Power Wagon Picture Thread

If it's about Power Wagons, this is where it'll go.
User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Low_Sky » Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 pm

On Saturday I linked up with wilsonsinak for a wheeling trip with him and some (most?) of his co-workers. We were in the Wagons, everyone else was on a SxS or four wheeler. It was a 25 mile haul out to the Knik glacier, with just enough mud and winching to make things interesting on the trail. Did a little bit of gawking at the splendor of nature, and headed back to the trailhead; almost a 10 hr round trip.

I had a couple friends riding with me, the photos in this post are by my friend Mike (https://www.instagram.com/brocious).
Attachments
20180512_Brocious_001.jpg
20180512_Brocious_003.jpg
20180512_Brocious_004.jpg
20180512_Brocious_005.jpg
20180512_Brocious_006.jpg
20180512_Brocious_007.jpg
20180512_Brocious_008.jpg
20180512_Brocious_009.jpg
20180512_Brocious_010.jpg
Last edited by Low_Sky on Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Alaska
2015 PW Laramie w/RamBox, 35"x12.50r17 Toyo C/Ts, custom rock sliders, PCP front/rear half-spiders, DOR steering brace, drinks Amsoil Kool-Aid, custom offroad pinstripes and extreme mud splash graphics

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Low_Sky » Mon May 14, 2018 11:21 pm

And a few of my photos. I took a lot less, being busy with driving duties.
Attachments
20180512_Knik Glacier Run (small)_001.jpg
20180512_Knik Glacier Run (small)_002.jpg
20180512_Knik Glacier Run (small)_003.jpg
John
Alaska
2015 PW Laramie w/RamBox, 35"x12.50r17 Toyo C/Ts, custom rock sliders, PCP front/rear half-spiders, DOR steering brace, drinks Amsoil Kool-Aid, custom offroad pinstripes and extreme mud splash graphics

User avatar
MikeKey
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 am
Model Year: 2014
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by MikeKey » Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Image
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

User avatar
yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:06 pm
Model Year: 2014

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Shit happens when you party on the rocks!

Glad that didn't happen at speed! I wan't thrilled when I re-centered my wheel after the lift and saw how much it was threaded out... Synergy has some prototype steering kits floating around out there for our trucks that should add some strength when available. How long before the ram-assist is installed??? 8-)

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Low_Sky » Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Is that tie rod bent too?
John
Alaska
2015 PW Laramie w/RamBox, 35"x12.50r17 Toyo C/Ts, custom rock sliders, PCP front/rear half-spiders, DOR steering brace, drinks Amsoil Kool-Aid, custom offroad pinstripes and extreme mud splash graphics

User avatar
yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:06 pm
Model Year: 2014

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Bent is such an ugly word... "Contoured"

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Low_Sky » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

yellowranger1 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm
Bent is such an ugly word... "Contoured"
"Strengthened by cold working"?
John
Alaska
2015 PW Laramie w/RamBox, 35"x12.50r17 Toyo C/Ts, custom rock sliders, PCP front/rear half-spiders, DOR steering brace, drinks Amsoil Kool-Aid, custom offroad pinstripes and extreme mud splash graphics

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1460
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm
Model Year: 2009

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Colibri » Wed May 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Navigating the rocks by Braille
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 2890
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by olyelr » Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm

yellowranger1 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:38 pm
Shit happens when you party on the rocks!

Glad that didn't happen at speed! I wan't thrilled when I re-centered my wheel after the lift and saw how much it was threaded out... Synergy has some prototype steering kits floating around out there for our trucks that should add some strength when available. How long before the ram-assist is installed??? 8-)
DOR has a kit out...

http://store.dodgeoffroad.com/Dodge-Off ... p_166.html


In fact, this steering is bigger than what most rock bouncers and monster trucks use.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

User avatar
MikeKey
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 am
Model Year: 2014
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by MikeKey » Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 pm

It bent like hot butter with a bad line on the Golden Crack this year. I attempted to relocate when I should have stayed put and snapped it. Take a look at this >>>
2018-05-07-08.31.24.jpg
We pulled a spare unit to get off the trail. Then modified this, sleeved it and reinstalled it to get back home. Have a new replacement.

DOR is currently the only one with a full kit for the 2014+ trucks. Synergy supposedly has a kit coming.... sometime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I do not know if Thuren has any plans.

So right now, I'm researching. I am told, that spot, is where it breaks for A LOT of people.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

User avatar
DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Model Year: 2011

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by DamageWagon » Thu May 17, 2018 12:25 am

olyelr wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm
yellowranger1 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:38 pm
Shit happens when you party on the rocks!

Glad that didn't happen at speed! I wan't thrilled when I re-centered my wheel after the lift and saw how much it was threaded out... Synergy has some prototype steering kits floating around out there for our trucks that should add some strength when available. How long before the ram-assist is installed??? 8-)
DOR has a kit out...

http://store.dodgeoffroad.com/Dodge-Off ... p_166.html


In fact, this steering is bigger than what most rock bouncers and monster trucks use.
I once ran a DOR steering kit for two weeks.

User avatar
DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm
Model Year: 2011

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by DamageWagon » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 am

Colibri wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:59 pm
Navigating the rocks by Braille
Seemed to be the theme this year :doh: :sick:

User avatar
Chromolykid
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:05 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Phelan, CA
Contact:

Re: Power Wagon Picture Thread

Post by Chromolykid » Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am

MikeKey wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 pm
It bent like hot butter with a bad line on the Golden Crack this year. I attempted to relocate when I should have stayed put and snapped it. Take a look at this >>>

2018-05-07-08.31.24.jpg

We pulled a spare unit to get off the trail. Then modified this, sleeved it and reinstalled it to get back home. Have a new replacement.

DOR is currently the only one with a full kit for the 2014+ trucks. Synergy supposedly has a kit coming.... sometime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I do not know if Thuren has any plans.

So right now, I'm researching. I am told, that spot, is where it breaks for A LOT of people.
Looks awfully familiar!
“Furiosa”
2016 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders
Walker Evans Wheels in 35” BFG KO2’s
DOR Steering Brace
Thuren Coils Front & Rear
Thuren Track Bars Front & Rear
AEV Procal
Carli Front Diff Guard/Purple Cranium Half Spider Rear
Putco LED Headlights & Foglights
Custom Fender Flares and Grill

Post Reply