'11 PW rear seat fold down ?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Takingatrip1
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

'11 PW rear seat fold down ?

Post by Takingatrip1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Is there a way the rear seat back folds forward ?

Is there a "hack" to make it fold forward ?

Id like to use that space to mount a fuse box for some accessories
Price is soon forgotten , Quality is not

'11 Powerwagon
'11 FWC Hawk Camper

autogateman
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: '11 PW rear seat fold down ?

Post by autogateman » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Yes. Unbolt the seat, cut 5/8" off the bottom of the hooks that hold the seat back in place. Bolt back in place. Now when the bottom is tilted approximately 60* the seat back will pull off if the hooks and lean forward. Absolute must if you plan on installing custom seat covers.

Takingatrip1
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by Takingatrip1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:06 am

Autogateman thanks!
Price is soon forgotten , Quality is not

'11 Powerwagon
'11 FWC Hawk Camper

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Fold Down Rear Seat Mod

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:06 am

I just did this mod on my 3rd gen. It's a little different than the procedure for the 4th gen listed above. There's how-to videos on Youtube with options depending if you want to cut the hook or install spacers. On the 3rd gen all you do is flip the brackets over. Here's a short 3rd gen video.
I completely removed the sound insulation board and applied self adhesive insulation directly to the surface of the sheet metal. There is a little more road noise that comes in through the vents when you do it this way, but I think the extra storage space is worth it. Now I have 3"+ of extra storage space the entire width of the backseat and about 16" high. I also have easy access to the power sliding rear window motor if I ever need to service it.
I'm very happy with it so far.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:48 pm

I never knew that. That is good to know. The vid that shows the guy using a large 3/4" nut as a spacer gets an "epic fail" IMHO. With that much less threads holding the seats to the body/frame, they could easily become projectiles in a bad accident. Just flipping the brackets on the seat back is the way to go ! :rockon: