Nav Updating RHB radio 2013

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Nav Updating RHB radio 2013

Post by RustyPW » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Give you guys some tips. I have a 2013 Grand Cherokee with the RHB radio. I just up-dated the nav in it. What a PITA!!!! If any of you have this radio, listen up. I ordered the up-date on-line. Got it in the mail. Downloaded the software update. No problem. Go to download the map update. It wouldn't finish the download. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Found out that you have to shut the radio off, and still keep the nav on. Nothing in the instructions about this. If you don't shut off the radio. It will never finish the down load for the map. Trying to figure out how to shut the radio off and keep the nav on is a PITA, and a mystery. Also, it will clean out any locations you have saved. :( So write down those places you want to save. Took me 3 days to finish this mess.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded: