If you own a 2015 PW and it's hesitating/surging...

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: If you own a 2015 PW and it's hesitating/surging...

Post by TankerZak » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 am

Reloaderguy wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:14 pm
TankerZak wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:22 pm
But you can go to another dealer and/or complain to FCA. If those are exhausted, yes you'd have to go the legal route. Rarely happens, usually its the on call guy at the desk and service manager will reverse it or service manager reverses course when FCA calls.
Bullshit, I'm going through it right now. I complained to FCA, they called the dealer, and then called me back and repeated word for word what the dealer told them (which was a complete lie). Further, if the dealer is really deep dicking you, they'll put it in the Star Case so the next dealer you go to will read it and tell you to get fucked. Fortunately for me the dealer I went to was too fucking stupid to enter anything into the Star Case. But I digress, your post is wishful thinking. You're your own warranty the very second the dealer doesn't want your (FCA's) business bad enough.
It's not wishful thinking, its the law. Sorry your getting screwed. I do really hope it works out for you in the end. I do understand the practical side of the law where its often more important to avoid the cost of a lawsuit. A 2k fix doesn't justify a 20k lawsuit unless your a big corporation and can afford it to set the trend of making sure the little guy gives up first. I was trying to make the point of know your rights and push for it. I see a lot of posts on various forums and pages like... i don't want to change tire size and void my warranty. There is a middle ground for sure and dealers are shaddy. You seem to have fallen outside of "usually" and into "rarely" and that sucks. But I'd hate to see the other trend where shops close down and mods go away and you can only go to the dealer because anything else voids warranty. That's not healthy for the industry either.
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Reloader, has the dealer brought up anything about you doing the oil changes and not them, and using something other than the mopar oil?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am

olyelr wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 pm
Reloader, has the dealer brought up anything about you doing the oil changes and not them, and using something other than the mopar oil?
No, never. I'm taking it to another dealer next Monday. They're going to fix it, I have a serious contact there and they know what has been going on.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm

olyelr wrote:
This is one of the most persistent, never really thought out "I don't want to void my warranty claims" people cite on the internet about not changing their oil themselves or using something better.

Think about this, no warranty can force you to have the dealer do all of the service work, especially on an oil change. What if I go to Jiffy Lube routinely? Secondly, they'd have to prove it, by draining your oil, sending out a sample, and having it validated that it's not XYZ and that XYZ is the root cause of said problem.

Stupid concern. Although ReloaderGuy is dealing with typical dealer BS, that is quite possibly the weakest BS they could pull out of their asshole. And the most difficult to prove.

A lot easier to just deny there is any problem at all. Or that it's not their fault.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:54 pm

MikeKey wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm

A lot easier to just deny there is any problem at all. Or that it's not their fault.
...or claim the original problem I brought the truck in for has been fixed.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

MikeKey wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm
olyelr wrote:
This is one of the most persistent, never really thought out "I don't want to void my warranty claims" people cite on the internet about not changing their oil themselves or using something better.

Think about this, no warranty can force you to have the dealer do all of the service work, especially on an oil change. What if I go to Jiffy Lube routinely? Secondly, they'd have to prove it, by draining your oil, sending out a sample, and having it validated that it's not XYZ and that XYZ is the root cause of said problem.

Stupid concern. Although ReloaderGuy is dealing with typical dealer BS, that is quite possibly the weakest BS they could pull out of their asshole. And the most difficult to prove.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was just curious, though... you never know what they might come up with next.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

Sweet5ltr
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Sweet5ltr » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:39 am

Well, I'll put this here.

I had a 2002 Corvette Z06 drop a valve pulling out of a parking space, valve spring was in two pieces. Warranty covered it, as I had service records showing a proper oil change history.

That same Corvette left me stranded 3-times, 'service column lock'. Dealer said there is no fix from GM, they simply reflashed / cleared codes and told me to pick it up. I fixed it for $60 myself by going with an aftermarket solution.

