2012 New to Me!

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: 2012 New to Me!

Post by ghaugo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Got the Thuren parts (Track Bar and Short Arms) put on this weekend. Had it aligned to Thuren specs, and the truck is running very nicely. I did not notice much difference in the feel of the suspension, but I have not done any hard driving with it yet. My suspension was not worn out yet either. However, the quality in the parts from the factory to the Thuren stuff is remarkable. These arms and bar are very stout. I think they will be great. No more rubbing, and I can turn as sharp as I want now. Overall, I am very happy with having the bigger tires and the new parts!
IMG_2076.jpg
IMG_2078.jpg
Attachments
IMG_2078.jpg
2012 Power Wagon
Aluminess Rock Sliders, Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17, ARE Z-Series Topper, FilterMag GP101 (front and rear diffs), DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Skanda Kryptec Typhoon seat covers, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Volant CAI with Donaldson PowerCore Filter, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 am

ghaugo wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 pm
Got the Thuren parts (Track Bar and Short Arms) put on this weekend. Had it aligned to Thuren specs, and the truck is running very nicely. I did not notice much difference in the feel of the suspension, but I have not done any hard driving with it yet. My suspension was not worn out yet either. However, the quality in the parts from the factory to the Thuren stuff is remarkable. These arms and bar are very stout. I think they will be great. No more rubbing, and I can turn as sharp as I want now. Overall, I am very happy with having the bigger tires and the new parts!

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg
congratulations on the new suspension parts, I think you’ll be pleased with your decision!
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

bryanh416
Model Year: 2013

Post by bryanh416 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:35 pm

How do you like your topper? I've been thinking about getting one for my '13 and am leaning towards the ARE Z Series. Mind if I ask how much it ran you? Did you get any special features/add-ons? How is the visibility out the back?
Corsa DB Exhaust
Westin HDX Grille Guard
K&N Cold Air Intake
DiabloSport Trinity T1000
AVS Side Window Deflectors
DayStar 1" Leveling Kit
Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.50R17

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by ghaugo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 am

I really like the topper so far. The visibility is very good, pretty normal for a topper. There are only 2 things I think could be improved. The back window handle seems like it may be prone to failure, and the side vent windows are finicky about closing. The mechanism seems a little weak. Other than that, it looks very good, and it has made the truck much more useful for my needs.

I think I paid around $2,500 for mine. I got carpeted headliner and normal rear light. The add on's were expensive to go with more.

I see you're in ND too. I grew up in Fargo before I left for the Army. I go back every year once or twice to see my folks. Hope this info helps!
2012 Power Wagon
Aluminess Rock Sliders, Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17, ARE Z-Series Topper, FilterMag GP101 (front and rear diffs), DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Skanda Kryptec Typhoon seat covers, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Volant CAI with Donaldson PowerCore Filter, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com