"Welcome Thread"

Newbie Corner: New Members Must Post 1 post in this forum FIRST before posting elsewhere. This is a chance to let everyone know who you are, info about your wagon, etc.
Jarheadrule
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:18 pm
Model Year: 2012
Location: Hickory NC

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by Jarheadrule » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:28 pm

RustyPW wrote:
Jarheadrule wrote:FNG here from NC. Bought a brand new 2012 PW back in the day and only has 58k on it now. Found this site after going to I guess what is now the old location. Getting ready to start Mods on mine such as new running boards, bumpers and possible bed bar. Looking forward to conversing with fellow owners about best mods for the money.
Welcome to the forum. Hide your wallet. Mods can get :cash: . Be careful of going down that rabbit hole. :lol:
Oh RustyPW I have already got the list of items I wanna do I just need to see or hear from others about what's the best options out there. Been looking at a lot of the Go Rhino products and some better wheel to wheel step ups for wife and kids to us getting into the thing. Gonna go mild cause I really like it the way it is. Will post pics once I get back home from my job at Shaw.

AK-PW17
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by AK-PW17 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 am

Greetings!

I've been a guest on this site for a while now. I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 RAM Power Wagon! I'm going to pick her up on Tuesday. I'd love to give the new PW 6.4 Hemi some rumble, 35's, and lightning upgrades.

Oh and delete those factory sidesteps.
Attachments
IMG_8637.PNG
2017 RAM Power Wagon
Delmonico Red


User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3032
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by olyelr » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 pm

AK-PW17 wrote:Greetings!

I've been a guest on this site for a while now. I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 RAM Power Wagon! I'm going to pick her up on Tuesday. I'd love to give the new PW 6.4 Hemi some rumble, 35's, and lightning upgrades.

Oh and delete those factory sidesteps.
Bout time you signed up! Nice truck, I love that color :rockon:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by RustyPW » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

abearsfan
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:46 pm
Model Year: 2014

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by abearsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:44 pm

picked up my 2017 PW last month in Northern VA., drove it across country to AZ pulling a small trailer (maybe 4k lbs total) and didn't care a bit about the MPG. The ride was excellent, all 5 days worth of it. I ordered white knuckle rock sliders a couple of days after I purchased it, still waiting for the delivery! Will eventually put bigger tires and replace the stock muffler. Currently trying to plan the PWIM trip next year, by plan I mean get it ok'd with the wife!
Attachments
20170917_125744.jpg

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by RustyPW » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. Might see you out in Moab.
:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 am
Model Year: 2012
Location: Loveland, CO

Pulled the Trigger....2012 PW

Post by ghaugo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:14 pm

I finally pulled the trigger on a new to me/used 2012 PW! I have been scouring the internet and researching since last hunting season about the trucks, and I found this 2012 in Missouri. I live in Colorado, and the Carfax showed that it was originally from Colorado. The skid plates were clean, lockers and swaybar worked, winch was clean and worked, and there was no rust underneath. The engine hours were low, so I could not resist. I was apprehensive to drive 10 hours to look at a truck as I was not sure if I could trust the dealer, but they were great. I made the decision to take my 2015 Ram 1500 out and they gave me a good trade, so I picked this guy up. It was all stock from the factory with 19,000 miles on it. The only things I could find added were the sliders (Aluminess I believe) and a K&N drop in filter. It had the original tires which I switched to Duratracs as they worked well for me on work and personal trucks.

The drive back was amazing! I was concerned about getting the 5.7 and the gas mileage, but I don't drive everyday as I have a work vehicle, so I came to terms with the lack of mileage issue. However, I was actually surprised when I got 15.0mpg on the interstate doing 75mph. I reset the computer at Sterling, CO and I drove to Loveland. I set the cruise at 65mph and the computer showed 17.2mpg when I got to town over 110 miles! I was floored as this was about what my old 2004 1500 would get when I drove easy with it.

Anyway, I have quickly come to understand why all of the folks on this site have such an affinity with the Power Wagons. I thoroughly enjoy mine. It is the truck I should have purchased all along. I am hoping to test it out this elk season, and I can't wait.

I also wanted to thank everyone here for all of the information as this was a long decision for me. I have been reading other Ram forums as well, but this one has the specific knowledge I was looking for about what I believe is the best truck around!
Attachments
IMG_1313.jpg
2012 Power Wagon
Aluminess Rock Sliders, Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17, ARE Z-Series Topper, FilterMag GP101 (front and rear diffs), DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Skanda Kryptec Typhoon seat covers, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Volant CAI with Donaldson PowerCore Filter, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by RustyPW » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:32 am

Congrats on the PW and welcome to the forum. I have a son over in Greeley, and one in Erie.
:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
Mule
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Rocky Mtns
Contact:

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by Mule » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Fun trucks. :)
I'm through Loveland quite often.... live in south metro, go north most weekends through the winter.
Image

User avatar
jpbrazill
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:30 pm
Model Year: 2006
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by jpbrazill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 am

Ghaugo and Mule. We should get a PW BBQ sometime soon before our weather gets too cold. I’m also new to being a PW owner and would love to get together with some locals. ghaugo, that truck is beautiful!
2017 Power Wagon: Granite Crystal: Rambox: 35s, res chop, N-Fab Steps: Deezee tailgate assist: airhorn delete: AVS vent visors:

Aurora, Colorado

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3032
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Pulled the Trigger....2012 PW

Post by olyelr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 pm

ghaugo wrote:I finally pulled the trigger on a new to me/used 2012 PW! I have been scouring the internet and researching since last hunting season about the trucks, and I found this 2012 in Missouri. I live in Colorado, and the Carfax showed that it was originally from Colorado. The skid plates were clean, lockers and swaybar worked, winch was clean and worked, and there was no rust underneath. The engine hours were low, so I could not resist. I was apprehensive to drive 10 hours to look at a truck as I was not sure if I could trust the dealer, but they were great. I made the decision to take my 2015 Ram 1500 out and they gave me a good trade, so I picked this guy up. It was all stock from the factory with 19,000 miles on it. The only things I could find added were the sliders (Aluminess I believe) and a K&N drop in filter. It had the original tires which I switched to Duratracs as they worked well for me on work and personal trucks.

The drive back was amazing! I was concerned about getting the 5.7 and the gas mileage, but I don't drive everyday as I have a work vehicle, so I came to terms with the lack of mileage issue. However, I was actually surprised when I got 15.0mpg on the interstate doing 75mph. I reset the computer at Sterling, CO and I drove to Loveland. I set the cruise at 65mph and the computer showed 17.2mpg when I got to town over 110 miles! I was floored as this was about what my old 2004 1500 would get when I drove easy with it.

Anyway, I have quickly come to understand why all of the folks on this site have such an affinity with the Power Wagons. I thoroughly enjoy mine. It is the truck I should have purchased all along. I am hoping to test it out this elk season, and I can't wait.

I also wanted to thank everyone here for all of the information as this was a long decision for me. I have been reading other Ram forums as well, but this one has the specific knowledge I was looking for about what I believe is the best truck around!
Congrats on the new to you wagon!

Dont expect to get that kind of mileage on a daily basis, though!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:24 am

abearsfan wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:44 pm
picked up my 2017 PW last month in Northern VA., drove it across country to AZ pulling a small trailer (maybe 4k lbs total) and didn't care a bit about the MPG. The ride was excellent, all 5 days worth of it. I ordered white knuckle rock sliders a couple of days after I purchased it, still waiting for the delivery! Will eventually put bigger tires and replace the stock muffler. Currently trying to plan the PWIM trip next year, by plan I mean get it ok'd with the wife!
Great color! Welcome
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 am

AK-PW17 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 am
Greetings!

I've been a guest on this site for a while now. I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 RAM Power Wagon! I'm going to pick her up on Tuesday. I'd love to give the new PW 6.4 Hemi some rumble, 35's, and lightning upgrades.

Oh and delete those factory sidesteps.
Welcome, great color. Drop those nerfs soonest.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

User avatar
FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm
Location: North Wales, PA

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by FirerescuePW » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:26 pm

adeluca73 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 am
AK-PW17 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 am
Greetings!

I've been a guest on this site for a while now. I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 RAM Power Wagon! I'm going to pick her up on Tuesday. I'd love to give the new PW 6.4 Hemi some rumble, 35's, and lightning upgrades.

Oh and delete those factory sidesteps.
Welcome, great color. Drop those nerfs soonest.

Meh... From experience, given the right circumstances, the nerfs will drop themselves!

Welcome!!
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

User avatar
Mule
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Rocky Mtns
Contact:

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by Mule » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm

jpbrazill wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 am
Ghaugo and Mule. We should get a PW BBQ sometime soon before our weather gets too cold. I’m also new to being a PW owner and would love to get together with some locals. ghaugo, that truck is beautiful!
Steamboat Powersports is having their open-house tomorrow (Sat 21Oct17) ... Food, door prizes, swap meet... there'll be a white PW in the parking lot most of the day :winchmob:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by RustyPW » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:45 am

FirerescuePW wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:26 pm
adeluca73 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 am
AK-PW17 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 am
Greetings!

I've been a guest on this site for a while now. I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 RAM Power Wagon! I'm going to pick her up on Tuesday. I'd love to give the new PW 6.4 Hemi some rumble, 35's, and lightning upgrades.

Oh and delete those factory sidesteps.
Welcome, great color. Drop those nerfs soonest.

Meh... From experience, given the right circumstances, the nerfs will drop themselves!

Welcome!!
:rofl:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar
jpbrazill
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:30 pm
Model Year: 2006
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by jpbrazill » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Mule wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm
jpbrazill wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 am
Ghaugo and Mule. We should get a PW BBQ sometime soon before our weather gets too cold. I’m also new to being a PW owner and would love to get together with some locals. ghaugo, that truck is beautiful!
Steamboat Powersports is having their open-house tomorrow (Sat 21Oct17) ... Food, door prizes, swap meet... there'll be a white PW in the parking lot most of the day :winchmob:
Currently I’m deployed. I won’t be back for another week. Its too bad I missed this. Next year!
2017 Power Wagon: Granite Crystal: Rambox: 35s, res chop, N-Fab Steps: Deezee tailgate assist: airhorn delete: AVS vent visors:

Aurora, Colorado

KevinABQ
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 pm
Model Year: 2018
Location: Albuquerque

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by KevinABQ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 am

Been reading as a guest as while, ran into some registration issues. But in theory I should pick up a new 2018 in less than 45 days in Idaho. As I suspect I'll have less than an inch of clearance between the roof and the bottom of my garage door frame I probably won't put bigger tires on it for a while, but sliders and an an aluminum bed cover are planned.
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline

User avatar
Bill2014
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Northern NY

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by Bill2014 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:38 am

Sounds great Kevin!

Welcome to the group :cheers:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass

Moab 2006

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by RustyPW » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 am

Welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

:winchmob:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli G2 Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, Carli Control Arms, Thuren 3" SoftRide Springs, Thuren Rear Shackles, MagnaFlow Muffler, Crown Stainless Brake Lines, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member

Mule007
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Location: Colton, Oregon

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by Mule007 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Welcome : recommednd sliders right off the bat !
2005 Mineral Gray PW; Alloquin 3" rock rails w/low profile steps; 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift kit; Toyo Open Country AT II Extreme-35 x 12.5 x 17 10 ply's; McQuay-Norris Extreme ball joints; T-steering upgrade w/Bilstein 5100 steering damper; Bilstein 5100 Mono tube nitrogen gas shocks; Denso 180 amp alternator, Interstate Mega-tron 850 CCA HD battery; MoPar rear wheel well liners, black accent fender flares, remote start, and Ravelco Anti theft device; Hopkins Trailer Mate trailer brake controller; Hemi 1 ton transmission cooler; Uniden Bearcat Pro 68XL CB radio; Linex Platinum black armor truck bed & lower rock panel armor coating; Matching Range Rider cab high fiberglass canopy; 2" Linex (matches Alloquin) round brush guard light bar w/ 4- KC HiLites Rally 400 Series 4" Halogen Driving/off road lights; Dyna-flow cat back dual exhaust; GT Platinum srt-10 A-pillar pod mount programmable performance chip, monitor, tuner; an S&B CAI.

User avatar
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: The Pentagon, VA

Re: Pulled the Trigger....2012 PW

Post by adeluca73 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:13 am

ghaugo wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:14 pm
I finally pulled the trigger on a new to me/used 2012 PW! I have been scouring the internet and researching since last hunting season about the trucks, and I found this 2012 in Missouri. I live in Colorado, and the Carfax showed that it was originally from Colorado. The skid plates were clean, lockers and swaybar worked, winch was clean and worked, and there was no rust underneath. The engine hours were low, so I could not resist. I was apprehensive to drive 10 hours to look at a truck as I was not sure if I could trust the dealer, but they were great. I made the decision to take my 2015 Ram 1500 out and they gave me a good trade, so I picked this guy up. It was all stock from the factory with 19,000 miles on it. The only things I could find added were the sliders (Aluminess I believe) and a K&N drop in filter. It had the original tires which I switched to Duratracs as they worked well for me on work and personal trucks.

The drive back was amazing! I was concerned about getting the 5.7 and the gas mileage, but I don't drive everyday as I have a work vehicle, so I came to terms with the lack of mileage issue. However, I was actually surprised when I got 15.0mpg on the interstate doing 75mph. I reset the computer at Sterling, CO and I drove to Loveland. I set the cruise at 65mph and the computer showed 17.2mpg when I got to town over 110 miles! I was floored as this was about what my old 2004 1500 would get when I drove easy with it.

Anyway, I have quickly come to understand why all of the folks on this site have such an affinity with the Power Wagons. I thoroughly enjoy mine. It is the truck I should have purchased all along. I am hoping to test it out this elk season, and I can't wait.

I also wanted to thank everyone here for all of the information as this was a long decision for me. I have been reading other Ram forums as well, but this one has the specific knowledge I was looking for about what I believe is the best truck around!

Beat Navy & welcome...great truck
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

jambbii
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:32 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by jambbii » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 pm

I finally was able to get registered! Been waiting about 2 months for my 18 to show up. Supposedly waiting final inspection. I have exhaust sitting in the garage and some steel for sliders. Going to use this as a camping rig and part time driver. Dragging a lowered 06 mega cab dually through the dirt has been getting old.

Josh

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3032
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by olyelr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:14 pm

jambbii wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 pm
I finally was able to get registered! Been waiting about 2 months for my 18 to show up. Supposedly waiting final inspection. I have exhaust sitting in the garage and some steel for sliders. Going to use this as a camping rig and part time driver. Dragging a lowered 06 mega cab dually through the dirt has been getting old.

Josh
Welcome to PWR! :winchmob:

I was registered for well over a year before I even had a Power Wagon LOL.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

jambbii
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:32 am
Model Year: 2014

Re: "Welcome Thread"

Post by jambbii » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 am

olyelr wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:14 pm
jambbii wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 pm
I finally was able to get registered! Been waiting about 2 months for my 18 to show up. Supposedly waiting final inspection. I have exhaust sitting in the garage and some steel for sliders. Going to use this as a camping rig and part time driver. Dragging a lowered 06 mega cab dually through the dirt has been getting old.

Josh
Welcome to PWR! :winchmob:

I was registered for well over a year before I even had a Power Wagon LOL.

Thanks! Still waiting for this dang thing to show up. I guess it is at rail yard in line to get shipped out....

Locked