Board index General Power Wagon Talk

If it's about Power Wagons, this is where it'll go.

Re: Tire Feedback

Postby RustyPW » Mon May 22, 2017 9:13 pm

DamageWagon wrote:Never heard of anyone running the CT (in sure tons of people do, just never met anyone or seen on the forums). If their sidewalk construction is anything like their MT they would be almost unkillable. I'm still amazed at these tires, they just won't die. Best of luck!

I've killed a MT sidewall with the only rock on the trail. Don't ask me how I did it. Because I'm still trying to figure that one out.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper , PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, MORE STUFF COMIN'.

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17,
Russ NRA Benefactor Member
RustyPW
2000_Posts

Postby 13BlkPowerWagon » Tue May 23, 2017 8:50 am

GunniPWguy wrote:Anyone seen or tried the Toyo Open Country C/T? In the market for some new shoes and trying to decide between these and the Toyo AT2 Extremes. I think it's time for new ball joints too. Cooper STT's are cupping like crazy at around 40k. Think I'm done with mud tires. The old PW and me don't really like the mud all that much anymore anyway! :wink:

I have about 25K miles on the Toyo C/T's on my truck. So far they're wearing pretty darn well. I rotate about every 10K miles. Road noise is minimal, and wet and dry traction is excellent. They're not as good in the snow as I was hoping, but they aren't horrible either. Pretty good in hard pack, and they don't tear up grass until you start to spin (important in hay fields and yards when I do tree work/firewood gathering).
They are a long ways from an M/T though... They don't dig at all, and they don't self clean well until you really get them spinning. This is good for guys like me who don't want to destroy someones property, but it makes it tough to get to some of the places I need to...

Next time, I might try the R/T's, or go with a Cooper ST or STT, something a hair more aggressive, but not full blown M/T.
13BlkPowerWagon

Postby yellowranger1 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:00 pm

I have about 9k miles on my 35" Toyo RT, and I've been extremely happy with them. They look near new, with some decent off road time on them in mixed terrain (sand washes, dirt trails, gravel, rock crawling, snow) not to mention lots of highway. I rotated them at about 5k miles, and I'll be rotating them after this coming weekend trip a little pst the 10k mark. They continue to be super smooth, are audible but I would not call them noisy at all. Sidewalls have held up great, I usually air down to 20-25psi depending on terrain, only minor chipping in some of the tread blocks. Zero rubbing anywhere lock to lock on road or flexed off road. If I were to go back to a 37, I wouldn't think twice and I'd go for the 37/12.5 RT. A friend has them on his truck and they look perfect.
yellowranger1
50_Posts

Postby israelstanage » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 pm

I have 50,000 miles on my 35x12.5 RTs. Will get another 10-20k miles out of them then probably get them again, but go with a man size.
israelstanage
50_Posts

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:02 am

israelstanage wrote:I have 50,000 miles on my 35x12.5 RTs. Will get another 10-20k miles out of them then probably get them again, but go with a man size.

Nice - I have the same tires. What pressure have you run them at to get such great tread life?
2015 Power Wagon SLT
Stickers removed, Dual Alternators, Thuren PW coils and sway bar with Overland shocks, Magnaflow muffler, resonator deleted, tow mirrors, AMP Powersteps, Carli front diff guard, Husky X-Act mats, spray in bed liner, Undercover tonneau cover
black_hawk8888
50_Posts

Postby israelstanage » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:26 pm

35 rear, 45 front. Cold. I rotate every oil change and have it aligned every other (I have a 5 year package)
israelstanage
50_Posts

Postby nhfd21348 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Recently I just upgraded from the noisy and terrible duratracs. I went for the falken A/T3w in 35x12.5r17. They are really nice tires. They grip really well, especially in the rain. These are really aggressive all-terrains with 20/32's of tread depth. Also really quiet on the road. And really cheap for 35's around $240 a piece.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2016 Power Wagon Laramie, Maximum Steel. Mods installed are White Knuckle Steps and factory rubber mud flaps and Blue LED response lights.
nhfd21348

Tire Feedback

Postby nhfd21348 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Recently I just upgraded from the noisy and terrible duratracs. I went for the falken A/T3w in 35x12.5r17. They are really nice tires. They grip really well, especially in the rain. These are really aggressive all-terrains with 20/32's of tread depth. Also really quiet on the road. And really cheap for 35's around $240 a piece. Also have a 55k warranty

ImageImageImage

2016 Power Wagon Laramie, Maximum Steel. Mods installed are White Knuckle Steps and factory rubber mud flaps and Blue LED response lights.
nhfd21348

Tire Feedback

Postby yellowranger1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Those look great! I think they have the mountain snowflake rating as well don't they? I ran a set of the original Falken AT01 on my old truck when they first came out, super smooth solid tires but the sipes on those were maybe 1/3 depth, so they looked almost bald and wet performance suffered when they still had lots of life left in them. That was a common complaint and was supposed to be addressed since then.
yellowranger1
50_Posts

Postby nhfd21348 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 pm

yellowranger1 wrote:Those look great! I think they have the mountain snowflake rating as well don't they? I ran a set of the original Falken AT01 on my old truck when they first came out, super smooth solid tires but the sipes on those were maybe 1/3 depth, so they looked almost bald and wet performance suffered when they still had lots of life left in them. That was a common complaint and was supposed to be addressed since then.

Yes they do have the mountain snowflake rating. The sipes look deeper than a third into tread. So far they are awesome especially for the price.

nhfd21348

Previous

Return to Power Wagon Talk