Tire Feedback

If it's about Power Wagons, this is where it'll go.
yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Tire Feedback

Post by yellowranger1 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:51 pm

PWJouster wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:32 am
cant wait to trash my rts quickly!....but i hear quickly and toyo dont go in the same sentence... i just wore off the raised tread surface

my 35/17s have been great for over 5k miles handle great in all conditions. wear is nice. with my experience and driving style, if i actually get to 12k miles with off road worthiness, i would be ecstatic.

ALTHOUGH, something did take a small dice size chunk out of the inside of an outside lug treadIMG_1064.JPG
Yeah, thats suuuper minor "damage", not worth losing any sleep over. You'll probably get rid of those tires from being bored of them and wanting a different size/look long before they're trashed. If I were closer I'd scoop them up and hang on to them! My 35's saw plenty of highway and trail time in mud, rocks, snow, sand etc. and were finally starting to show it. From my experience the RTs have been a great jack of all trades tire - they would likely slip in some scenarios where the MT may not, but I think they strike a good balance in highway/off road performance. I'm looking forward to seeing how the 37" flavor compares to the 35".