New AT2's (305's) and BJ's installed, its so quiet!

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
08TwinStickPW
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2008

New AT2's (305's) and BJ's installed, its so quiet!

Post by 08TwinStickPW » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:47 am

Hi,

Posted about needed new BJ's and what to go with, at the end of the day I just spent the $100 deductible and had OE's done (might be trading in next winter before the Added care is done). They also did my front pinion seal while they were there as it had progress from a little drip to a bit wet.

I also had enough of the mud tire noise on my Nitto Trails so I had some 305-70-17 toyo AT2's installed (34-12.50, extreme). WOW is all I can say, they are so much smoother going down the road, and the road noise is back to bearable level!

So far I only have maybe 25 miles on them and they do have a little road noise but no where near the bogger sound I was getting at 1/2 worn....and the 45mph hop I was getting is gone, and no longer shaking at 55+. I will honestly miss the sidewall, it really did make the truck look perfect, as long as these are good in the snow I won't have any complaints.

Also, it looks like I might be having one tire replaced as out of round, (2) tires took no weight, (1) tires took 3oz, (1) tire took 8+oz. Its smooth up to 65 and then has some vibration. Toyo/tread depot are gonna cover a new tire, no charge to me other then M&B.

I will try and get pics this weekend, the truck is dirty.
08' Dodge RAM PowerWagon (Laramie, 6 Speed)
GO: Diablo tuned, AEM drop in, Magnaflow "Y" and 24" muffler (dumper over the axle)
Traction/Suspension:305-70-17 Toyo AT2's, DT Profab Steering Brace, Carli front diff guard.
See: Silver stars headlights, 9012 fogs, reprogrammed for fogs with high beams, (2)6" KC LED gravity in driving/spread behind the grill
Tunes:Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS w/stock infinity amp, Infinity ref. dash/reardoor speakers, kappa component front door, JL rear stealth box and JX500.1d.
Other: Dually marker light under the tailgate, 2013+ Red hemi badges, Bedtred bedliner and mopar rubber mat, Wheel well liners, rubber flaps, Bakflip MX4, W2W Mopar steps (bedlined black), weathertech front mats and rain deflectors.

ShagginWagon86

Re: New AT2's (305's) and BJ's installed, its so quiet!

Post by ShagginWagon86 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Sometimes, all you need is a few BJ's to smooth things out. :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Dodge is life!

www.avondaledodge.com

Boomerttl

Re: New AT2's (305's) and BJ's installed, its so quiet!

Post by Boomerttl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Amen brother,Amen
First wagon 05 bright white,my second wagon 15 Laramie granite crystal