Power Wagon vs. Rebel... Sibling rivalries???

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Power Wagon vs. Rebel... Sibling rivalries???

Post by adeluca73 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:48 am

Will wrote:As a matter of fact, call me and I'll buy you a beer over the damn phone if they'll take the payment!
:patriot:

Next time I'm TDY to Fl, I'll look you up Will!!
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Snowsled
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Snowsled » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:33 am

[quote="adeluca73']
Hey man, sure if you're not DD'ng it, can you buy a specialty rig like a MOG to do your weekend warrior duty or plow snow, I guess, but most folks here want a 'do it all' factory DD truck.[/quote]

Too bad the Power Wagon isn't that truck... It is shit on road and shit off road, where is the "do it all"?
But you "photo-bombed" aka "troll'd" this thread about the wannabe baby-wagon Rebel vs. the actual PW, and is an off-road 1500 light duty truck with some, or all the PW's capabilities worth it, if it was like $10K or so cheaper. The churning up the same crap about the "nannies" and how you got stranded pulling your 2-sled trailer up a snowy hill, or whatever it was the PW failed at, which you've been griping about is just not helpful anymore--there's been plenty of discussions, mainly fueled by you, about this. The responses have ALL been the same, we agree in principal we'd like more influence on the tranny, gear selection, and traction aids, but none of us, or nearly none of us, have had then same cataclysmic, unmitigated failures you've encountered, and we've all beseeched you in one way or another to maybe take the truck in to see if there's a issue, or just sell it and move on. To my knowledge you've done neither. Instead we're on here plowing more of the same ground and it's not productive.
Just as productive as all the crap you want to post in response, but somehow that is OK?
That coupled with the, "I've had a million vehicles and ride trails everyday", pseudo Johnson comparing just aggravates everyone else. If you've been paying attention on here man, there's MANY experienced off-roaders, engineers, and just all around bad-ass car people with PW's in this group, and I'm pretty sure whatever you've done, someone else on here's done it more, bigger, badder, faster, then broke it, and fixed it themselves...as for me...
Never said there wasn't a room full of experts. Too bad not one of you can figure out how to make the truck work properly. You all just accept the crap they sold you?

{quote]I'll just say I've been a Commander of a field operations unit in Alaska, which protects our entire Northern flank from the Chinese, Koreans, and Russians, equipped with a fleet of a 60+ vehicles, with an operations mission budget over $60M, who's boss reported directly to the National Security Council if we had any mission outage longer than 8hrs, with sites so remote the way in is by slingloading one of our vehicles under a Chinook, and airlifting in to the nearest flat spot, and we also routinely towed one of our custom built 8-sled trailers up unplowed snow covered mountain passes to drop the sleds closer to sights where we had to access down stations, or drag 500lb propane refueling bottles, with our modded Ford F350's or Dodge 2500's, equipped with chains, in 4LO, and we never had issues, nor did we need a Unimog. So I haven't owned 60 vehicles in my life, probably not even 20, but I've been exposed to a lot of vehicles, and have depended on them when a HELL of a lot more was on the line than can I drag my toys up the trail to go f'ng off on the weekend, sorry but you need to read the room better before assailing others.

:rant:[/quote]

Great, you have a government job. I am so happy for you... Not sure why that matters at all. I suppose you intend to fleece the taxpayers for your extensive retirement soon to huh? You earned it though right? LOL

Snowsled
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Snowsled » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:36 am

Hey man, sure if you're not DD'ng it, can you buy a specialty rig like a MOG to do your weekend warrior duty or plow snow, I guess, but most folks here want a 'do it all' factory DD truck.
Too bad the Power Wagon isn't that truck... It is shit on road and shit off road, where is the "do it all"?
But you "photo-bombed" aka "troll'd" this thread about the wannabe baby-wagon Rebel vs. the actual PW, and is an off-road 1500 light duty truck with some, or all the PW's capabilities worth it, if it was like $10K or so cheaper. The churning up the same crap about the "nannies" and how you got stranded pulling your 2-sled trailer up a snowy hill, or whatever it was the PW failed at, which you've been griping about is just not helpful anymore--there's been plenty of discussions, mainly fueled by you, about this. The responses have ALL been the same, we agree in principal we'd like more influence on the tranny, gear selection, and traction aids, but none of us, or nearly none of us, have had then same cataclysmic, unmitigated failures you've encountered, and we've all beseeched you in one way or another to maybe take the truck in to see if there's a issue, or just sell it and move on. To my knowledge you've done neither. Instead we're on here plowing more of the same ground and it's not productive.
Just as productive as all the crap you want to post in response, but somehow that is OK?
That coupled with the, "I've had a million vehicles and ride trails everyday", pseudo Johnson comparing just aggravates everyone else. If you've been paying attention on here man, there's MANY experienced off-roaders, engineers, and just all around bad-ass car people with PW's in this group, and I'm pretty sure whatever you've done, someone else on here's done it more, bigger, badder, faster, then broke it, and fixed it themselves...as for me...
Never said there wasn't a room full of experts. Too bad not one of you can figure out how to make the truck work properly. You all just accept the crap they sold you?
I'll just say I've been a Commander of a field operations unit in Alaska, which protects our entire Northern flank from the Chinese, Koreans, and Russians, equipped with a fleet of a 60+ vehicles, with an operations mission budget over $60M, who's boss reported directly to the National Security Council if we had any mission outage longer than 8hrs, with sites so remote the way in is by slingloading one of our vehicles under a Chinook, and airlifting in to the nearest flat spot, and we also routinely towed one of our custom built 8-sled trailers up unplowed snow covered mountain passes to drop the sleds closer to sights where we had to access down stations, or drag 500lb propane refueling bottles, with our modded Ford F350's or Dodge 2500's, equipped with chains, in 4LO, and we never had issues, nor did we need a Unimog. So I haven't owned 60 vehicles in my life, probably not even 20, but I've been exposed to a lot of vehicles, and have depended on them when a HELL of a lot more was on the line than can I drag my toys up the trail to go f'ng off on the weekend, sorry but you need to read the room better before assailing others.

:rant:
Great, you have a government job. I am so happy for you... Not sure why that matters at all. I suppose you intend to fleece the taxpayers for your extensive retirement soon to huh? You earned it though right? LOL

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by verdesardog » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:12 am

Fleece the taxpayers for military retirement???? GET REAL!
Have you done 20 years in the US Navy or any military service?
Freedom is NOT FREE, the retirement does not make up for missing most of my children's growing up years or the many, many months away from my lovely wife.
You don't like your PW, get a different truck and move on, quit bitchin, s**t or get off the pot.
I have a CTD and love it. Sure it's got some quirks but so do all other vehicles.
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:14 am

Snowsled that's enough. You've gone from bitching and complaining to directly insulting us and our trucks. It's not appreciated or wanted in any way. Take a hike snowsled. Go get yourself whatever you feel you need to make you happy.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:24 am

nfb
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by nfb » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 am

Hey Sled, here's a little life lesson for you.
Attachments
kz7jEMA.jpg
2015 True Blue
Bone Stock...for now

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:40 am

Last edited by Phantom on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rbpowerwagon
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by rbpowerwagon » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:51 am

Snowsled. You sir are an asshole!
Attachments
image.png
2011 Power Wagon.
Thuren 3" diesel coils, Thuren swaybar, Thuren trackbar, Thuren Fox 2.0 resi shocks, Thuren LT Leafs, Carli chromoly control arms, Carli stabilizer. Bullydog with Hemifever tune, Moes 87mm TB, Corsa DB exhaust, Oil catch can, PIAA fog lights on KC light bar, Carli rock crusher guard, Boogie bumps, Aux switch bank. More stuff to come if my wife allows it!

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Hey Snow'd,

That's the beauty of this country, I've agreed to equally defend both the righteous & the misguided, & despite how ridiculous you've been, I defend your right to utter vitriolic absurdities, but you sir are certifiably bat-shit crazy.
:cheers:
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>