Which Bed Cover

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Jmarklowitz
Model Year: 2016

Which Bed Cover

Post by Jmarklowitz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi guys, I am getting ready to order a bed cover in the next week or two and I'm undecided between these two covers. I'm hoping you all can help me decide? I'm looking for something that will last for years & Years of use with good security (I always park outside at home and park at a lot of hotels for work). I would like an integrated storage box. I will not be hauling ATV's on top but maybe Christmas trees, plywood, etc. on occasion? Would be nice if I can stand up their to wash/wax roof.

Truck Covers USA American Work Cover vs. Diamondback HD with cross bin?

American work Cover - Pro's
Looks, ease of opening up without removing panels for tall item hauling, easy access to tool box, auto locks on tool box works with tailgate lock, LED lighting

American Work Cover - Con's
Drilling holes in bed for drainage :o, Lots of moving parts (will it fail or bind overtime?), maintenance? 500 pound weight rating on top (looks like it is sagging with a guy standing on top in their pictures but could be glare? no tie downs, Price, I do not see many reviews online.

Diamondback HD - Pro's
Less moving parts, plenty strong, tie downs, Lot's of positive reviews online

Diamondback HD - Con's
Not flush with bed so I personally do not like the looks as well (I would choose function or looks), Open bed access (the removable panels do not seem convenient)

I am leaning towards the Diamondback HD with cross box & Line-X but would love to hear your opinions please.

Mr. Truck @ SEMA showing the American Worker Cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpy2tPsuafk

Dirt trax Diamonback review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPM1L04wGg

Please let me know if you have experience with either items or similar items and if there is anything important that I am missing. Thank you!
2016 Laramie PW

Timgco
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Which Bed Cover

Post by Timgco » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:24 pm

How about the Baklfip Covers.
I have both a Revolver X2 currently installed. Easy access to the bed. If you run a tailgate seal with this setup, it would stay mostly dry in there. Tailgate is the only area where water comes in. Bed space is secure when tailgate is locked.

I also have a Baklflip MX4. I only had this one installed for a couple weeks. It's heavy! You can stand on this one. It folds up out of the way and is removable quickly if needed. Same with Tailgate seal on this one. Bed is also secure when tailgate is locked. This cover has a more rugged matte black finish on it.

Let me know if you want to check either one of them out. I'm out towards Southlands.
2016 Laramie Power Wagon
...www.idontworkforaev.com...

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you Timgco, I like the looks of the MX4 being more low profile. I just checked out their website. Looks like it would save some $$$ too. Their Bakbox looks a little cheesy to me. I will put it on my list to check out.

I am about 4 miles or so west of Southlands near Smokey Hill & Himalaya.
2016 Laramie PW

jailor97
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by jailor97 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:57 pm

I purchased a BakflipG2. I know it isn't necessarily what you are looking at, but I needed to chime in.

Already had the weather seal on the tailgate fail twice. It keeps coming unglued from the cover itself. Went to the place of purchase to fix once and I am waiting to hear back from corporate for a second fix.

I like the functionality, but I think I should have spent a few more dollars for something better built.

BTW, I like the cover on the back of Adeluca's truck. I couldn't install, due to rambox in my bed.
2015 Power Wagon in Granite Metallic w/Rambox
Bak Flip G2, Westin Pro Traxx 4, twin JL Audio 10"subs powered by JL RD500x1, DDM Tuning HID low/LED high headlights, 35" BFG's, DeeZee tailgate assist, custom Magnaflow true dual exhaust, AEM Dryflow Airfilter, Diablo Intune2 w/Hemifever tuning

more to come...

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Thank you Sir. So that would be a vote for the Diamondback. Looks like all the Coloradans are chiming it today :rockon:
2016 Laramie PW

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:07 am

I have the DB HD in Line-x since I bought my PW 2 yrs ago & love it. It's the best functional all around cover on the market, not even close. It's also the most expensive.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:12 am

Thank you adeluca73 for taking the time!
2016 Laramie PW

gma3748

Post by gma3748 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Putting in a vote for the DB HD w/Linex. I put mine on a little over a month ago and have been very pleased with it so far!

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Thank you gma3748! I think based on the feedback received and online reviews, I will go ahead with Diamondback HD w/Line-X. Did you order directly from Diamondback or a local store?
2016 Laramie PW

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Jmarklowitz wrote:Thank you gma3748! I think based on the feedback received and online reviews, I will go ahead with Diamondback HD w/Line-X. Did you order directly from Diamondback or a local store?

Direct from DB. Comes dropped shipped on a long pallet. Have to assemble & install yourself. If you live near Pittsburgh, they'll put it on for you at the factory.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Jmarklowitz

Post by Jmarklowitz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 pm

I ordered the DB HD with Line-x & Cross bin from truckcandy. Thank you for your replies. Now I'm waiting for it to ship. Still waiting on WK Sliders to ship. Good things come to those who wait... I guess... LOL.
2016 Laramie PW