Kill-switch for electronic nannies

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
TJ02Gopher
Model Year: 2016

Re: Kill-switch for electronic nannies

Post by TJ02Gopher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:49 am

Have you noticed that after using ABS bypass, that you brakes seem better on road?
I made a similar bypass set up on mine, and after turning the ABS system back on, my brakes seem to be more responsive, almost stronger.

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Bill2014 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:21 pm

It's a real thing. Commonly referred to as the "Observer effect"

Are the brakes any different - probably not. But you are more aware of their performance...
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:47 am

:rockon:

:cheers:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 am

I thought I would bring this topic back to life to talk about the other trucks not currently covered by the 2013-18 Nanny Kill Switch. A half dozen 2011-12 owners are waiting for something that will fit their trucks and the same thing is happening with the 2019-20 trucks. I think I know the direction I need to go with the 2011-12 to make it work, I just need to get my hands on one to lay it out and test it.

What about you guys with the 2019 and newer trucks? Have they made any improvements with the "Traction Control Off" button or is it still cutting throttle response even when it's turned off? Have any of you tried pulling the #F2, #F9 or #F11 fuses to check the "start-ability" of the truck with each fuse removed? Does it actually kill the nannies when one of those fuses gets removed?

I don't have a 2019 to test, so if any of you want this to become a reality, it's time to do some hands on testing. Let me know if there's enough interest to move this forward. If you want to know what kind of testing you need to do, just start reading through the early pages of this thread. The goal is to know which circuit to interrupt without cutting into the factory harness, so it's plug and play and easily restored back to stock for warranty compliance.
:popcorn:

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2019

Post by waldo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:10 am

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 am

What about you guys with the 2019 and newer trucks? Have they made any improvements with the "Traction Control Off" button or is it still cutting throttle response even when it's turned off? Have any of you tried pulling the #F2, #F9 or #F11 fuses to check the "start-ability" of the truck with each fuse removed? Does it actually kill the nannies when one of those fuses gets removed?

I don't have a 2019 to test, so if any of you want this to become a reality, it's time to do some hands on testing. Let me know if there's enough interest to move this forward. If you want to know what kind of testing you need to do, just start reading through the early pages of this thread. The goal is to know which circuit to interrupt without cutting into the factory harness, so it's plug and play and easily restored back to stock for warranty compliance.
:popcorn:
It hasn't really snowed enough for me to run into the TC throttle cutting issue with the 19 yet. I've been able to get up the mountain to my cabin in 4X4 without the need to brute force my way, so far.

I'm sure it still esists.

The other notable nanny they added to the 19 is the door open autopark with the ZF trans. It can be defeated with a short seatbelt extender.

The one positive thing they did was allow the rear locker in 2WD. Still speed limited, but a plus none the less.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

Pigpen
Model Year: 2014

Post by Pigpen » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Here’s a video of me installing and testing the Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch on a 2015 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. Works great!

https://youtu.be/4YTKJ2xtdR4

Thanks again Abel Components!