3rd Gen meet 4th Gen

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

3rd Gen meet 4th Gen

Post by ldgregory » Mon May 21, 2012 7:29 pm

My ultimate goal for bringing this forum on-line was to reunite all the Power Wagon owners whether they be 3rd gen, 4th gen, or even old school.

So, my name is Leif. I live in Albuquerque, NM and between SilverWagon05 and myself, there aren't many obstacles we wont try to tackle. We've got a whole lot of trust in each other as spotters and we've conquered some things like Golden Crack and Escalator when we've been told it couldn't be done. My claims to fame in the PW world are coming up with the locker bypass (it's ok to still milk that one right guys??? :grin:), starting and organizing the Annual Power Wagons in Moab (APWiM) trip (with a lot of help from SilverWagon05), running the Power Wagon Registry, getting the DT Power Wagon forum started on DodgeTalk (sorry about that), and of course running this forum (to fix the thing I said just before this).

I like to mod my truck but keep the mechanics stock. I love being able to tackle an obstacle and know I did it in a stock PW.

My day job is as a CSO (Chief Security Officer) and CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for the largest state agency in NM. It's mostly policy, procedure and standards, disaster recovery planning, continuity of operations planning, HIPAA violation investigations etc. But every so often I get to put on my pocket protector and do full on security penetration testing of our networks, systems and even people. I also get to do forensic analysis of systems for computer misuse and compromise. Those are the days that keep me sane throughout the rest of my job.

Can't wait to meet you 4th gen guys.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Re: 3rd Gen meet 4th Gen

Post by BlkWgn » Thu May 24, 2012 3:45 pm

My name is Cris, I am "crismateski" over on DT.

Here is a short intro.

Truck is an 06 (production number 44) Mostly stock, Daily Driver (48miles one way to work) biggest change is the snorkel

I am an amateur radio operator, and very active with both Outdoor Adventure USA and Expedition Portal. I do some freelance news video, although I have not really done much lately. Avid avid camper, 2-3 weekends a month is prey normal for me to be in a tent. Shoot, Fish, Hike and beat up the truck when ever I get a chance.

For now you can find my build thread on the portal, but I will move it here shortly.

Guess that is good for now
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com

Juday
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Juday » Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 am

Well, as it seems I'm the first 4th Gen over here, let me start off by saying.....

Hello.

:lol:
2012 RAM Power Wagon
315/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar | Carli Front Differential Cover | Aluminess Front Bumper | Aluminess Rock Sliders | PIAA 540 Fog Lights | 1" Daystar Lift | Thuren High Clearance Control Arms | Thuren Track Bar

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Fri May 25, 2012 8:06 am

Juday wrote:Well, as it seems I'm the first 4th Gen over here, let me start off by saying.....

Hello.

:lol:
Welcome Juday! Good to see ya over here. This is going to be great being all together. Pretty much everything about our trucks apply to each other. And now we get to drool over your trucks without going to a different area. :shock:
Long Gone:
'05 Silver Power Wagon: # 869: Custom Rear Hitch & Bed Clearance Mod, Custom Front and Rear Tubular Bumpers, Airflow 3rd Gen Snorkel, Diablo Sport Predator, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain, Flow Master 40, Mopar Rock Rails, Warn 15,000lb Winch,with Thermal Bypass, 4.56 Locking front and rear Diffs, Sway-bar disconnect, Uprgraded " T " steering linkage, Fully Skid plated with fore and aft bars, Carli Front Diff Protector, RockCrusher Rear Diff Pro, Bilstein 5100's with rear Custom Valving, Pit Slave Winch Strap, CajunPW PNP Locker By-Pass,

Follow Me, I'll Pull You Out...AFTER you pull me out......
Rausch Creek 2010 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Spring Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2012 Spring Run
Future Rausch Creek 2013 Spring Run June 22nd!

"There is no hunting, like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter." --Earnest Hemmingway--

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Fri May 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks Leif. This is great :mrgreen: Hope to continue gaining knowledge from all you rad dudes! (and maybe share some too) :rockon:
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

Iamahemi

Post by Iamahemi » Sat May 26, 2012 12:30 am

Another 4th gen here, it's a 2012
2012 bright white,decal delete package,ARE cap,bed rug,Mopar black side steps,2010 rear headrest swap,1 child carseat,1 booster seat,Toyo AT2 285/75/17,Mopar mud flaps, cabin air filter mod .....

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

3rd Gen meet 4th Gen

Post by ldgregory » Sat May 26, 2012 12:53 am

Iamahemi wrote:Another 4th gen here, it's a 2012
Welcome! Now we gotta get some 4th gen PWs to come out for the 6th APWiM.

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Sat May 26, 2012 12:58 am

ldgregory wrote:
Iamahemi wrote:Another 4th gen here, it's a 2012
Welcome! Now we gotta get some 4th gen PWs to come out for the 6th APWiM.
No doubt! This time it might work out differently with the unification of all the gens.
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Mon May 28, 2012 2:40 pm

I also agree, Leif, this is a great move!
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm

My name is Josh- everybody from Dodge Talk knows me as 04Ram2500Hemi. The 2004 was my first HD pickup and served me well for many years. However, last November I finally got my hands on my dream truck, a 2012 Ram Power Wagon. This to me looks like a great site to get some more Power Wagon Knowledge. I just wish my locker's weren't so damn finicky!
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by chromedragon » Thu May 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for the invite over here Leif, Im looking forward to getting to know the crew here and get my truck ready to get dirty.

I have a 2006 QC manual that i have just recently acquired.

I'm slowly getting into off road adventuring and wandering past where the asphalt ends.

I'm a Enterprise Storage Tech by trade and an Aircraft Mechanic by education.

The board looks great Leif.
2006 Power Wagon Quad Cab Manual Moto Rims stock size, Cooper ATP, Dynatrac Ball joints, Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs, AmSteel blue 7/16 x 100' synthetics rope from Custom splice, Sony BT 602 stereo and backup camera etc. Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks.

Special Licenses:
FAA Airframe and Power Plant
FCC Technician (Ham) KK6YCI

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

Robert A. Heinlein

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Glad to see both of you here (chromedragon and 04Ram2500Hemi) and glad to get a forum going under Power Wagon owner control!

Next Mods: