Power Wagon vs. Rebel... Sibling rivalries???

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Power Wagon vs. Rebel... Sibling rivalries???

Post by olyelr » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:43 am

Wirebrush wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:I find the "half ton" comments amusing. Simple numbers for simple people, as they say.
You guys are completely missing the point, and your response is to belittle me? What a great place this is :roll:

I pointed out the fact that the PW is really only a half ton in response to the previous poster who said if they made a half ton Power Wagon he would buy it.

My point was that I don't understand why anyone would want a 1500 version of a Power Wagon with weak drivetrain, brakes, steering components, etc.

It is a fact that the Tacoma and the Ram 1500 have greater payload capacities. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it. It doesn't bother me in the least, in fact I like it, because I don't like having the harsh ride and poor articulation that comes with typical 3/4 ton payload capacities as I stated before, but was not included in the quote.
My comment was surely not to knock you at all. Hope it didnt come across as such. I actually agree with 99.8% of what you are stating.... Just not the half ton part. The truck is a 3/4 ton through and through, but with a low payload. That dosnt turn it into a half ton. Thats all i was saying.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Wirebrush wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:I find the "half ton" comments amusing. Simple numbers for simple people, as they say.
You guys are completely missing the point, and your response is to belittle me? What a great place this is :roll:

I pointed out the fact that the PW is really only a half ton in response to the previous poster who said if they made a half ton Power Wagon he would buy it.

My point was that I don't understand why anyone would want a 1500 version of a Power Wagon with weak drivetrain, brakes, steering components, etc.

It is a fact that the Tacoma and the Ram 1500 have greater payload capacities. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it. It doesn't bother me in the least, in fact I like it, because I don't like having the harsh ride and poor articulation that comes with typical 3/4 ton payload capacities as I stated before, but was not included in the quote.

Snowsled
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Snowsled » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:21 am

TheDirtRoad wrote:Damn Snowsled you like to get this forum wound up. I too would love to see videos. If you have owned over 60 vehicles in 30+ years of driving it sounds to me that no vehicle makes you happy. And you have been running vehicles with lockers for over 2 decades how many of them were "FACTORY" ? The PW is the most capable "Factory" "off road" truck. You complain that is a piece of shit but you have yet to tell us with all of your experience what is the best "Factory" "off road" truck. Does it carry a heavy load? It can but that isn't what it was designed for. Does it haul extremely heavy loads? It can but that isn't what it was designed for. We leave that to the Diesel boys to argue about. Does it haul ass across the desert ( well it can ) but that is for the Raptor boys. That isn't what it was designed for. Since you are the only smart one on this forum please educate all of us that wasted $1000.00's of dollars on the most capable "Factory" "off road truck" so we can sell ours also and get one better. I would tell you how the PW outshines all other "factory" trucks in the country I use mine in but I feel that would be a waste of time. By the way I am only 7 minutes from trails.

ALL of the vehicles I have owned with lockers were factory. Mercedes Benz Unimog and G-class. I bought a Rubicon Unlimited for my wife when they first came out too.

Videos to come....

I have a Toyota challenge coming up this summer too hopefully. I riled the guys up at work, money says I can find obstacles the PW will walk right up that their Toyotas can't. Like taking candy from a baby.

The truck is pretty capable, it just could have been sooooo much better.

I plan to replace the PW with something much more HD. It will make me some money moving snow etc. Definitely not for everybody but will suit my needs just fine. Full factory lockers included, the Unimog by MB. Fully mechanical, zero electronics controlling the engine, transmission, brakes, throttle... It will barely do 60 mph, the interior is mostly painted metal and no AC.

If they would provide a shut off for ALL driver aids, including forcing the electronic throttle to run in a linear mode, you might get me excited about the Power wagon again. If you trust this truck in the bush, you must be pretty ignorant. It would take one minor electronic failure to strand you. The new PW has a thousand of those failure points.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Snowsled wrote:
If they would provide a shut off for ALL driver aids, including forcing the electronic throttle to run in a linear mode, you might get me excited about the Power wagon again. ...
My '12 Rubicon had most of the same bullshit nannies that these trucks have (well, ALL new vehicles have - period) which I completely disabled all of them with a single switch. All I had to do was cut one single wire and put a switch on it. I am going to start looking into this for my truck. I would love to be able to do the same thing. That switch made that Jeep so much better.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:59 pm

TruckBoatTruck wrote:Sled dude your like listening to a chick that just went to the hair dresser and didn't like how it came out. We get it man, your truck is evil and doesn't listen to you, just like us. Go and get yourself a Unimog and just end this already.

I can't wait to watch these videos honestly, hopefully the trucks "crazy" transmission just keeps driving up one of your obstacles and flips your truck so you can finally end this hell your living in and make insurance get you another truck.

Ha, you said UniMog !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0O34CERAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v78MZBygnSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRtDPrZZj20

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

dodgeman324
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by dodgeman324 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Oooooh, I SOOO wish there was a track like that shown in the third video close to me so I can take my PW to it daily. If I had the land, I'd build it.
Brandon T. - HollyFrontier / US Army Reserves - 13+ years combined Active and Reserves with 1 tour to Iraq in 2009.
2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 Quad Cab, with lots of upgrades = 600+whp/650+wtq.
2012 Chrysler Town and Country Limited, Pentastar V6, Dual DVD.

Former Vehicles:
2005 Dodge Ram PowerWagon, lots of upgrades.
2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 4.7L, White, Black wheels, K&N CAI, 70mm Throttle body, Superships, E-Fan conversion, LED Tails/3rd Brake, HID's
2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet, Red, Sirius, Push button start, Pentastar.
2007 Dodge Powerwagon, 35inch Nitto's, AEM ColdAir, Flowmaster 40 (Oh I will miss you sooooooo much and I will buy you again when times are right)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, QuadraDrive II, 2 inch lift, 31inch offroad tires. (Will also miss you too, I'll miss all the times a guy in a Wrangler says "You can't do this in THAT!" and then I do it without problems)
2004 Dodge Durango Crew Cab, 4X2, Rhinoliner, K&N Airfilter.
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Kenne Bell Supercharger Kit, Custom Headers, Borla exhaust, 508rwhp.
1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
1994 Dodge Ram Regular Cab (my first vehicle, besides the hand me down 1988 Ford Ranger)

Married 13 year, Father to Braden (9 yrs) and Mia (5 yrs).

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:58 am

Snowsled wrote:
TheDirtRoad wrote:Damn Snowsled you like to get this forum wound up. I too would love to see videos. If you have owned over 60 vehicles in 30+ years of driving it sounds to me that no vehicle makes you happy. And you have been running vehicles with lockers for over 2 decades how many of them were "FACTORY" ? The PW is the most capable "Factory" "off road" truck. You complain that is a piece of shit but you have yet to tell us with all of your experience what is the best "Factory" "off road" truck. Does it carry a heavy load? It can but that isn't what it was designed for. Does it haul extremely heavy loads? It can but that isn't what it was designed for. We leave that to the Diesel boys to argue about. Does it haul ass across the desert ( well it can ) but that is for the Raptor boys. That isn't what it was designed for. Since you are the only smart one on this forum please educate all of us that wasted $1000.00's of dollars on the most capable "Factory" "off road truck" so we can sell ours also and get one better. I would tell you how the PW outshines all other "factory" trucks in the country I use mine in but I feel that would be a waste of time. By the way I am only 7 minutes from trails.

ALL of the vehicles I have owned with lockers were factory. Mercedes Benz Unimog and G-class. I bought a Rubicon Unlimited for my wife when they first came out too.

Videos to come....

I have a Toyota challenge coming up this summer too hopefully. I riled the guys up at work, money says I can find obstacles the PW will walk right up that their Toyotas can't. Like taking candy from a baby.

I plan to replace the PW with something much more HD. It will make me some money moving snow etc. Definitely not for everybody but will suit my needs just fine. Full factory lockers included, the Unimog by MB. Fully mechanical, zero electronics controlling the engine, transmission, brakes, throttle... It will barely do 60 mph, the interior is mostly painted metal and no AC.

If they would provide a shut off for ALL driver aids, including forcing the electronic throttle to run in a linear mode, you might get me excited about the Power wagon again. If you trust this truck in the bush, you must be pretty ignorant. It would take one minor electronic failure to strand you. The new PW has a thousand of those failure points.
Unimog, figures. That's practical & affordable for most :doh: well shit, if we're gonna just pick any vehicle to make the PW look like shit, why not get a 6-wheel drive, flotation capable, APV? So ridiculous. 60+ vehicles...unless you own a motor pool...uh, bullshit--or you're just a rich snob that must not know much about anything, and instead of learning the weapon system and becoming a proficient operator in it, you just buy your way from one vehicle to the next. Enjoy the spartan tin box Unimog, don't forget your headphones so you can listen to your iPod on the road :roll:
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by Will » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:44 am

It's amazing this thread is still going, not only was it not comparing apples to apples, now it's and entire damn bowl of fruit. :lol: :lol:
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

Snowsled
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Snowsled » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:27 am

adeluca73 wrote:
Snowsled wrote:

Videos to come....

Unimog, figures. That's practical & affordable for most :doh: well shit, if we're gonna just pick any vehicle to make the PW look like shit, why not get a 6-wheel drive, flotation capable, APV? So ridiculous. 60+ vehicles...unless you own a motor pool...uh, bullshit--or you're just a rich snob that must not know much about anything, and instead of learning the weapon system and becoming a proficient operator in it, you just buy your way from one vehicle to the next. Enjoy the spartan tin box Unimog, don't forget your headphones so you can listen to your iPod on the road :roll:
The Unimog trucks I am looking at cost less than my new Power wagon did, as much as 10 grand less. I can make you a list of the vehicles I have owned if you would like. I do not personally care if you believe it or not. If I was a rich snob that just doesn't know much about anything why would I be bothering with you? Or bothering with a tradesman Power Wagon? I have become pretty proficient with the systems on the truck. Unfortunately being a computerized system that has some learning capability means it is not predictable enough to get consistent results with.

I love vehicles. I used to maintain a fleet so I had a different one for each day of the week. Sorry if that pisses you off somehow. I don't maintain that kind of lifestyle anymore. I have a use for the Mog and don't think I will have any problem with the Spartan interior. I would have had a rubber floor in the PW if it was my order. It will make enough money to pay for itself the first winter. It will easily handle my transportation and play needs for a couple of years. Since it is self supporting I can add a third vehicle within the current budget, or maybe add a second Mog and start a business.

I am seriously disappointed Ram could not offer a decent nanny defeat switch and a manual transmission, or at least an auto that works. As it is, it is compromised. I know you see it differently but I am not keeping it. It isn't a lemon, just overwrought with poorly integrated safety controls. I get that they are mandated by the govt but some manufacturers do a LOT better in my experience.

TruckBoatTruck

Post by TruckBoatTruck » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:27 pm

Will wrote:It's amazing this thread is still going, not only was it not comparing apples to apples, now it's and entire damn bowl of fruit. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm

I believe the proper term for this thread is "Dumpster Fire".

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:52 pm

:D

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Snowsled wrote:
I am seriously disappointed Ram could not offer a decent nanny defeat switch and a manual transmission, or at least an auto that works.
Besides a used Unimog, where would you go to get any of that in a full size truck?

You seem confused, to put it kindly.

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:45 pm

New needs to be compared with new and likewise with used. I'm happy with my truck, the heaviest end of hauling was my Bridgeport and an entire pallet of bagged cement. Daily drive the truck. Sofar, preforms to what I expected it to. And well, the truck gets its use.

All I'm hearing is a lemon argument. I bought a marker and I can't believe I can't paint an entire wall with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Hey, don't blame me, I'm not the one that said "UniMog" first !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, i gotta say, I see both sides here. If i had the 545RFE in my PW, or even the newest 6 speed auto, I would NOT be happy pulling HD loads. THERE IS NO F-ING REASON FOR ANY AUTO TRANSMISSION TO HAVE 2 OVERDRIVES--------------------------PERIOD. IT IS JUST STUPID, unless you are sporting the Lo-Lo-Lo of the UNIMOG's 350:1 gear ratios, in their 21 speed.

IF RAM MADE A 6-SPEED AUTO W/THE G-56'S GEAR RATIO'S THEY WOULD SELL MANY MORE TRUCKS BECAUSE IT WOULD ACTUALLY WORK DOING HD STUFF.

Every year @ campgrounds, I see CTD's, Duramax's & fords diesels, pulling 5-6000lb campers. There is simply no reason to have a diesel to pull that little of weight. If you want one, then fine, this is America & we can do that, but the reason many have them is because the transmission gear ratios are all wrong for a gasser doing HD work. At least 50% of the people i see & talk to at campgrounds say, they really don't want a diesel but the gassers are geared all wrong for HD work.

The Power Wagon is a unique niche vehicle. A "Jack-of-all-trades" but Master of 1.....that 1 being "rock-crawling". But it is also fairly easy to modify it to do specifically what ever you want. Don't like the wheel hop/axle wrap in sand or snow---BAM stiffer springs & coils should solve that, want to tow heavy---BAM stiffer rear springs/coils should solve that, want to go fast---BAM new susp & shocks & bumps should solve that. IMHO, it is still the best bang for your buck truck. It is also the best platform to start with if you want to make it do something specific. In a perfect world, it would do everything well, right from the factory. But sadly, we all know that just ain't the way it is. IMHO, they should NOT have went to 4.10's & they should NOT have done away w/g-56 6-speed manual. But what do i know, I just use my truck, like a truck. I think that axle gear ratio's should still be a choice. For the PW, 4.10's, 4.56's, 4.88's & 5.13's should be options if ordering our trucks. That way, if you were a farmer or were going to put a big lift & 40's on it, you would NOT have to re-gear. Just 1 less expensive procedure to do/have done on your new $60k truck, after you get it.

Snowsled
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Snowsled » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 am

Reloaderguy wrote:
Snowsled wrote:
I am seriously disappointed Ram could not offer a decent nanny defeat switch and a manual transmission, or at least an auto that works.
Besides a used Unimog, where would you go to get any of that in a full size truck?

No, I have a plan. The PW should have fit into it. I dislike explaining it because folks on Dodge forums usually get all squirrelly when Mercedes rigs come up. I will sell the PW and a G500 will replace it for ~15mpg passenger duties. It will go more places but I lose the truck bed. The Mog will be the truck when I need a truck and the little GTI stays for gas mileage needs. I was trying the PW for a multi role spot but it isn't heavy enough for what I want to do with my truck. It also fails in the 4wd car mode just due to size. The safety features and auto trans just kill it for me. I will have an auto in the G500 but it is much better programmed and I will specifically find a 2000 model to avoid all of the electronic stability controls. Turns out there isn't a new truck I want. I will go to the older trucks, made to be serviced forever.

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 am

Snowsled I've been on your side about the electronic issues from day one. But I'm tired of hearing you bash a truck and do nothing but bitch and complain because you're not happy. Nobody here cares anymore. Nobody cares if you want a Mercedes. In fact many of us find the idea of the unimog pretty bad ass. I had an 06 powerwagon and had absolutely none of the issues you have run in to. I would happily have taken that truck to be end of the earth and back and put my life on its abilities and capabilities.
Now I'm seeing You're the kind of person who just can't be satisfied no matter what we try to say or do to help and frankly I'm tired of your bitching and whining about how the truck just doesn't work for you. We get it. Now just fuck off.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

nfb
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by nfb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:49 am

:popcorn:
I'm loving this thread.lol. Sled, you seem like the kind of dude who gets a free meal then complains that it isn't served on the right plate. That being said, when you get that Mog, hit me up so I can take it for a spin. :cheers:
2015 True Blue
Bone Stock...for now

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:14 am

phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Snowsled wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:
Snowsled wrote:

No, I have a plan. The PW should have fit into it. I dislike explaining it because folks on Dodge forums usually get all squirrelly when Mercedes rigs come up. I will sell the PW and a G500 will replace it for ~15mpg passenger duties. It will go more places but I lose the truck bed. The Mog will be the truck when I need a truck and the little GTI stays for gas mileage needs. I was trying the PW for a multi role spot but it isn't heavy enough for what I want to do with my truck. It also fails in the 4wd car mode just due to size. The safety features and auto trans just kill it for me. I will have an auto in the G500 but it is much better programmed and I will specifically find a 2000 model to avoid all of the electronic stability controls. Turns out there isn't a new truck I want. I will go to the older trucks, made to be serviced forever.
Hey man, sure if you're not DD'ng it, can you buy a specialty rig like a MOG to do your weekend warrior duty or plow snow, I guess, but most folks here want a 'do it all' factory DD truck. But you "photo-bombed" aka "troll'd" this thread about the wannabe baby-wagon Rebel vs. the actual PW, and is an off-road 1500 light duty truck with some, or all the PW's capabilities worth it, if it was like $10K or so cheaper. The churning up the same crap about the "nannies" and how you got stranded pulling your 2-sled trailer up a snowy hill, or whatever it was the PW failed at, which you've been griping about is just not helpful anymore--there's been plenty of discussions, mainly fueled by you, about this. The responses have ALL been the same, we agree in principal we'd like more influence on the tranny, gear selection, and traction aids, but none of us, or nearly none of us, have had then same cataclysmic, unmitigated failures you've encountered, and we've all beseeched you in one way or another to maybe take the truck in to see if there's a issue, or just sell it and move on. To my knowledge you've done neither. Instead we're on here plowing more of the same ground and it's not productive.

