Vapor Cannister busted!

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Vapor Cannister busted!

Post by Ken G. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 am

A tree branch went up thru the holes in my driver side skid plate and sheared off the hoses and busted the nipple fitting off the Cannister. No way to fix it without replacing it. I tried silicon and a zip tie....no dice. New one already on order. It doesn't effect drivability, unless I left it go for months. Just affects the emission system and makes my check gas cap idiot light illuminate.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: Vapor Cannister busted!

Post by Ken G. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 am

Here's a pic of the damage...crazy, angle...sorry for the less than great image. A possible fix for the future might be attaching a piece of aluminum sheet to the skid plate, just below the cannister, in order to protect it from tree branches.
Attachments
photo-5.JPG
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Under warranty?

Posted by a malnourished, drunk Carrier Pigeon and Borg ENIAC TRS-80 nanobots @2.4k baud.
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Not covered because it's not a factory defect!

TrueCowboy426
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TrueCowboy426 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:53 pm

If this light popped up @ Rausch I bet that got broke when that branch to shoved up your skid plate at the entrance to trail 23! It took quite a yank to get it out, so I assume it broke those lines off when it was going in. Sorry for the misfortune, but at least it is now something the rest of us can protect or remove.
2007 Dodge Power Wagon - Inferno Red Quad Cab, G56, KRC 210X cam, SRT8 JGC seats, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, Offroad lights behind the grill, Warn wireless winch remote, Carli front Diff Guard, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, On board air complete w/ train horns, homemade hidden gooseneck hitch, Homemade locker bypass, upgraded Mopar steering box, Centerforce clutch
1998 Dodge 2500 Laramie, QCSB 4x4. 24V cummins, completely rebuilt chassis with '01 1500 body installed, full gauges, Edge drag comp box, +150hp injectors, performance 47re built by me, 35" Toyo MTs on 3rd gen wheels.
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4x4 Quad Cab 4.7L Bright Silver, HO Cams, 12,000 lbs Winch mounted behind bumper, 4.56's, 2500 factory tow hooks, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, Air-Lift Ride Control bags, homemade hidden ball gooseneck hitch.
1987 W100 - carburated 5.7 Hemi/727 combo, 35" Toyo MT's. Ramcharger D44 w/ warn hubs, Warlock seats, 2nd gen center console
1987 Dakota - RCSB, 413 big block, LT headers.
And a few jeeps for good measure.

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:07 pm

TrueCowboy426 wrote:If this light popped up @ Rausch I bet that got broke when that branch to shoved up your skid plate at the entrance to trail 23! It took quite a yank to get it out, so I assume it broke those lines off when it was going in. Sorry for the misfortune, but at least it is now something the rest of us can protect or remove.
Yep...I'm pretty sure that's when it happened! Million in one shot! Well, once I get the new one in, I figured out a way to slide a piece of diamond plate aluminum in below it and secure it with some bolts to the frame / skid plate. It will do the job for keeping more branches from accessing the box and hoses. When I do the mod, I'll post pics so others can do something similar if they desire.