Heavy Duty Parts for Heavy Duty Trucks

Moderator: Skyd Ram

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

Post by Skyd Ram » Fri May 09, 2014 12:40 am

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry that I haven't been around much in a while but things have been pretty crazy in 8LUG world!

Over the course of the last year and a half we have sold our house in the Detroit suburbs and relocated 250 miles north to beautiful Traverse City in northern Michigan. This undertaking took a lot more work than I had even thought as we had to sell a home, buy a home, find my wife a new job (she's a teacher), uproot my son from school, buy a building for the business (commercial rentals in an affluent vacation town were expensive and hard to come by), move 6 trailer loads of household goods and 5 trailer loads of business stuff.

While all this was going on the employee that had planned on making the move up ending up changing his mind at the last minute. So I was running the business by myself while making 500 mile round trips every weekend with an overloaded truck and trailer not to mention loading and unloading it. Also during this time I had expected business to slow down a bit but it actually got busier. Not the worst thing that could happen but definitely strained the time that I could spend with he family or relaxing.

Loaded down every Friday night after closing for the 4.5 hour trip north:

My view every Monday morning watching the sun come up after I jumped on the road headed south at 4:30 AM:

The old shop emptied out:

The new shop right after getting the keys. 8LUG occupies the office on the right as well as most of the shop area behind it. The section on the left is currently empty and I plan to either rent it out in the future or use it for another business venture (http://www.JK-Gear.com):

After getting everything moved up here I was able to hire another employee (Tommy) who has an 08 Hemi 2500:

Here's a pic of the shop area after we gutted it out and started moving things in:

A silly pic that we took today for "Tow Mirror Thursday". Tommy's truck is on the right and the truck on the left is our latest project/shop beater. More about that later:

One of the main reasons for the move up here is that over the last 10 years we spent most weekends in the winter driving up here for snowmobiling trips due to the much better snow fall. It would figure that this year was a record year for the area and although it made for a some great riding it also came with a serious amount of time and money spent clearing snow at the house and the shop:

So now that we have most of the shop up to speed and Tommy is carrying his weight I should have more time to spend on the forums like PWR!

I also picked up this new project pretty cheap and it has enough miles and body damage that I won't be to concerned taking it down some nasty trails. Surprisingly other than the winch missing everything works right down to the lockers and Smart Bar! The truck has 223K on it and has spent most of it's life towing small trailers and general farm work.

Stay Tuned for some cool stuff planned for this rig!

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'M BACK!!!!!!!

Post by ldgregory » Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 am

Nice! Congrats on the PW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

SilverWagon05

Post by SilverWagon05 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 am

Damn, that's one hell of a year and half! Welcome back to the :winchmob: as an owner now. Very nice 4G too! :rockon:
05 Silver QC Power Wagon / Auto
Pure Performance long arms, 6" Thuren soft ride coils, Walker Evans 2.0 Front and Fox 2.0 rear shocks, HD adj. track bar, 37/13.5/17 Toyo Open Country M/T's, 17x9 Moto Metal 951-black, dual-modified Amp Power steps, Custom rock sliders and front and rear tube bumpers, rear lower quarter panel delete, Challenger Narrow truck box - black, AEM Brute Force CAI, SC Flashpaq, Flowtech shorty headers, Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-Back (chopped), Line-X Bed liner, Locker bypass, Black locking Billet Gas filler door, WeatherTech smoked inchannel vent visors & floor liners, Recon LED smoked cab lights, smoked LED 3rd brake light, smoked LED tail lights, smoked projector headlights, Viair constant duty OBA, DOR steering box brace, PowerStop drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, Spicer Life series front axle u-joints, DOR sway bar links, DOR steering linkage, Borgeson steering shaft and steering gear, PSC Hydro-assist, Thuren adjustable shackles, leaf spring bracket modification, coil retainer modification, Spyntech Shorty Free Spin conversion, custom long travel heavy duty front drive shaft, Rock crusher rear diff cover, Carli front diff guard, Masterpull synthetic winch rope, 2-6" KC 130w Longrange lights behind the grill, 100w fog lights, 55w floodlights mounted on rear bumper, High/Low/Fog all-on mod, Pioneer head unit, MTX Thunderform with 2-10's, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Timbren SES.

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by BANGG » Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 pm

I love Tommy's desk! Looks like a very comfortable work space to me!

Nice bevy of trucks as well!
"The more people I meet the more I like my dog's"
"Public lands means public access"
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon

bstefanic
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by bstefanic » Fri May 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Nice $25k desk

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old '06 PW (Sold)- BDS Long Arm Kit, 37" Interco M16's, ATX Cornice Wheels, DT Pro Fab steering box brace, Dynatrac Ball Joints, SY Eliminated Transfer Case, Custom Tom Wood's DS, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs

'13 Cummins - 4.56s, front ARB locker, Thuren Alien Arms, Stage 6 king 3.0's, LT leafs, 40"s on Trail Ready's

Mr.Smith
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Mr.Smith » Thu May 22, 2014 4:10 pm

I know your busy, but hows the wagon coming?(aside from faux bullet holes)

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Mr.Smith wrote:I know your busy, but hows the wagon coming?(aside from faux bullet holes)
Currently just sitting in the shop leaking PS fluid everywhere while I get together parts to fix some of the daily drivers issues.

Mr.Smith
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Mr.Smith » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Haha! Good luck Sir!

fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by fyrfytr704 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Hey man, I hope that all is going well and that you're all settled in by now. I am looking to put a free spin kit on my truck, and really like the SpynTec kit. I see that you offer Dynatrac, but was wondering of you also have the SpynTec kits. Let me know if you've got em... I'd rather support a vendor on this site than some random parts house.
2008 PW - stock with the exception of CAI, Superchips tune, LED tail lights, bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rug, swing case, and a black magic e-fan with override switch (for now). Now accepting donations for lift and tires!

Skyd Ram
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Skyd Ram » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 pm

fyrfytr704 wrote:Hey man, I hope that all is going well and that you're all settled in by now. I am looking to put a free spin kit on my truck, and really like the SpynTec kit. I see that you offer Dynatrac, but was wondering of you also have the SpynTec kits. Let me know if you've got em... I'd rather support a vendor on this site than some random parts house.
Sorry,
But we only do the Dynatrac and the Yukon kits. I prefer the Dynatrac kit over all others and we tend to stock a lot of Dynatrac stuff so guy don't have to wait around for stuff like this.

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BlkWgn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:42 pm

Welcome back and congrats on the new place
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:38 am

Well how has business been, George?!

How is the longbed wagon coming?!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:01 am

Hey, is that your black pw on craigslist?!

If so, it dosnt look like you got too far with it :lol:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot: