Page 18 of 20

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:42 pm
by SheepdogOutdoorsman
I eventually plan on a slide in bed camper though, and I'm curious as to how they'd hold up with a loaded bed on long trips.

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 pm
by 2wagons1driveway
SheepdogOutdoorsman wrote:I eventually plan on a slide in bed camper though, and I'm curious as to how they'd hold up with a loaded bed on long trips.
probably fine if their still d rated and over 3300lb rating each. Has anyone actually experienced tire failures while loaded heavily (not being sarcastic just never heard of it happening from anyone I know)


Sent from somewhere your not

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:55 pm
by SheepdogOutdoorsman
2wagons1driveway wrote:
SheepdogOutdoorsman wrote:I eventually plan on a slide in bed camper though, and I'm curious as to how they'd hold up with a loaded bed on long trips.
probably fine if their still d rated and over 3300lb rating each. Has anyone actually experienced tire failures while loaded heavily (not being sarcastic just never heard of it happening from anyone I know)


Sent from somewhere your not
I'm just not sure if I should go with AT's or MT's. I want MT's, but I don't want to wear them out in 15,000 miles either ... Hmmm

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:18 pm
by 2wagons1driveway
Ha ha welcome to my dilemma. Mts do come in handy but do I need them...for 70% of my driving on the street and wheeling no. For the other 30% yes lol hard to walk away from 30%. Hense why an aggressive all terrain is appealing.


Sent from somewhere your not

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 pm
by gun45boat
2wagons1driveway wrote:Ha ha welcome to my dilemma. Mts do come in handy but do I need them...for 70% of my driving on the street and wheeling no. For the other 30% yes lol hard to walk away from 30%. Hense why an aggressive all terrain is appealing.


Sent from somewhere your not

AT's :wink:

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:17 am
by gun45boat
YES!!!!! I have experienced a tire failure due to heavy weight, and it is NOT fun to have a blow out on the highway with a fully loaded truck camper on the bed, towing an enclosed trailer with 2 rock crawlers inside. Speed is the killer when weighted down. The tire that came apart on me was a Pro-comp extreme AT load range E on a 18" wheel. handled the weight REALLY well, but the damn things would heat up in a HURRY.... We were pushing 80mph,,,estimate trailer weight was 16,000 pounds loaded with about 1500 pounds on the tongue,,, camper in the bed was a Palomino SS1251 soft side POP weighing in at 1700 pounds,,,, Truck WITHOUT camper weighed in at 10,700... total rolling weight was about 28,000 pounds (truck and trailer) I figured if I kept it at 60-65mph I would have been OK,,,,but who the fuck wants to drive at 60-65mph

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:39 am
by 2wagons1driveway
Wow what were your tire pressures at?


Sent from somewhere your not

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59 am
by gun45boat
The PC Extreme TA's are load range E (35x12.50x18), but they only pumped up to 65psi (max rec. by manufacture) I will give them credit, they handled the weight REALLY well, and we took much care to load the trailer to evenly distribute the weight for the bumper pull. After a good run on the highway pulling, I pulled over for diesel when I decided to reach down and touch the tire,,,, I was REALLY surprised to feel so much heat!!!!! after the blow out, I replaced the tire (and my underwear after shitting myself trying to bring the parade to a stop))))))with a matching spare and kept it at 65mph for the remainder of the 900 miles trip with NO issues...

Needless to say, I will NOT be going back to PC tires... I will be going with a Toyo next

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:37 pm
by gun45boat
Hey 05, have you had issues with your ball joints yet??

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:45 pm
by 2wagons1driveway
X2 on that


Sent from somewhere your not

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:08 am
by 05PWrockcrawler
I did but replaced them with Dynatracs earlier this year before my Moab trip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:43 pm
by gun45boat
JEFF!!!!!!! You have GOT to post the pics of your recent Carnage for all to enjoy in this forum LOL DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:07 pm
by 05PWrockcrawler
Carnage this weekend wheeling at hidden falls adventure park. Easy 3 foot stepper took out my rear center section!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436144852.188580.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436144836.099936.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436144812.605788.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:09 pm
by 05PWrockcrawler
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436144954.643512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436144941.394641.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436144913.676739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:50 pm
by nts007
Aaaaagghhh. So front wheel drive it is

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am
by 05PWrockcrawler
Drove 240 miles back home with front wheel drive! I Ned to know the pinion angle of Power Wagon so I can try to turn my center section down and weld tubes back up and change diff fluid and axle seals and see if that will work as a cheap fix for now! While I gather stuff for 11.5 swap.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:29 pm
by gun45boat
EPIC!!!!!!! You know we had this discussion in Moab about welding up your center section;););););) Just sayin' Your New "trail Slut" BULLETPROOFED D-shaft is on its way... I am sure that on of these kind folks will be able to measure their pinion angle and get you hooked up with the degree..

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:24 pm
by 05PWrockcrawler
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969832.340820.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969816.458649.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969780.821755.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969744.384242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:26 pm
by 05PWrockcrawler
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969995.135186.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969975.398511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969961.997299.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969951.532553.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440969871.145672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm
by 05PWrockcrawler
It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:06 pm
by 2wagons1driveway
Is that an 11.5?


Sent from that big land mass the rest of the world hates

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 am
by 05PWrockcrawler
Nope Colibri sold me his and put in an 11.5 with arb air lockers and 5.13 gears. I want to do that upgrade so bad but wife says no more money into truck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:25 am
by 05PWrockcrawler
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441207518.032085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am
by 05PWrockcrawler
Well she made it 522 miles to work in Louisiana wooohooo. No leaks and I pulled 12.8 miles per gallon out of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

Re: 05 PW upgrades!!

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:26 pm
by 2wagons1driveway
Nice!!


Sent from that big land mass the rest of the world hates