My 06 need to take my time build.

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: My 06 need to take my time build.

Post by chromedragon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:32 pm

OK G56 Questions and drive shaft questions:

to be fair i have tried to do some googling and YouTube searching for the G56 but i cant seem to find the right words so i'm going to describe it here and see if any one can point me in the right direction.

on my G56 the driver side has a black tube like attachment that is bolted to the housing and leads to a metal tube that then goes into what i think is a wiring protective sleeve( black corrugated looking hose that you seem to find protecting the rest of the wires.) i want to know what this does, i suspect it is related to the reveres sensors, but i am seeing a bit of seepage of fluid out of it. no where near what the mess was from the shifter boot but you can see that there is an interesting pattern of dirt and fluid more on the metal tube leaving the black plastic part than around the attachment to the transmission housing. so what i need to know is what that part is called and or if i should be overly concerned about trying to get it fixed any time soon.

Second questions front drive shaft. I want to pull it and inspect it and properly grease the double cardan joint but i cant find the torque specs for the reinstall any place. Also what i have been finding is improper information for what bolt size is on the trans side of the drive shaft. What i have found is it was supposed to be 15mm but that i'm finding is too small i think its 9/16's but have not had a chance to verify. any reference to the info and or gotchas also would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2006 Power Wagon Quad Cab Manual Moto Rims stock size, Cooper ATP, Dynatrac Ball joints, Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs, AmSteel blue 7/16 x 100' synthetics rope from Custom splice, Sony BT 602 stereo and backup camera etc. Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks.

Special Licenses:
FAA Airframe and Power Plant
FCC Technician (Ham) KK6YCI

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

Robert A. Heinlein

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:53 am

The first component you're describing sounds like the slave cylinder. Here's a picture from the FSM:

Slave Cylinder.jpg
If it's just seeping, I would top off the clutch master cylinder with DOT 3 brake fluid and monitor it. If it's dripping to the ground, I would replace it (probable comes as a complete master cylinder, hose and slave cylinder assembly).

The torque specs for the front driveshaft are, 21 ft. lbs. at the front axle end and 65 ft. lbs. at the T-case.
The bolt head size at the T-case is 16mm or 5/8". The bolts at the front axle are a T-40 Torx and are a royal pain to remove. I would replace them with ARP #671-1004 bolts to make life easier.

Front Driveshaft.jpg
Follow the marking instructions before disassemble. I believe it's balanced as a mass assembly and reinstalling it the wrong way could cause vibration. Use Loctite #242 on all the bolts.

:patriot:

chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by chromedragon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:17 am

Thank you!!!
2006 Power Wagon Quad Cab Manual Moto Rims stock size, Cooper ATP, Dynatrac Ball joints, Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs, AmSteel blue 7/16 x 100' synthetics rope from Custom splice, Sony BT 602 stereo and backup camera etc. Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks.

Special Licenses:

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

Robert A. Heinlein

chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by chromedragon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:44 am

Well this will be the last post. The truck is sold. If any one in the southern calif area deals with or may be about to deal with JIm's auto sales feel free to private message me about my experience with them. it was less than positive on the back end.

Special Licenses:

Robert A. Heinlein