"Welcome Thread"

Newbie Corner: New Members Must Post 1 post in this forum FIRST before posting elsewhere. This is a chance to let everyone know who you are, info about your wagon, etc.
RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

"Welcome Thread"

Post by RustyPW » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:22 pm

With all the new members joining. We need a "Welcome Thread". So for all the new members. Please post up anything you would like to tell us. Like where are you from. What you drive. Plans with it. How much money you are willing to give to us for your mods, etc

And would someone sticky this please. DONE - Cactus Red Thank you! :mrgreen:

:winchmob:
Last edited by RustyPW on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

yagovomaltmoor
Model Year: 2014

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by yagovomaltmoor » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 am

The new Wagon after a dusting. Already has 1k miles in 9 days. No issues - everything works great. Added a Factor55 link for closed winching system. Aluminess sliders going on this week. Would like to add the fold out underseat platform to the backseat; can get it from Mopar? Otherwise a bumper to protect the front and maybe, maybe, the Decked rear storage system (though I'll probably build my own again). Bought the Wagon to have room for baby on the way, forest service roads and trail duties, Western trips and hauling the occasional heavy load.

We live in NW Michigan. Spend a lot of time banging around forest two-tracks looking for game with my Deutsch Drahthaars. Current rig is a '11 Chevy Silverado regular cab. It's served well as a hunting truck after she got new Cooper shoes. Been back and worth from here to NoDak and Montana several times. Plus the back-of-beyond in the UP on jeep trails that I shouldn't have been attempting. She's a little beat up but still solid. I'll be keeping her as a backup truck and hunting rig.

My two favorite knuckleheads and hunting buddies.

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Welcome to the family. Nice truck and dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

joemac

Post by joemac » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Hello,

I just bought a shiny new 2015 Power Wagon. I live in VA, but the military moves me every couple of years....

I traded up from a Ram 1500 and a Jeep Wrangler. I can't wait to really start using the Power Wagon. The snow we have been getting is just not enough. I also want to start modding/accessorizing the PW. I have a list started, but like a lot of the ideas on this page.

Nice to meet you. :)

Joe

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Welcome you two! I hope we can all find ways to spend your hard earned money :D
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

Jnallison
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Jnallison » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:01 pm

IMG_0714.JPG
Just joined. Love my new PW. Its a 2014 already did a couple small mods, leveled, wheels and some 35" tires, running boards and a tonneau cover. Swapped to the BFG KM2 muds. Always have had good luck with them. I have wanted a power wagon for years and finally decided they built it the way I wanted it (bigger motor, suspension improvements) so now is as good as any time to have one. I have owned a few new Rams and really like them. Mine is used as a tow vehicle for our camper and any other stuff put on the flatbed plus doing the wheeling I love. I have always been into the K5 blazers and built up 3 different ones. Still have one but wanted the "all in one" package and capability of the PW. I have never been so excited about a truck until now. I live close to Moab and lots of family and friends that live there so I am kind of a regular whether its been on a dirt bike or the blazers. A good friend there owns the local shop for building buggies so I've ran the hardcore and just cruised, love it there. I'm also close to the mountains in CO and truly love being there as much, in the dirt, in 4 lo, cruising. I would like to post a pic of the truck but have no clue how to do. Im kind of computer illiterate. I tried adding a file but not sure it will work. lol
2014 SLT, 35" BFG KM2 on Worx wheels 17x9, leveled 2.5", 1" Traxxda in the rear, toneaumax cover, AEM drop in filter, swing cases, purple cranuim diff covers, custom sliders,

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Jnallison wrote:
IMG_0714.JPG
Just joined. Love my new PW. Its a 2014 already did a couple small mods, leveled, wheels and some 35" tires, running boards and a tonneau cover. Swapped to the BFG KM2 muds. Always have had good luck with them. I have wanted a power wagon for years and finally decided they built it the way I wanted it (bigger motor, suspension improvements) so now is as good as any time to have one. I have owned a few new Rams and really like them. Mine is used as a tow vehicle for our camper and any other stuff put on the flatbed plus doing the wheeling I love. I have always been into the K5 blazers and built up 3 different ones. Still have one but wanted the "all in one" package and capability of the PW. I have never been so excited about a truck until now. I live close to Moab and lots of family and friends that live there so I am kind of a regular whether its been on a dirt bike or the blazers. A good friend there owns the local shop for building buggies so I've ran the hardcore and just cruised, love it there. I'm also close to the mountains in CO and truly love being there as much, in the dirt, in 4 lo, cruising. I would like to post a pic of the truck but have no clue how to do. Im kind of computer illiterate. I tried adding a file but not sure it will work. lol
Welcome! The pic posted just fine. What are your plans end of April~first week in May? A bunch of us are meeting up in Moab for our annual GTG aka PWIM.
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

Jnallison
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Jnallison » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:08 pm

I read about that earlier. Unfortunately, my wife has finals that week so if I got away it would only be for the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd. I'm gonna continue to work on her but I don't want to commit yet. We had talked about heading over in April just to get away anyway. Believe me, I want to be there.Its only a 2.5 hr drive for me.
2014 SLT, 35" BFG KM2 on Worx wheels 17x9, leveled 2.5", 1" Traxxda in the rear, toneaumax cover, AEM drop in filter, swing cases, purple cranuim diff covers, custom sliders,

Backwoods
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Backwoods » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:43 am

Hey all! Been reading a bit, finally got signed up. New Power Wagon owner from Calgary, Alberta. 2015 SLT. I'll be hanging around in the other threads once I get the truck and figure out whats first! ;)

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by TommyG » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 am

We joined the party in September. I have been a Toyota guy forever. Had the frame rust issues with my Tundra and the new Tundras were not doing anything for me. I was all set to buy another Tacoma and my wife stepped in and wanted a full size truck. A Power Wagon had always been on my vehicle bucket list. I went and and got numbers on mine mostly to prove to her that the Taco was a good choice. They were far better than I would have guessed and the boss said we should get the big one. The big beast followed me home a few days later. Reason number, I've lost count, why I married the right lady.

Couldn't be happier with the truck. I actually get a stupid grin on my face every morning when I jump in it to leave the house. My five year old lines all of his friends up at the window of the pre-school to see daddy's cool truck.

This site has been a huge help with info about my truck already and I am grateful to be able to visit. I live in Central PA and am looking forward to meeting some of you at Raush Creek this year.

Pics from the week we got the truck. Air dam silliness and factory side steps had to go:
PW in Barn.jpg
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

Graveltravels
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Graveltravels » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:47 am

Backwoods wrote:Hey all! Been reading a bit, finally got signed up. New Power Wagon owner from Calgary, Alberta. 2015 SLT. I'll be hanging around in the other threads once I get the truck and figure out whats first! ;)
Welcome!! I'm outta Red Deer, there's quite a few of us on here. Check out the get together section! Hope to meet up with you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:23 pm

yagovomaltmoor wrote: We live in NW Michigan.
Northwest lower? Where abouts? I am located in Kewadin/Elk Rapids area, just north of Traverse City.

Nice looking truck you have there!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

yagovomaltmoor

Post by yagovomaltmoor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:54 am

olyelr wrote: Northwest lower? Where abouts? I am located in Kewadin/Elk Rapids area, just north of Traverse City.

Nice looking truck you have there!
Thanks! We're in Lake Ann just west of TC in Benzie county. Not far at all... Ordered locally through Bill Marsh

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:09 pm

No kidding?!!!!

The wife and i have bought out last several cars from them. Good guys. But i bet they dont no sheit about a power wagon! Thats a tradesman,rght?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

LumberZach
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by LumberZach » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Just joined the forum, been looking at Power Wagons for a while and ordered one a few weeks ago. I am really excited to get it. Live in Minnesota, and it is definitely overkill for what I do, but I am hoping to get into a bit more off-roading once I get it. Of course, there doesn't really seem to be a lot of that available in my area so I will have to see what I can get. I am excited to learn a thing or two from you guys!

LumberZach
50_Posts
50_Posts

"Welcome Thread"

Post by LumberZach » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

I guess my first attempt at posting this was unsuccessful, so lets try again... Oh, I understand now. I have been looking at Power Wagons for a while, and I finally ended up ordering one a few weeks ago. I am very excited to see it arrive, these are really cool trucks. I look forward to learning more with you guys on here, so far looking around this seems to be the place to be! I am from Minnesota, and so far I have seen exactly two other PW's in Minnesota ever. I know it is an overkill truck for what I do, but it sure is cool :D hopefully I will do more off-roading once I have it, but there aren't many clubs or trails near me so we will see what we can do about this.
What I ordered - 2015 PW Tradesman, almost fully loaded with tradesman options(backup cam, big alternator, etc.) Regular White color with badging delete.
Upgrades list: Definitely a longer term process than most of you guys ha but,
I am considering putting the raised letters for POWER WAGON on the tailgate like the older trucks, the stickers just don't do it for me though.
CB radio-deciding if I should take my current fleet farm special out of the current truck to move it into the PW, or if I should get a better one.
Tool Box (already have in current truck)
Some form of steel bumpers and hopefully rock sliders
Additional lights
Headache rack or something similar
Eventually better tires
Putting off any exhaust options for now, maybe once there are a few miles on the truck...
The usual...

PittMan
Model Year: 2007

Post by PittMan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Gentlemen,
I'm from Hot Springs National Park Arkansas. My Power Wagon is a 2007 and I've had it since 2008. It's just the last of a long list of PWs I've owned that included a 1949, 1951, two 1953s, a 1964, 1965, and two 1967s. (all flat fenders)
So far I've kept it "box stock".... until now. I'm sending it to Little Rock next week to have it LineX coated. And with that upgrade I have decided to consider additional upgrades.
I'm looking forward to the knowledge I can glean from all of you!

PittMan
David Pittman
2007 PW

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:03 am

Pittman, welcome to the forum. :mrgreen: Keep us posted on your up-grades.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:35 am

Welcome, Sir. Happy to have you in the club.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 am

Welcome to the group! :cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Welcome all new guys!! Congrats on the new 14/15's!! Now warm up those credit cards, cause they're about to get worn out! :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Graveltravels
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Graveltravels » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:15 am

^^^^^^He's telling the truth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jersey1880
Model Year: 2006

Post by jersey1880 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Hey everybody, my name is Joe from Michigan. I just picked up my first PW, it's a 2006. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and I am very happy with it. I plan to keep it stock for the most part, with some minor additions such as rhino lining the wheel wells to prevent the quarter panels from rotting, synthetic winch rope, tonneau cover, etc. Also needs a few small things, like new hood dampers, new front diff pinion seal, etc.

Already tried it out this weekend at a nearby ORV park and this thing conquered everything that was in its way (and I recovered a Jeep that tried to follow me).

One question: does anyone know where the pcv is located on this thing? Usually on most cars they are easy to trace and locate but I've had crap for luck so far. Hope to learn more about these awesome trucks!

2006 Power Wagon
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Auto trans
33" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's
Locker Bypass

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:53 am

Welcome to the forum. There is no pcv valve on the 3G Hemi's.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:16 am

RustyPW wrote:Welcome to the forum. There is no pcv valve on the 3G Hemi's.
B.S. It's there. It's integrated in the intake manifold, in the back on the passenger side. It's a bitch to get to and even more so to remove if it's a factory one as the "O" ring makes it difficult to twist it out. When I get a chance I'll snap a few pics of it. FWI, it's not cheap.
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D