New Carli Stablizer Sneak Peak!

Heavy Duty Parts for Heavy Duty Trucks

Moderator: Skyd Ram

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

New Carli Stablizer Sneak Peak!

Post by Skyd Ram » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Another awesome product sneak peak from the wizards at Carli Suspension!

Fresh from the lab!

This is a prototype stabilizer shock that Sage has been working. It uses a stainless steel body, anodized aluminum mounts with FK rod ends and a nitride hardened steel shaft. This will be a Carli exclusive part that offers the ultimate in corrosion resistance. This new part will have to see some extensive testing before Carli will stamp it done.

Pricing won't be much more that the Bilstein based clear powdercoated stabilizers that are already offered. We'll keep you posted as to when these will be available although it won't be very soon.

2012 PW ST
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: New Carli Stablizer Sneak Peak!

Post by 2012 PW ST » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Very cool. Thanks for the preview George. Sounds like it will be durable.

Definitely a good idea...especially for those of us with stabilizers that will see all kinds of winter salt, lava rock and grime.
2012 Power Wagon ST
"Born at the junction of form & function"
Carli suspension/steering/Bilstein 5100s|Ranch Hand bumpers/headache rack/rails|Factory spray in bedliner|35/12.5/17 BFG KM2s on factory alloys|Lightforce 240 Blitz HIDs|"chassis cab auxiliary switch bank mod"|Highway Products toolbox|Cobra 75 CB|PROUD AMERICAN FLAG

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 am

2012 PW ST wrote:Very cool. Thanks for the preview George. Sounds like it will be durable.

Definitely a good idea...especially for those of us with stabilizers that will see all kinds of winter salt, lava rock and grime.
Yeah,
This is a good starting point for a possible future for a stainless shock line up. But like all things Carli it will have to be tested and proven before any steps are taken towards production.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:47 am

They would corner the market in my neck of the woods. The rust belt people would sure like a nice shinny SS shock, to look & perform like new for more than 1 year.

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:31 am

Looks awesome. When my factory stabilizer goes out I'll be upgrading to this :rockon:
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:09 pm

They've got a few in testing right now. One is on a truck that spends a lot of time on the beach. The other was tied to rope and tossed into the ocean an tied to the pier. So far the stainless body and the shaft are holding up great. Obviously the bearings on the ends are showing some signs of corrosion but that is generally combated with a little squirt of WD40 from time to time.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Skyd Ram - Here is a question: Is there any way that they could make a SSteel bolt type deal with the taper, so this could be used on trucks like mine with the old Y style steering ? I am really digging these but they prob wont work on my truck.

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 pm

TwinStick wrote:Skyd Ram - Here is a question: Is there any way that they could make a SSteel bolt type deal with the taper, so this could be used on trucks like mine with the old Y style steering ? I am really digging these but they prob wont work on my truck.
Unfortunately even with the correct mounting adaptors, the attachment points on the older steering setup is a bit too short for a stabilizer like this as well as the Bilstein 7100 that they currently use.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 pm

:angry: Knowing this, the factory replacement part will probably be $500 !!!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 pm

TwinStick wrote::angry: Knowing this, the factory replacement part will probably be $500 !!!
About $160. That's what I paid for mine when I did the 'T' linkage up grade.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:15 am

Skyd Ram wrote:They've got a few in testing right now. One is on a truck that spends a lot of time on the beach. The other was tied to rope and tossed into the ocean an tied to the pier. So far the stainless body and the shaft are holding up great. Obviously the bearings on the ends are showing some signs of corrosion but that is generally combated with a little squirt of WD40 from time to time.
So does that mean we should be spraying WD40 on our current Carli bearings?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am

:secret: Nope, Fluid Film !!! LOL :poke:

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:13 pm

TwinStick wrote::secret: Nope, Fluid Film !!! LOL :poke:
LOL! Can we use that on the exposed tie rod and draglink threads?

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:21 pm

AceMan wrote:
If you live anywhere that uses salt on the roads in the winter or you live near the ocean I would spray everything made out of metal with Fluid Film, WD40, Etc......... :cash:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 pm

AceMan wrote:
Yes you can. It is Lanolin based. You guys REALLY need to read up on that shit. Good stuff. Won't harm rubber or plastic or o-rings

http://www.fluid-film.com/

http://www.theruststore.com/Fluid-Film- ... 4AodmQ0Apw

:cheers:

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks, gentlemen. With all the salt we get in MI, NY, PA, and the rest of the northern states and Canada, we need a 5 gallon bucket of that stuff. :D

I'm ordering 2 spray cans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 pm

They go quick. You should order a case.

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Thu May 08, 2014 11:53 pm

TwinStick wrote:Skyd Ram - Here is a question: Is there any way that they could make a SSteel bolt type deal with the taper, so this could be used on trucks like mine with the old Y style steering ? I am really digging these but they prob wont work on my truck.
***UPDATE***

Carli now has this stabilizer available for the trucks with the older Y-style steering. It runs $299 and comes with a new anodized billet clamp and hardware. We are running one on Tommy's (employee) '08 Hemi 2500 with great success!

http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Dodge-Susp ... -p836.html

George