Ram/MOPAR Owner Web Site Redesign

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
walc
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Ram/MOPAR Owner Web Site Redesign

Post by walc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Over this past weekend, I noticed that the Ram/MOPAR Owner Web Site has been redesigned.

See: https://www.mopar.com/

Now, it says my 2016 Ram 2500 Power Wagon is a Ram Van, even though my VIN is correctly listed, and incorrectly says my mileage is 20,650; instead of 9,375.

It also now gives the 10,000 mile interval maintenance schedule, applicable to Ram Vans, instead of the 8,000 mile interval for Power Wagons.

I guess people who work for Microsoft must be moonlighting for FCA/MOPAR. :lol:
2016 Power Wagon SLT

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: Ram/MOPAR Owner Web Site Redesign

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:10 am

:doh: :doh:
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2019

Post by waldo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:38 am

After I bought my new 16, I was getting emails from ram wanting to know if I was happy with my new Ram Van. They must have outsourced all of that stuff to India.

I can't believe they're still calling it that.

I sent them back a rather curt email stating that I bought a truck and not a van.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:56 am

I get an email once a month telling me the condition of my truck; if there is any issues, check engine lights, codes, tires pressures, milage, engine oil life etc.

Kinda scarry, really.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:18 pm

olyelr wrote:I get an email once a month telling me the condition of my truck; if there is any issues, check engine lights, codes, tires pressures, milage, engine oil life etc.

Kinda scarry, really.
What about some of the new vehicles being able to be disabled by some Big Brother :o , do they have that ability on the new RAMs ? Makes me happy that my truck doesn't even have a GPS.
2005 Power Wagon

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:33 pm

For years, they have been working on devices that will disable a vehicle from the police car. Kind of like a directional mini EMP i guess. But some genius figured out: :idea: I know, we will make every vehicle with an "on Star" type computer, charge the customer for it & have the ability to listen (without their knowledge) and to shut the vehicle down via stalite !!! So now that technology is not needed anymore.

I have read stories where people talk in their vehicle about wanting to take a trip to Hawaii , then all of a sudden, they start getting stupid adds for discounts on trips to Hawaii. Same on your computer, start researching trips to where ever & next thing you know, your computer is throwing up adds & e-mails for trips to that place.

Don't think for 1 minute we are not being constantly surveilled. Back in 2004, when I bought a 24 row 1 ton trans cooler for my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4, I had a local Dodge dealer instal it to keep the factory warranty. After 45 min, the service tech came out to the service manager & said: "Hey Joe, you know that Hemi I just put the trans cooler in ?" - He said yeah, the the tech said "do you know it has been going over 100 mph for over 16 minutes ?". Service manager came directly over to me & said "do you like to go fast Mr. XXXXX ?." I said yeah, i do. He then said "You might want to stop doing that." When I asked why, his response was "The Insurance Companies have been lobbying for years to try to have access to the info stored on the vehicles computers. Your particular computer records the minutes over 100 mph. If they saw that, you would be put into the risk pool & your insurance would jump to over $3000 per year !!!" They are also looking into it to tie a vehicle to a certain area when a crime takes place. They are trying every avenue they can think of to track you !"

Now, it is every vehicle & they make the customer pay to be surveilled, how ingenious. :jawdrop: Also via your smart phone. The other night, I was sitting watching tv with my phone right next to me on the table. All of a sudden, the phone screen came on, went to my apps, went to my photo's, went through 5 pics, clicked on them & blew them up !!! :jawdrop: My wife & I just looked at each other. I said did you see that ? She said yeah, what the hell ? We contacted the phone company & they said thats impossible. Well, no it ain't. Cause we saw it happen.

blindsquirrel33
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by blindsquirrel33 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Even more disturbing, the EDR is permitted in court.
http://ceas.uc.edu/content/dam/aero/docs/fire/speed.pdf

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:18 pm

blindsquirrel33 wrote:Even more disturbing, the EDR is permitted in court.
http://ceas.uc.edu/content/dam/aero/docs/fire/speed.pdf
George Orwell called it, but he had the wrong year.
2005 Power Wagon

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:06 pm

That's not even the most disturbing stuff. While most people think of Knight Rider with self-driving cars, you should hear the scary shit they really want to do with them. Control where you can and cannot go. Even deliver you right into the hands of the authorities if needed. Governments and insurance companies are looking to make big money off pushing automated vehicles by taxing the tar out of people who continue to drive themselves. Environmentalist are talking about how the government could limit how many times you are allowed to drive the car to save on green house gases and distances. Nothing you will be able to counter, the updates will just be baked into the system.

People will give up their freedom for the guise of safety and convince.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

walc
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by walc » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:23 pm

walc wrote:Over this past weekend, I noticed that the Ram/MOPAR Owner Web Site has been redesigned.

See: https://www.mopar.com/

Now, it says my 2016 Ram 2500 Power Wagon is a Ram Van, even though my VIN is correctly listed, and incorrectly says my mileage is 20,650; instead of 9,375.

It also now gives the 10,000 mile interval maintenance schedule, applicable to Ram Vans, instead of the 8,000 mile interval for Power Wagons.
I'm curious.
Have any of you experienced the same problems with https://www.mopar.com/ ?
2016 Power Wagon SLT

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2019

Post by waldo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:09 am

It still lists my 16 as a van, but the 07 comes up as a 2500.

Whats worse is the service records. Dates and dealers are correct, but NONE of the reasons for service are correct. Not a single one. :doh: :angry:
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

walc
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by walc » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:35 am

^ Now that you mention it, my service records have the correct dates, and mileage, and wrong descriptions.
The recent crank sensor replacement is described as an oil change.
2016 Power Wagon SLT