Board index General Member Builds

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.

Re: Diesel PW Build Thread

Postby nts007 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:47 pm

40x40 with 12' ceiling. 3 doors. 12x10, 10x9 and a 9x7 inside between the workshop and the rest of the area.

I hope I wasn't confusing. I have the wagon frame and chassis still here at home. I'm heading 3.5hrs away to get a reg cab Long box 2500 cummins with no motor or tranny.
Last edited by nts007 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--bilstein 7100s--37" Nitto trail grapplers--DOR Long arms--Carli track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:03 pm

I got bored so decided to double up my ditch lights. Only because I had them and they have been sittin for 4 years in their box. But still brand new lol
Attachments
IMG_4674.JPG
IMG_4676.JPG
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--bilstein 7100s--37" Nitto trail grapplers--DOR Long arms--Carli track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:58 pm

This is what happens when I am actually home on a freaking nice day. Was 14°C today. And practically no wind. So it was a productive day.
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:04 pm

New project heading for home
Attachments
IMG_4686.JPG
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Made it home. Big shout out to my new pal billy. It's thanks to him that this project will finally get under way.

Quick spec. 07 2500 ctd reg cab 6spd manual. With no engine or transmission or tcase. All good. I will be starting a separate build thread for this one. And thanks to mikekey and you Moab guys I now have instagram and have uploaded the majority of the progress to date. I will also do the new build in instagram as well. Find me under this username or dpw37.

Now we carry on. Off on another road trip tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_4695.JPG
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Spent time today working on my onboard air setup. I had picked up an air ride compressor and controller awike ago but have done nothin with them. I did all the plumbing today but there was a storm moving in and wind picked up so I didn't get to the wiring or controller.
The way it's set I can either let the pump run the air bags or fill the air tank. Also with the lever adjusted to the tank fill position I can manually fill the bags from the shrader valve. Or fill the air tank from the second shrader valve. The air bags are always in a sealed condition regardless which way the lever is switched. The tank is an old one I've had for years and pretty much had everything i needed to do this with stuff I've collected or bought over the years. The only thing I didn't get to was an air hose quick connect. Which will draw from the air tank only. Hopefully next weekend is good and I can get the test finished up.

I actually started the day planning on doing the leaf spring swap. But after removing the first leaf from the truck I inspected the other leaves and saw that the bushing is really cracked up bad so i put everything back together. Thuren leaves it is. Wife gave me permission if I can sell the old hemi tranny I have here.
Attachments
IMG_4847.JPG
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Been awhile since I got anything done on this bad boy. Finally tackled the end of two projects. I eliminated my svc 4wd light and abs light. I also finished wiring up the controller for the air lift pump/gauge

IMG_4932.JPG

So after a careful disassembly I got the dash cluster out. Only to find no access to most of the bulbs from the back side. No matter I'll just pull the cover off and expose the bulbs and pull them from the front
IMG_4934.JPG

Well that just got me the stupid circuit board. And then to pull it off you need to take off the gauge needles!! Uh oh this just got more iffy
IMG_4937.JPG

Well that worked and exposed the lens.....and lo and behold. No bulbs. Leds on the circuit board!!! Ahhhh fuk
IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

So I had to come up with a solution. To block the lens. Tape? No. Sharpie?? No. How about some rustoleum??? Sure. But I couldn't spray it. So I used a piece of shrink wrap as a straw and proceeded to add drops of paint into the lens until it was fully coated. Let it dry and bingo. No light transfers through.
IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

Then I tackled the gauge for the air controller. Used my spare console cubby since I no longer have a electric 4wd switch and decided this was a good place for it. Used a piece of plexi as a cover plate and got it all figured and mounted up. It was less exciting. But it's all done up now and the pump inflates the bags and deflates right from the gauge. It's much slower than the external valves but it works in a pinch
IMG_4941.JPG

IMG_4943.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG
nts007
2000_Posts

Previous

Return to Member Builds