Another trip to the dealer as it was showing a check engine light, code was for a cylinder running lean. Dealership stated because I had a K&N air filter assembly, that they would not cover the problem. If I purchased a factory air-box assembly, they would diagnose it (cost of air-box + another deductible fee). Cost me $100 for them to tell me they couldn't fix it, as that is what my deductible was. Lean code went away when I cleared it and never returned.

On the other hand, my father has a 1999 Suburban with a 7.4 w/ 4L80E (2500 HD 4x4), it has over 260k miles (purchased around 100k miles, absolute mint, every option for only $8,000 in 2008/2009, it was $50,000+ new). Only issue it's had up to this point was a fuel pump around 230k miles (we just replaced the physical pump and not the assembly), and it ate a lifter at around 240k miles (lifter was nearly gone), he installed another OEM cam & lifter set, changed the oil, and it's been good for another 20k+ miles so far. Still has good oil pressure. So, $500 - $600 in repairs for ten years of driving and 260,000 miles.

I don't know what to say, we're really rolling the dice with warranties now. I doubt many of our vehicles will ever make it to 200,000+ miles without being totaled in this era of cell phones / distracted drivers / 'accident forgiveness'.
2015 PW - 285/75r17 Yokohama Geolander G015's

37's and some :cash: to Thuren when the warranty expires :patriot:

NickTF
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by NickTF » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am

To be honest the oil question wasn't completely without merit. Before they replaced my cam/lifters I was nervous that I recently switched from penzoil to mobile and from a mopar filter to a mobile filter to see if noise quieted before I took truck in for replacement. There is alot of talk here and throughout the net which focuses on what should be and perhaps not enough which focuses on what actually happens. I've heard some of the most stupid shit come out of dealerships in my 38 years. "Power wagon isn't meant to be used in sand and mud"...."the winch cable snapped we can replace winch for $4,000 [the cable pulled out of crimp lug, I repaired myself easily]"...."the truck bed is off center due to using the truck as not intended offroad"......"failing valve train sound is normal"....."EGR despite being attached directly to power train is not covered by power train warranty"..... and that's just with this truck over the last three years. I avoid dealerships with folks I don't know like plagues because of a combination of dishonest corporate policy and incompetent/uncaring staff. There are gems in the industry but like rubies and diamonds, are difficult to find. I'm thankful for resources like BLM and other members who understand these things.

p.s. After coolant/reservoir was replaced they gave me a full print out of all work done to date and the update was in fact done as specified by the OP. I will order an egr valve/gasket soon and report how that works.

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Got to love dealers. I have uneven wear on one front tire, and since I am at 14K miles I have to pay for alignment even though the condition existed will before obviously, from the factory. But the managed to install all new clearance lights because they found one cracked...??? Noticed it on the invoice when I got home.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 am

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm
Got to love dealers. I have uneven wear on one front tire, and since I am at 14K miles I have to pay for alignment even though the condition existed will before obviously, from the factory. But the managed to install all new clearance lights because they found one cracked...??? Noticed it on the invoice when I got home.
Alignments are treated differently... The assumption is that you could hit a mega pothole or "something" hard enough to mess up the alignment. They ASSume that the alignment was correct from the factory. :secret:

BTW - I check my tire wear every 6 months or so to make sure that i don't have a wear issue or need to rotate. I don't rotate on a schedule, but instead use the tire wear patterns to tell me if a rotation is needed.
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Bill2014 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 am

Alignments are treated differently... The assumption is that you could hit a mega pothole or "something" hard enough to mess up the alignment. They ASSume that the alignment was correct from the factory. :secret:
Its not just an alignment issue necessarily... especially if it is just one tire. I would suspect something else, like a wheel bearing or ball joint issue.

That reminds me, my upper ball joints had play at just a few thousand miles... Im now at a touch over 19K, I should check them again.