My PW makes a Bike Bell noise

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

My PW makes a Bike Bell noise

Post by chromedragon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm

So i just picked up my PW on the 5th of may. purchased from car max. During the test drive some items were noted to be repaired. So i was able to make an appointment to get the truck in on the 18th. So the repaired items included a neutral safety switch, The blend door, recirculation door, and every other door and evaporator assembly etc etc. the last item on the list is was sounds like a bicycle bell ring when in second gear going from 1500 to 2000 rpm. The local dodge dealer has it now and agrees there is a noise but have no clue what it is. There approach is to first tear into the transfer case if all is good the transmission is next on the list of items to be dismantled and inspected.

For reference this is a 2006 Power wagon with a manual transmission. It has 34k miles on it appear stock with the exception of the rims. its the one shown in my avatar.

im hoping some one her has a suggestion as to what the noise is as i have not seen my truck since 5/18 and id like to have it back one of these days. i have access to the dodge dealer and can pass along suggestions.

The only sliver lining to all of this is that carmax is paying this bill not me.

any and all help is appreciated.
2006 Power Wagon Quad Cab Manual Moto Rims stock size, Cooper ATP, Dynatrac Ball joints, Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs, AmSteel blue 7/16 x 100' synthetics rope from Custom splice, Sony BT 602 stereo and backup camera etc. Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks.

Special Licenses:
FAA Airframe and Power Plant
FCC Technician (Ham) KK6YCI

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

Robert A. Heinlein

chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: My PW makes a Bike Bell noise

Post by chromedragon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Finally I get my truck back tomarrow.

The bell noise was apparently a mis positioned heat shield on the transmission. it has been properly positioned and the noise is "gone" so now i get to take my toy home and see what kind of trouble i can find up in the Shasta area this weekend. Need to find some dirt and scuff up the tires some.

:cheers:
2006 Power Wagon Quad Cab Manual Moto Rims stock size, Cooper ATP, Dynatrac Ball joints, Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs, AmSteel blue 7/16 x 100' synthetics rope from Custom splice, Sony BT 602 stereo and backup camera etc. Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks.

Special Licenses:
FAA Airframe and Power Plant
FCC Technician (Ham) KK6YCI

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

Robert A. Heinlein

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Good for you! Glad it was easy. Enjoy your new ride!
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Nice when it is something simple. :mrgreen:
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)