New From Iowa

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: New From Iowa

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Countryman93 wrote:so about a month ago I switch jobs, I now work at a Chrysler jeep dodge dealership. the guys there love my truck and everyone accually knows what a powerwagon is. now my boss wants the truck on his lot but its hard to sell since I owe 10300 still but anyways. we got a 2013 PW in Thursday and I can honestly say that hands down I would take my 3rd gen over the new 4th gen anyday. the sit so low and I see what you guys mean about light output on them I drove the 4th gen for 2days and I was happy to get back into my truck.
I went from a modified 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi (hence the user name) to my 2012 Power Wagon, so I think I can speak to some of this comment. The 3rd Gen Power Wagon is about 2" taller than a stock 2500, where a 4th Gen Power Wagon is probably around 1" taller than a standard HD. The 3rd Gens are a lot more tire friendly as they allow 35" tires with no lift while I don't see that happening on a 4th Gen. I think what hurts the 4th Gen is the low hanging bumper more than anything. That being said, the ride and comfort in my 2012 is worlds beyond my 2004. I think the biggest improvement we will see is the 6.4L Hemi over the 5.7L Hemi. Regardless of which Wagon you prefer (3rd or 4th Gen) there isn't any other truck on the market from the factory that is better.
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 am

Personally, i am greatly anticipating the new 2014 model. Wish i could afford to get a 10th yr anniv edition. On paper, it has all the makings to make a great truck even better. We will have to wait & see though. I REALLY hope i am wrong here but i say: get one while you still can. Too much parts sharing with regular 2500/3500's. Soon, it may be phased out. Once the elec rear locker is avail on any 2500/3500, you might see the PW go the way of the Dodo bird. Thats what usually happens once they finally get it right. Just sayin. :wink:
Last edited by TwinStick on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 pm

TwinStick wrote:Personally, i am greatly anticipating the new 2014 model. Wish i could afford to get a 10th yr anniv edition. On paper, it has all the makings to make a great truck even better. We will have to wait & see though. I REALLY hope i am wrong here but i say: get one while you still can. Too much parts sharing with regular 2500/3500's. Soon, it may be phased out. Once the elec rear locker is avail on any 2500/3500, you might see the PW go the way of the Dodo bird. Thats what usually happens once the finally get it right. Just sayin. :wink:
I remember reading on here and Dodge Talk about the Power Wagon going away with the 4th Gen Body. I don't think you'll see the Power Wagon go away any time soon. At least, that is my hopes.
Gone but Never Forgotten
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Post by myoung84 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Didn't I read somewhere that they were going to have a winch option on the regular 2500 Hemi? Between that and the electric locker being available on a regular truck what's the point in even having a Power Wagon option? The only advantage is going to be a front locker and electronic sway bar disconnect which can be done manually pretty easily.

It will be very unfortunate if they go this route. Whether it's a huge seller or not, I think it's good to have in the lineup. I know it's not apples to apples, but this would be similar to ford offering some of the raptor options on regular trucks and phasing it out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:43 am

myoung84 wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that they were going to have a winch option on the regular 2500 Hemi? Between that and the electric locker being available on a regular truck what's the point in even having a Power Wagon option? The only advantage is going to be a front locker and electronic sway bar disconnect which can be done manually pretty easily.

It will be very unfortunate if they go this route. Whether it's a huge seller or not, I think it's good to have in the lineup. I know it's not apples to apples, but this would be similar to ford offering some of the raptor options on regular trucks and phasing it out.

I don't recall reading anything about a winch on a non Power Wagon Hemi, but I could have missed that too. It would be a shame to see the Power Wagon go away, but with the switch to 4.10 gears it may be a sign of things to come.
Gone but Never Forgotten

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:08 pm

we had a 2014 hemi 2500 in the shop on Friday and he had a winch in the front bumper kept telling everyone it was factory and a powerwagon. lucky our dealership is very familiar with our wagons, and settled that it was not a powerwagon( no lockers and toys, he just had a winch) no body knows if it was bought from factory that way or if he was one of the guys that is a wanna be PW owner lol
05 Dodge Powerwagon

315/70/17 Hancook ATMS on 17x8 black rock series wheels
bully dog gt tuner, high performance injectors, K&N intake
straight pipe exhaust, 5% tint front and sides with 20% rear
cobra cb with 4ft firesticks

JBM Power Wagon
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by JBM Power Wagon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:53 am

I've read a couple of articles with Ram truck people where they talk in detail about the new 2014 PW. One was in either Four Wheeler or Petersons. From the articles it sounds like the PW is not going anywhere. They did say it wouldn't be available until early 2014. Maybe they are just a bit delayed. I sure hope they keep making them. In 3-4 years I will have 200,000km on mine and will be looking to buy a new PW.
Loving my 3/4 ton version of my old Jeep TJ!!!!!

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 am

myoung84 wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that they were going to have a winch option on the regular 2500 Hemi? Between that and the electric locker being available on a regular truck what's the point in even having a Power Wagon option? The only advantage is going to be a front locker and electronic sway bar disconnect which can be done manually pretty easily.

BINGO !!!!! Hope i am wrong, but that is exactly what i am saying. I also read that about the winch somewhere. My thoughts exactly: If a rear locker & winch is avail as an option on reg Rams, then what is the point, from a business sense, to continue the PW ? By doing so, they could save money bigtime. Just sayin'.

I paid 38k + trade for my wagon. New trucks are 50/60/70k. They can't be selling as many as they used to at those prices. I seriously doubt i will ever be able to buy another one.

fbenross
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by fbenross » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:53 am

If they discontinue the PW ....Will skid plates be an option ? and I like the disconnecting sway bar a lot....Will it say PW on the truck ? It won't have the Pedigree !!! It won't be a PW. :roll:
Ben CW3 2/10th AIR CAV FT ORD CA. (retired)
2006 Power Wagon-6spd, rear air bags, Diff Guards:Carli F. RockCrusher R., matching rim for spare tire, removed back seat for storage----I own the following: 2005 Hallmark pop-top Camper---1970 Scout 800 4x4 w/232ci 6cyl 4spd---2006 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport---Pictures @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerwagon/collections

Trouble Maker
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Trouble Maker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 pm

TwinStick wrote:

BINGO !!!!! Hope i am wrong, but that is exactly what i am saying. I also read that about the winch somewhere. My thoughts exactly: If a rear locker & winch is avail as an option on reg Rams, then what is the point, from a business sense, to continue the PW ? By doing so, they could save money bigtime. Just sayin'.

I paid 38k + trade for my wagon. New trucks are 50/60/70k. They can't be selling as many as they used to at those prices. I seriously doubt i will ever be able to buy another one.
If you click on applications it shows the winch as available even on 2wd trucks.... http://www.mopar.com/part/68066668AA?s= ... 1704&b=ram
Russ
Black 09 purchased Dec 21/13
180K kms on the clock

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:49 pm

update time on my day off...
so we found out that we are having twins :? a boy and a girl so I cant be to upset lol so we will have 2 girls and a boy
well the powerwagon was up for sale because I wanted to get away from a truck payment with all this news of 2 babys on the way.
today she convinced me that we can get by even with keeping the truck but she said we have to take it out in the mud every other month or so haha
basically now im going to have the front end rebuilt and hopefully fix my heating problem my blend door and recirculation door are not functioning so once that is fixed im hopeing to get rims and then the hard part, a aftermarket bumper or the winch.... does anyone have leads on a used bracket of the winch and wireing?
05 Dodge Powerwagon

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:07 pm

bought the Bullydog GT tuner tonight of my cousin in law lol. ive never seen such a difference in just driving around let alone under a load. I now get 13.5 mpg compared to 10. ive never seen such an improvement and the best part is I spent $220 on it
05 Dodge Powerwagon

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 pm

fun at work
hard to see in this pic
05 Dodge Powerwagon

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:04 pm

so as some of you know I got new rims for my truck and well with 35s they rubbed do to backspacing so I went and got a leveling kit the fat bobs makes for the the powerwagon. its a 2inch kit and I was worried the front will be much higher then the rear but its accually only a 1/2 inch high so once everything settles back down should be about right now hopefully on Monday when I install my 35s they will fit

So now that shes all back together I decieded to flex it a bit to test it. so this is still with the sway bar connected and it looked a lot better in person
Last edited by Countryman93 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
05 Dodge Powerwagon

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Nice shop! Having a lift sure would help - that's a lot of wrenching! I know after I did mine the alignment was way off.

Sent via gigawatt laser...
I'm just along for the ride...

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 pm

yea we have 6 (2 pillar) lifts and 2 drive on lifts and the impact helped a lot haha the worst part was getting everything back together had to get a new bolt for the lower shocks and new bolt and nut for the trac bar..

and yea mine is way off but im not aligning it yet because mon or tues im putting on new wheel hubs, then I will align it
05 Dodge Powerwagon

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:13 pm

heres a pic of the 35s and new rims on the truck
05 Dodge Powerwagon

stubiePW
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by stubiePW » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Looks good. What level kit did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryman93
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Countryman93 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Fat bobs garage 2 inch spacers was $63 shipped to my door and a pain in the ars to install lol
05 Dodge Powerwagon

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:29 am

LOL... I have the IDENTICAL truck lift at our shop... its the 11K model just like yours....