really lame. And truth always came out.

:poke:
Mike, that's not the case, not even close. Lol. I know Zig and he is not affiliated with AEV. The truck Zig referred to driving was mine. While I've seen manufacts/ tuners pull that kind of crap on forums, that's not the case here. Btw, The procal works great on the RAM! I've had mine for a few months doing some testing with it. :lol: :lol:
2016 Laramie Power Wagon
...www.idontworkforaev.com...

BoldAdventure

Post by BoldAdventure » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:36 am

You guys are fast to defend your buddies. :cheers: Mad props.
Power_Wagon_Registry_•_Search.jpg
Just got my trolling motor out.

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:49 am

:run:
Attachments
IMG_0075.GIF
IMG_0075.GIF (1 MiB) Viewed 1486 times
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:00 am

Oh come on we all know aev is junk........there is so many better tuners and programmers out there.....if you drive a diesel.

When aev admits it's suspension is designed by a rancho employee who hooked up with a pro comp employee once....can we get back to the entire reason the pw community is looking for a tuner. Tranny shift points and tire size adjustment. After that any hemi tuning company will make better power anyway. It won't be long before someone has had enough with being overcharged for half ass product.

But it's ok. Keep buying and fuel the monster. :cash: :cash:

Alright I've 'flamed' aev now defend it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really don't care as its a product I wouldn't buy ever. But to each his own
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more