Factory Ram Steel Beadlock wheels

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Re: Factory Ram Steel Beadlock wheels

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Pit Slave wrote:
DamageWagon wrote:
Pit Slave wrote:You may as well just go straight to 3.0's. it'll be easier and cheaper in the long run.

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
He has a new truck. Needs pintops. Or custom fab towers
I still stand by my statement. ;)

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
3.0's are preeeeetty niiiice

Duke
Model Year: 2014

Post by Duke » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:25 pm

3.0's will not pass through the frame rails on the 14+ Ram.

As far as the balancing goes they balanced with old school hammer on wheels weights; however, prior to putting a wheel together I weighed all the bolts with washers and nuts together. I took the weight of the lightest one and hit the others with a grinder until they were almost the exact weight. Plus when welding up the inner lips I completely filled the gap and ground it smooth. By doing these two things I think it helped tremendously with the balancing issue.

The truck blasts down the road with no shakes or shimmys. It rides better then my 37 inch Nittos on the factory wheels.

rkgzx9leftcoast
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by rkgzx9leftcoast » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm

WOW !! Truck came out awesome. Love the look it has, nice job! I have a 2016 tradesman, so its nice to see what others do with theirs! Let us know what you think of the Carli stuff..... I have Thuren, but still need to upgrade shocks.....
2016 Tradesman White, adding mods now, 37 Ridge Grapplers on Method Standards 17 x 8.5 x 5.75 BS, Thuren Overland front 1.5" Kit. SLT Grill, Mopar Steps. More Thuren stuff soon....

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Looks fantastic duke! As far as the shocks not passing through the frame, I believe both carli and thuren are hard at work on that issue. I've seen prototype cantilever setups for the rear that look AMAZING. If you're inclined to wait a bit those are coming down the pipeline. Otherwise may I suggest you go with either fox or king, bilstein makes great stuff, but service parts and knowledge/experience are rare as hens teeth. If you've got some kind of bilstein hookup then disregard, but it's been my experience king and fox are much more hands on and available to small customers. King being the better at customer service in my personal experience. Awesome work sir!
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks on all the positive comments. I am a loyal customer of Carli and believe that make the best stuff out there for Ram trucks. My last Ram was a deleted twin turbo 6.7 that had the unchained 3 inch kit. That truck was beyond badass but after the Power Wagons came out I knew I needed one. I wish Carli would get to work on more stuff for the new generation truck like bumpstops etc. patience I suppose. Fox is probably gonna get my buisness on the shocks. I really want either a bypass or an adjustable shock which Carli doesn't offer. I want to spend more time on the trails and less time blasting down washboard roads. Need a completely different shock for that purpose.

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Carli + Fox + bypasses = happy duke
Attachments
IMG_5294.JPG
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Broke Duke......

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:20 pm

$10-15,000 is the cost I have heard on cantilever setups like that. Extremely expensive. Just make a bed cage and new shock mounts and sacrifice your bed space haha.

Duke, as I said before, I would highly highly suggest doing research before committing to shocks. Talking about adjustable shocks already tells me there's things to learn. I was dead set on compression adjusters until Aaron at Thuren talked me out of them, and my engineer buddy at King said the same thing - they don't really do much on heavy trucks, and in fact induce more heat into the shocks because it's adding a valve stack. Not trying to come off as a dick here, you've got a sweet truck and good plans!

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:54 pm

I understand your concerns and maybe by using the term "adjustable" I created some confusion. I am building a do it all go anywhere rig. Like I have said in previous posts I am not a newbie to the off-road game. I have had several purpose built tube chassis rock crawlers and a few dirt trucks to include two separate fully built Ram 2500 diesels with every Carli part they make. I built and tuned these vehicles and they served their intended purposes. This time around I just want to go places I haven't been whether it is a trip to Moab or running the Telegraph trail in Colorado. With bypass shocks I can fine tune my shocks to the terrain I am in. With adjustments I can blast down dirt roads or slowly crawl around a trail. Just because our trucks are heavy doesn't mean they can't benefit from a tuneable shock.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:22 pm

^^^^^ comp adjusters might not do much, but bypass tubes definitely will. I love having them on the rear. If you can get bypasses on all 4 corners you will be set for a sweet ride! I believe both Fox and King have quick adjust knobs for their bypasses (at least 2.5's, not the larger ones). That's a nice option that keeps you from laying on the ground with a wrench and an Allen key.