I Need a FSM

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

I Need a FSM

Post by Pit Slave » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Hey guys, I need to change out my transmission with the built one I got. I know some of you have an electronic copy of the FSM. I just wanted to get a hold of it so I have the correct torque/pattern applied to the bolts. I have a 2005 Power Wagon. Other years around that should be the same procedure.

Thanks!
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Re: I Need a FSM

Post by coder » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Here's the 3 installation pages from the 06 manual should be close enough:
Attachments
transmission install page #1.jpg
transmission install page #2.jpg
transmission install page #3.jpg
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Thanks! Now time to put this puppy in!

John Adams - 1826

SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:59 pm

That's some odd packing material ... Did you order that trans from Cambodia?!
The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

leo72987
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by leo72987 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Hey there Pit Slave just curious what happened to your 545rfe? lol What failed?
2005 Wagon Standard Cab Auto,Bilstein 5100's,White Knuckle Sliders,Dodge Offroad Diff covers,Cooper St Maxx's stock size, Hardwired lockers,Evo manual sway bar disconnect conversion, DT Pro Fab Sway Bar links

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:55 pm

The converter let loose while doing a right turn on the street, in 4WD, foot in the throttle, rear partially locked, slightly damp road.....RPMs pegged on that one lol

I kinda just point and go, sometimes I make my own path if it gets silly on the road.... Don't Hold Back!!

John Adams - 1826

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:19 pm

coder wrote:Here's the 3 installation pages from the 06 manual should be close enough:
Hey coder I just saw that on step 30 it states to (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/ENGINE BLOCK/STRUCTURAL COVER - INSTALATION) what are the details that they are referring to?

John Adams - 1826

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:28 pm

also, ATS is JUNK! it's on my "Do Not Buy, Scam" list.

John Adams - 1826

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:58 pm

OK, I am confused ! ATS is JUNK ? But you bought a shiny new one anyways ? You gotta explain this. :popcorn:

SheepdogOutdoorsman---That's some odd packing material ... Did you order that trans from Cambodia?!

:rofl: :rofl:

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:16 pm

He must have bought a used ats from a diesel guy and sent it to Cambodia for a rebuild where their children workers can stand up inside the transmission and install parts to tighter tolerances
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:54 pm

This is an old thread. It's from 2015. I just didn't want to start another thread.

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit

John Adams - 1826

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Pit Slave wrote:
coder wrote:Here's the 3 installation pages from the 06 manual should be close enough:
Hey coder I just saw that on step 30 it states to (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/ENGINE BLOCK/STRUCTURAL COVER - INSTALATION) what are the details that they are referring to?
This is all that's in the manual, it does not exist. I have found incorrect and missing references before hopfull it is not needed and just an error.
Pit Slave wrote:also, ATS is JUNK! it's on my "Do Not Buy, Scam" list.
What's wrong with the transmission?
Attachments
engine_block.jpg
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:08 pm

A lot of diesel guys on cummins forum have the same opinion about ats. But all sorts of different reasons
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 pm

This was more of going off of evidence. When they did the teardown, they found there were economy clutches installed where there should have been performance material. The only thing that was noted was a billet torque converter and a lightly modified valve body. This is why the joke has been a $2,000 purple paint job.

John Adams - 1826

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Pit Slave wrote:This was more of going off of evidence. When they did the teardown, they found there were economy clutches installed where there should have been performance material. The only thing that was noted was a billet torque converter and a lightly modified valve body. This is why the joke has been a $2,000 purple paint job.
I hate that kind of crap. And who takes apart something they just built.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Every time I see this thread.... Image

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:41 pm

This thread is Neutral Drop Approved!

TrueCowboy426
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TrueCowboy426 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:00 pm

This is why I rebuild all my own transmissions, then I know what parts I'm putting into and the care of assembly. I'm on the cummins forums and ATS is not a company I would buy a trans from. I do run one of their converters and it is a sound unit. If you are even remotely mechanically inclined (and I know you are Pit) anyone can pretty much rebuild an auto, they are not very complex. I've never had to do a 545 yet, but I've done plenty 727s, 904s and the 47re in my diesel. I have less than $600 on the internals of my diesel trans (converter is another story, it is an expensive triple disc), and it lives with 450hp and 950 lb-ft daily, and I don't baby it. Only broke one stock input shaft so far!

I use a local company to me SMR transmissions(for my gassers) and RevMax Converters(diesel trans), but I don't know if either deal much in the 545 world.
2007 Dodge Power Wagon - Inferno Red Quad Cab, G56, KRC 210X cam, SRT8 JGC seats, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, Offroad lights behind the grill, Warn wireless winch remote, Carli front Diff Guard, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, On board air complete w/ train horns, homemade hidden gooseneck hitch, Homemade locker bypass, upgraded Mopar steering box, Centerforce clutch
1998 Dodge 2500 Laramie, QCSB 4x4. 24V cummins, completely rebuilt chassis with '01 1500 body installed, full gauges, Edge drag comp box, +150hp injectors, performance 47re built by me, 35" Toyo MTs on 3rd gen wheels.
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4x4 Quad Cab 4.7L Bright Silver, HO Cams, 12,000 lbs Winch mounted behind bumper, 4.56's, 2500 factory tow hooks, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, Air-Lift Ride Control bags, homemade hidden ball gooseneck hitch.
1987 W100 - carburated 5.7 Hemi/727 combo, 35" Toyo MT's. Ramcharger D44 w/ warn hubs, Warlock seats, 2nd gen center console
1987 Dakota - RCSB, 413 big block, LT headers.
And a few jeeps for good measure.

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Actually, I damn near totaled the ATS converter. After it was cut open to just refresh it, it was found to have fractures on the internals. So in essence I almost grenaded it. But it took a little over two years to reach that point.

The only reason why I didn't rebuild myself is I actually trust Randy's and I just didn't want to deal with it at this point. Randy's was one of my choices a few years ago. He wasn't local to me at the time and I had no way to work on it as I didn't have a shop at the time plus the ice storms were bad and cold that winter.

John Adams - 1826