That coupled with the, "I've had a million vehicles and ride trails everyday", pseudo Johnson comparing just aggravates everyone else. If you've been paying attention on here man, there's MANY experienced off-roaders, engineers, and just all around bad-ass car people with PW's in this group, and I'm pretty sure whatever you've done, someone else on here's done it more, bigger, badder, faster, then broke it, and fixed it themselves...as for me...

I'll just say I've been a Commander of a field operations unit in Alaska, which protects our entire Northern flank from the Chinese, Koreans, and Russians, equipped with a fleet of a 60+ vehicles, with an operations mission budget over $60M, who's boss reported directly to the National Security Council if we had any mission outage longer than 8hrs, with sites so remote the way in is by slingloading one of our vehicles under a Chinook, and airlifting in to the nearest flat spot, and we also routinely towed one of our custom built 8-sled trailers up unplowed snow covered mountain passes to drop the sleds closer to sights where we had to access down stations, or drag 500lb propane refueling bottles, with our modded Ford F350's or Dodge 2500's, equipped with chains, in 4LO, and we never had issues, nor did we need a Unimog. So I haven't owned 60 vehicles in my life, probably not even 20, but I've been exposed to a lot of vehicles, and have depended on them when a HELL of a lot more was on the line than can I drag my toys up the trail to go f'ng off on the weekend, sorry but you need to read the room better before assailing others.

:rant:
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:58 pm

[OK HAND SIGN]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

nfb
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by nfb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Me reading Adeluca's post:

:shock:
:jawdrop:
:rockon:
:notworthy:

Thanks for saying what we're all thinking Sir.
2015 True Blue
Bone Stock...for now

loveracing1988
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by loveracing1988 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 pm

adeluca73 wrote:
Snowsled wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote: Besides a used Unimog, where would you go to get any of that in a full size truck?

Hey man, sure if you're not DD'ng it, can you buy a specialty rig like a MOG to do your weekend warrior duty or plow snow, I guess, but most folks here want a 'do it all' factory DD truck. But you "photo-bombed" aka "troll'd" this thread about the wannabe baby-wagon Rebel vs. the actual PW, and is an off-road 1500 light duty truck with some, or all the PW's capabilities worth it, if it was like $10K or so cheaper. The churning up the same crap about the "nannies" and how you got stranded pulling your 2-sled trailer up a snowy hill, or whatever it was the PW failed at, which you've been griping about is just not helpful anymore--there's been plenty of discussions, mainly fueled by you, about this. The responses have ALL been the same, we agree in principal we'd like more influence on the tranny, gear selection, and traction aids, but none of us, or nearly none of us, have had then same cataclysmic, unmitigated failures you've encountered, and we've all beseeched you in one way or another to maybe take the truck in to see if there's a issue, or just sell it and move on. To my knowledge you've done neither. Instead we're on here plowing more of the same ground and it's not productive.

That coupled with the, "I've had a million vehicles and ride trails everyday", pseudo Johnson comparing just aggravates everyone else. If you've been paying attention on here man, there's MANY experienced off-roaders, engineers, and just all around bad-ass car people with PW's in this group, and I'm pretty sure whatever you've done, someone else on here's done it more, bigger, badder, faster, then broke it, and fixed it themselves...as for me...

I'll just say I've been a Commander of a field operations unit in Alaska, which protects our entire Northern flank from the Chinese, Koreans, and Russians, equipped with a fleet of a 60+ vehicles, with an operations mission budget over $60M, who's boss reported directly to the National Security Council if we had any mission outage longer than 8hrs, with sites so remote the way in is by slingloading one of our vehicles under a Chinook, and airlifting in to the nearest flat spot, and we also routinely towed one of our custom built 8-sled trailers up unplowed snow covered mountain passes to drop the sleds closer to sights where we had to access down stations, or drag 500lb propane refueling bottles, with our modded Ford F350's or Dodge 2500's, equipped with chains, in 4LO, and we never had issues, nor did we need a Unimog. So I haven't owned 60 vehicles in my life, probably not even 20, but I've been exposed to a lot of vehicles, and have depended on them when a HELL of a lot more was on the line than can I drag my toys up the trail to go f'ng off on the weekend, sorry but you need to read the room better before assailing others.

Mic.
Drop.

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Will » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:51 pm

loveracing1988 wrote:
adeluca73 wrote:
Snowsled wrote:

Mic.
Drop.
That's exactly what I was thinking, if I was snowego, I'd be hidden licking my wounds! Fucker needs to go somewhere else... good folk up in here, ain't nobody got time for that shit. Haha
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Will » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:11 pm

As a matter of fact, call me and I'll buy you a beer over the damn phone if they'll take the payment!