50" curved LED light bar.......................

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Re: 50" curved LED light bar.......................

Post by Will » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Over a course of 7 or 8 years, I've had Rigids, Plashlights, China no names, Kawells, and the Rigids definitely out perform the others. I have a few friends that have airboats and surface drive boats, just about everyone has a bar light or LED of some sort. The Rigids hold up better, no moisture gets in them, the beam patterns are better and more concentrated. Some of the others heat fins change color, fade and even start corroding with use. They all may use the exact same CREE bulb but it's in the design of the reflector and how the electronics are built that separate them along with how they are sealed and coated. I had one bulb burn out on a Rigid and they replaced it within 3 days, no question asked. Had another brand get smacked by a limb and the entire thing quit working. Had one set similar to RI Dually but an off brand that started buzzing after a few weeks and eventually over heated.

In short, if you want it for looks, get the cheaper shit, if you want it truly for function, Rigid Industries hands down.
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Will wrote:Over a course of 7 or 8 years, I've had Rigids, Plashlights, China no names, Kawells, and the Rigids definitely out perform the others. I have a few friends that have airboats and surface drive boats, just about everyone has a bar light or LED of some sort. The Rigids hold up better, no moisture gets in them, the beam patterns are better and more concentrated. Some of the others heat fins change color, fade and even start corroding with use. They all may use the exact same CREE bulb but it's in the design of the reflector and how the electronics are built that separate them along with how they are sealed and coated. I had one bulb burn out on a Rigid and they replaced it within 3 days, no question asked. Had another brand get smacked by a limb and the entire thing quit working. Had one set similar to RI Dually but an off brand that started buzzing after a few weeks and eventually over heated.

In short, if you want it for looks, get the cheaper shit, if you want it truly for function, Rigid Industries hands down.
^^^Agreed ^^^

If you are just looking for a light to look cool at the mall or just need some generic lighting then go ahead and get an cheap Chinese light. If you are looking for actual performance out of your lighting then definitely go with Rigid or Baja Designs. Even in the Chinese versions there is a wide range of quality and performance. A good in between brand that I have personally used and sold is Lifetime Leds.

I have a 4 year old 20" Rigid that gets used daily and not a single led has burned out and it looks almost new cosmetically. It puts out more controlled light than the off brand 40" that I put on my Ford.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Thanks all, for the useful feedback. I am looking for long term performance out of one for my Power Wagon & am also looking for a small one or a pair, for my snowblower. Low power drain seems to be just the ticket for my snowblower, but it's gotta be rugged & able to handle mega vibration.

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:36 pm

TwinStick wrote:Thanks all, for the useful feedback. I am looking for long term performance out of one for my Power Wagon & am also looking for a small one or a pair, for my snowblower. Low power drain seems to be just the ticket for my snowblower, but it's gotta be rugged & able to handle mega vibration.
I would go with a pair of Rigid SRM's for the snow blower. I run a pair of them as back up lights on our RZR and I have the flush mount versions installed into the rear bumper on the Ford: