Trip

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
stubiePW
500_Posts
500_Posts

Trip

Post by stubiePW » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Hey guys, as stated in one of my last posts, the wife and I are going to Colorado, leaving October 8th. We will be in Golden for the first few days (Sunday Night-Wednesday). Then we will be heading to Moab. I some how convinced my wife to go. Anywho, I have never been before and am wondering what some good trails to hit solo are. I'm not looking for anything crazy, nor am I looking for anything too mild. I want some challenge but nothing to get me into too much trouble.
Seeing as a bunch of you have gone before, I figure you guys are the ones to ask.
Anyway, I look forward to your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timgco
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Trip

Post by Timgco » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:38 pm

By yourself? I never recommend that.. esp this time of year. Storms come in fast and an easy trail can turn into impassable fast. Happened last weeend already. Go to Funtreks.c o m and by the two CO books. One is for North of I70 and the other is for South of it. They have a book for Moab too. Depending on your timeframe and days, there are a few of us that have been hitting the mountains on the weekends. So we may get to give you recent info on trail condition and weather. Breckenridge has some moderate trails in that area. Very scenic too. Feel free to it me up when you get closer.
2016 Laramie Power Wagon
...www.idontworkforaev.com...

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Trip

Post by RustyPW » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Get this book on Moab trails in spiral bound. Think you can still get it at the welcome center. It lists all of the trails and has a rating for each each trail. From easy to WTF. And has their starting points.

https://www.funtreks.com/guide-to-moab- ... rd-edition
Attachments
4x4-moab3-download.jpg
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded: