If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Re: Newbie

Post by AceMan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 am

Cactus Red wrote:
VA_Wagon Man wrote:...Most of these guys have been around the block a few times and I could probably call some of them Grandpa, but don't let their age or maturity scare you off. :D
Like a fine wine or a well aged whiskey, time does tent to mellow things, but it also makes them better than the unfiltered brassiness of youth. :mrgreen:
Well said. Maybe add, "refined" to the description. But my wife doesn't think so. Sometimes she says I'm still am irresponsible and immature pain in the ass no matter how old I am. :cheers: :chug:
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 am

Just ribbin' you old timers. I can say that without you guys, we would be missing some of the best experience, knowledge and advice. I enjoy hanging around you guys and learning all I can from you. I remember as a kid hanging out with my grandpap and all his friends at the garage.
There's nothing that can come close to your unselfish guidance to all of us. Thanks!:wink:
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Long Gone:
'05 Silver Power Wagon: # 869: Custom Rear Hitch & Bed Clearance Mod, Custom Front and Rear Tubular Bumpers, Airflow 3rd Gen Snorkel, Diablo Sport Predator, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain, Flow Master 40, Mopar Rock Rails, Warn 15,000lb Winch,with Thermal Bypass, 4.56 Locking front and rear Diffs, Sway-bar disconnect, Uprgraded " T " steering linkage, Fully Skid plated with fore and aft bars, Carli Front Diff Protector, RockCrusher Rear Diff Pro, Bilstein 5100's with rear Custom Valving, Pit Slave Winch Strap, CajunPW PNP Locker By-Pass,

Follow Me, I'll Pull You Out...AFTER you pull me out......
Rausch Creek 2010 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Spring Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2012 Spring Run
Future Rausch Creek 2013 Spring Run June 22nd!

"There is no hunting, like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter." --Earnest Hemmingway--

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:23 pm

VA_Wagon Man wrote:Just ribbin' you old timers. I can say that without you guys, we would be missing some of the best experience, knowledge and advice. I enjoy hanging around you guys and learning all I can from you. I remember as a kid hanging out with my grandpap and all his friends at the garage.
There's nothing that can come close to your unselfish guidance to all of us. Thanks!:wink:

Plus I discovered which brand make the most comfortable slippers! LOL! :poke:

Oh---welcome to all our new members!
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:32 pm

AceMan wrote: Well said. Maybe add, "refined" to the description. But my wife doesn't think so. Sometimes she says I'm still am irresponsible and immature pain in the ass no matter how old I am. :cheers: :chug:
Yeah, like when I sent her the reciept today for another ARB snatch strap and two tree savers...

...and yes, I sent the bill to YOUR wife :mrgreen: :doh: :lol:
I'm just along for the ride...

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Cactus Red wrote:
AceMan wrote: Well said. Maybe add, "refined" to the description. But my wife doesn't think so. Sometimes she says I'm still am irresponsible and immature pain in the ass no matter how old I am. :cheers: :chug:
Yeah, like when I sent her the reciept today for another ARB snatch strap and two tree savers...

...and yes, I sent the bill to YOUR wife :mrgreen: :doh: :lol:
LOL!! She'll just throw the bill out like she does with the others. She doesn't discriminate. :D

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Image Image Image

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Throttle 8 wrote:
VA_Wagon Man wrote:Just ribbin' you old timers. I can say that without you guys, we would be missing some of the best experience, knowledge and advice. I enjoy hanging around you guys and learning all I can from you. I remember as a kid hanging out with my grandpap and all his friends at the garage.

Ahh, you mean Rusty's slippers. LOL!

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Hey, I learn off everyone, too, young and old. :D

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:12 pm

AceMan wrote:
Throttle 8 wrote:

Ahh, you mean Rusty's slippers. LOL!

:wink:
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 pm

I love the fact that the worst you ever see on here is us teasing each other about slippers. I lurked a couple times on the Pirate sight a few times-----never seen so many internet A-holes and tough talking losers in my life.
It is amazing on this site that such a wide variety of people, over such a large geographic area seem to have the exact same taste in so many areas of there life.

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 am

Throttle 8 wrote:I love the fact that the worst you ever see on here is us teasing each other about slippers. I lurked a couple times on the Pirate sight a few times-----never seen so many internet A-holes and tough talking losers in my life.
It is amazing on this site that such a wide variety of people, over such a large geographic area seem to have the exact same taste in so many areas of there life.
Well said! :winchmob: :cheers:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:05 pm

AceMan wrote:
Cactus Red wrote:
VA_Wagon Man wrote:...Most of these guys have been around the block a few times and I could probably call some of them Grandpa, but don't let their age or maturity scare you off. :D
Like a fine wine or a well aged whiskey, time does tent to mellow things, but it also makes them better than the unfiltered brassiness of youth. :mrgreen:
Well said. Maybe add, "refined" to the description. But my wife doesn't think so. Sometimes she says I'm still am irresponsible and immature pain in the ass no matter how old I am. :cheers: :chug:
I agree with your wife about you. Having first hand knowledge. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Throttle 8 wrote:

You like my slippers? :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:19 pm

RustyPW wrote:
Throttle 8 wrote:

I have the same brand!!!! Lol! After 12 hrs in a pair of workboots, they are my first move when I get home from work! :lol:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Throttle 8 wrote:
RustyPW wrote:

I have the same brand!!!! Lol! After 12 hrs in a pair of workboots, they are my first move when I get home from work! :lol:[/quote]
I know what you mean. After 12+ hrs in work boots. Almost anything feels better. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Ramicon

Post by Ramicon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:31 pm

I love this PW, and I just got my new tag; P-WGN in TEXAS..if I ever figure out how to post a photo I will....you all sound like a great group of guys..looking froward to off road-ing with you all.....there does seem to be a lot of new comers.....wish we could get a local even (breakfast or lunch event) huh? Dallas? anyone?

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 am

Newbies - welcome to the site. Awsome to have you.

Rusty... You still have those same slippers? Thats it! I think we need to set up a trust fund to keep you in decent slippers. All your money going into mods? :lol:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:07 am

whitey wrote:Newbies - welcome to the site. Awsome to have you.

Rusty... You still have those same slippers? Thats it! I think we need to set up a trust fund to keep you in decent slippers. All your money going into mods? :lol:
I have 2 pair of slippers. One pair for the basement and one pair for upstairs. :mrgreen:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Hemi46
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Hemi46 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 am

Hey ramicon I'm from Longview. It's about hour and half from y'all
05 Power Wagon
6" lift
true duells flowmaster 50 double in double out