How do I measure the proper clearance for bump stops to util

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

How do I measure the proper clearance for bump stops to util

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu May 08, 2014 9:25 am

Hey all expecting new shocks in the next few weeks nice carli units just want to make sure my bds bump stops won't limit the travel of the new shocks to much and Inhibit their overall travel? Their acv's and supposed to be really good for big bump ability and supposed to not bottom however my bds bump stops that came with the lift are about 6,3/4" doesn't from from (bottom of frame rail to tip of urethane puck) and the bracket itself is about 4.5"? When the trucks are ride height only seems like there's about 5"-6" of clearance to the front axle so you'd think the bump stops would limit the travel of the shocks I'm running 37" tires and I know there's diff clearance issues also especially with track bar drop bracket and 6" lift just wondering if this sounds right? Took some pics this morning
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399555395.059518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399555447.342014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"