Diesel PW Build Thread

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Diesel PW Build Thread

Post by nts007 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:54 pm

I picked the amsoil and don valved to suit. What I have seen With my 7100s is when I did rebuilds the amsoil oil was always clean and clear after 20-30k km. Th bilstien oil was dark and dirty. And this time when I pulled the king oil it too was dark and dirty looking. I tend to believe amsoils claims they state about their oils as it would be hard to disprove and the evidence they do have suggests they are straight up with their products. Through the winters using amsoil you can tell it's fluid vs the stock bilstien. And the king. When the temps dropped below freezing the king oil felt hard as rock. Took about 10 min banging down the road for it to smooth out. You can tell the difference easily once the oil is flowing. The amsoil is smooth right from cold. That's evidence enough for me. Going from stock king oil to the amsoil was a drastic change. And don tightened up the valving a fair bit too
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm

So we've gotten some snow and freezing conditions (big surprise) and I can tell you this about the Nitto trail grapplers

They SUCK!!! Spin out on fresh snow. No traction on ice. Slide everywhere under braking. HOW THE HELL DO PEOPLE RUN THESE YEAR ROUND!!!!
It's stupid dangerous!

I have a new set going on in the next few days. I will never buy another set of the Nitto trails again. Wear way to fast. Crappy traction. And they are tearing apart.

Here's a comparison pic. The Nitto trails have about 25k km on them.
IMG_0963.JPG
The cooper st maxx have 60k km on them.
IMG_6279.JPG
Same drive same roads same speeds. I won't be buying toyo products ever again
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Problem solved. Finish wrecking the nittos next spring. Been snowing for days here now and hovering at the freezing line. Lots of ice. Much safer now.
Attachments
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG