Hey guys its Powerwagonmark! I am back!

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Powerwagonmarkp
Model Year: 2008

Hey guys its Powerwagonmark! I am back!

Post by Powerwagonmarkp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Hey guys it has been a long long time. I could not log into the forum tried for ever sent emails and nothing. What happened???? So for years I have been just looking here and there I finally said screw it I am going to re-register. :lockedandloaded:

So since I have been gone awhile can you guys bring me up to speed with what new parts/mods have come out in the PW world. Also we need to go back to RC I have missed them all.

Thanks,

Powerwagonmark

Powerwagonmarkp

Re: Hey guys its Powerwagonmark! I am back!

Post by Powerwagonmarkp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Attachments
105.JPG
099.JPG

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Welcome back Mark !!! :rockon:

Powerwagonmarkp

Post by Powerwagonmarkp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks Twin!

What has been going on since my disappearance? What are the new offroad developments in the PW world? New suspension stuff? I need to be filled in and brought up to speed.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Hey Mark!!! I was worried you became bored with us! Great to see you back again.
I don't think there are many major suspension changes in your lift range. Carli released some high clearance short arms. I think you have all the clearance you need. They also released a new track bar that eliminated the bushing that always wears out on the frame end. Rusty has one. A few others do as well.
Most development seems to be on the 4th, 4.5, and 5th Gen platforms. The radius arm front and coil spring rear really got Carli and Thuren's attention. But I think they had our systems pretty dialed in before, so we are OK.
Keep an eye out for RC planning. The last few have been great. It would be awesome to see you there again!
How is the PW holding up?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Oh, and the ever-present "locker bypass" unicorn is still alive and hiding...

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Welcome back Mark! :cheers:
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Mark, is your cell # the same as when you came down? I can shoot you a text so you have something in case you get "banned" again. Lol

WINCH MOB PROUD!

Powerwagonmarkp

Post by Powerwagonmarkp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:27 pm

FirerescuePW wrote:Mark, is your cell # the same as when you came down? I can shoot you a text so you have something in case you get "banned" again. Lol

Sent you a PM with my cell number.

Thanks for the welcome back guys.

I don't know what happened. The site would not let me log in it would not send my password to my email. I emailed the registry and didn't hear back. I still have the PW it is a little rusty underneath from all the water and mud. I am going to freashin it up. My suspension lift has 100000kms so it is time to redo my suspension. My shocks are done my leafs are toast. So in the spring I am going to rebuild everything. I am thinking of doing some more cutting and fab work as I would like to run bigger tires my Pitbulls don't have much life left. I was on Thurens website and he has this weld in longarm lift anyone try this?. I am definitely wanting to go to another meet with you guys RC was awesome. Would love to go to Moab.

Powerwagonmarkp

Post by Powerwagonmarkp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:42 pm

The good old days.
Attachments
082.JPG

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Come to Moab this year.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Powerwagonmarkp

Post by Powerwagonmarkp » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:05 pm

MikeKey wrote:Come to Moab this year.
If some Ontario guys are willing to get together and ship our trucks down there I will come forsure.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 am

Hey Mark, long time bud! :lol: You missed some good times at Rausch Creek. Was wondering what happen to you crazies from the geat white north. :lol:
phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Powerwagonmark » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:38 am

Now I am really back!!! Thanks ACE!
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON
Power Wagon= 12000lb Warn winch, Electronic Disconnecting Swaybar, Front and rear lockers, 4.56 gears

Upgrades= BDS 4" long arm lift, JBA Shorty headers, Custom MBRP Y-Pipe, MBRP Custom exhaust, Stainless Steel front and rear brake lines, Thuren Adjustable track bar with Fox Racing Steering Stabilizer, Thuren/Atlas custom leafs, Thuren 6" Coil Springs, Thuren Adjustable Shackles, Redhead steering box, Carli front diff guard, Airflow Snorkel, Vent Tubes Extended, Custom Rock Rails(made by me), Custom rear tube bumper(made by me), Rockcrusher rear diff guard, Bushwacker pocket flares, Trimmed fenders, DT Profab Steering Box Brace, Borgeson steering shaft, 1 Ton Tranny cooler, Mickey Thompson 17x9 Sidebiter Wheels, Pitbull Rockers 37x12.5x17, Road Armour front bumper trimmed for extra clearance with lightbar and 4 KC lights and 4 Piaa's, Procomp Explorer Lights mounted on backrack, Wireless winch remote, Tints, clear cab lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, HighLift Jack, Tool box, RBP gas cover(piece of junk). Line-xed from head to toe. More straps, shackles and pulleys than I actually need.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:29 pm

BAM!
Now I recognize you!

WINCH MOB PROUD!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:05 pm

FirerescuePW wrote:BAM!
Now I recognize you!

When Eric had tp pull him out of the hole? :lol:

Need to have Eric back, but...............................................................................think his wife was giving him some.....................being with us. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Alakablamo
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Alakablamo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:58 pm

What's the Line-X'd Powerwagon look like these days? I have a hard time believing you haven't done anything to it since you left.

Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Powerwagonmark » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:25 pm

Honestly everything is the same I have done nothing too it. Now I have to redo everything. The suspension is done no life left in it. I need new shocks, bushings, leaf springs, bump stops. I need all new lighting as all my lights are either cracked or screwed from all the mud and water. I need a new battery so I am going to do a dual battery setup. I need new tires the pitbulls are finished and now I want to go 40s. So I am pretty much going to do a overhaul in the spring. The next time you guys see this truck it is going to be a whole other ball game. Its going to get crazy hey I might even cut the frame and shorten the wheelbase who knows??? :secret: :excited:
Last edited by Powerwagonmark on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON
Power Wagon= 12000lb Warn winch, Electronic Disconnecting Swaybar, Front and rear lockers, 4.56 gears

Upgrades= BDS 4" long arm lift, JBA Shorty headers, Custom MBRP Y-Pipe, MBRP Custom exhaust, Stainless Steel front and rear brake lines, Thuren Adjustable track bar with Fox Racing Steering Stabilizer, Thuren/Atlas custom leafs, Thuren 6" Coil Springs, Thuren Adjustable Shackles, Redhead steering box, Carli front diff guard, Airflow Snorkel, Vent Tubes Extended, Custom Rock Rails(made by me), Custom rear tube bumper(made by me), Rockcrusher rear diff guard, Bushwacker pocket flares, Trimmed fenders, DT Profab Steering Box Brace, Borgeson steering shaft, 1 Ton Tranny cooler, Mickey Thompson 17x9 Sidebiter Wheels, Pitbull Rockers 37x12.5x17, Road Armour front bumper trimmed for extra clearance with lightbar and 4 KC lights and 4 Piaa's, Procomp Explorer Lights mounted on backrack, Wireless winch remote, Tints, clear cab lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, HighLift Jack, Tool box, RBP gas cover(piece of junk). Line-xed from head to toe. More straps, shackles and pulleys than I actually need.

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Glad Ace was able to get to you!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:28 am

Alakablamo wrote:What's the Line-X'd Powerwagon look like these days? I have a hard time believing you haven't done anything to it since you left.
Some things just get better with age. :cheers:
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Welcome back!!!! Looking forward to seeing your build, I am (as per usual) contemplating 40s but too chicken to make the jump. Your Pitbulls you have been running, are they 37" rocker radials? How have you liked them??? (I am hopefully getting some soon) For some info on the Thuren weld on long arms, check out 2wagons1driveway's build thread, he has the Thuren Alien Arms. (hos is a 4th gen but still, great info!) Looks like you are continuing to have fun with your Wagon, awesome!!!!

Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Powerwagonmark » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks! Yup I have 37" Rocker radials. I had 35" MT baja claws and 37" Goodyear kevlars and the Pitbulls are the best so far. Smooth enough on the road great in mud, rocks and snow.
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON