Board index General Member Builds

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.

2006 Power Wagon Alaska Build

Postby Wilsonsinak » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:36 pm

I joined the Power Wagon forum recently. We purchased a stock 2006 Power Wagon to take wheeling and get the entire family out in the wood hunting.

The list of mods so far is short but I will update when we get more done.

So far I have installed Super Duty Bushwacker cut out flares. I have a set of 37X13 Boggers to run on the trail but I am looking at going with a set of 39's for now.

Here is the truck stock on 35's when we bought it.

During the install of the flares. I gained about 4 inches of room with the flares.

I read a write up where someone installed these flares and reshaped them to keep the flares off of the doors. I didn't want to do that so I just trimmed the flare so the door clears it when its opened fully. I really like how they turned out.

I like how the drivers side rear flare turned out with the fuel door opening.

After the boggers went on and headed out for a short trip with the wheeler and dirtbike.

Boggers on after the flares where installed.

I have a set of my buddies 42X15.5 Pitbull's in the garage so I mounted them up just too see how it would look with a massive tire on it. This picture is with the bed side cut for the flare just not installed yet.

With the 42's the truck is not driveable let alone able to be taken offroad. I need to build my long arm setup and move the front axle forward to make clearance for the big tires. For now I'll stick with the 37's until I come across a good deal on a set of used 39's for it.

Future mods include: Snorkel, Front Longarms, small 2-3 inch lift, led lights for the dark Alaska days, on board air, sliders, front and rear bumpers. More ideas will get added to the list as I research what other guys have done and where the weak points on the truck are.

Tim
Wilsonsinak

Re: 2006 Power Wagon Alaska Build

Postby Mule » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Definitely didn't skip leg day.... :lol:
Mule
250_Posts

Postby Bill2014 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:08 pm

You considering regearing for those huge tires?
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass

Moab 2006
Bill2014
500_Posts

Postby Wilsonsinak » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Bill2014 wrote:You considering regearing for those huge tires?

I am running 37X12.50's on the street and will be running 37X13 Boggers this summer unless I come across a deal on a set of 39's. Once I go with a 42-43" tires I will still daily drive the truck on 37-38's.

I was just test fitting these to take notes on where they hit so I could build the truck this winter to fit that size tire.

Tim
Wilsonsinak

Postby adeluca73 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:53 pm

Serious fender flares. Good list, that should occupy you during the winters.
2014 Ram PW SLT: Two tone Flame Red & Black
Completed Mods: Ram door sill guards, Front air deflector, WeatherTech slimline window deflectors, DiamondBack HD cover coated w/ Line-X, Mufflex MagnaFlow muffler & Resonator delete, Opti-Coat Pro 2.0, DeeZee tailgate strut, DeeZee ¼" fitted bed mat, Factor-55: FlatLink winch hook/Shorty Strap 3.0/Hitchlink 2.5, Warn Wireless Winch Remote, Locker by-pass, AEM dry filter, Truxedo LED bed lights wired into RamBox Connector, WhiteKnuckle sliders w/ full-length diamond plate coated in Line-X, Purple Cranium rear diff guard, AEV front/rear diff cover, AEV RAI w/ pre-filter, AEV ProCal (Bootleg'd), DOR Steering Box Brace, Phillips Hi intensity LEDs in cargo lamps & back-ups, triple anti-hop shocks, Truxx PW specific front 1.5" level, AAM 4.88's, custom black-out work, Line-X front/rear bumpers & wheel flares, 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Plasti-dip PW wheels Black w/ Gunmetal metalizer, FilterMag kit, AMP Research BedStep
Next Mods: Thuren: {Coils, Track Bar, Boggie Bumps, King 2.5's shocks} , on-board air, HID low CANBUS replacement, LED HI, BD LED fogs
adeluca73
2000_Posts

Postby adeluca73 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Wilsonsinak wrote:I joined the Power Wagon forum recently. We purchased a stock 2006 Power Wagon to take wheeling and get the entire family out in the wood hunting.

Where do you live in AK? Love it there, my favorite assignment yet!
2014 Ram PW SLT: Two tone Flame Red & Black
Completed Mods: Ram door sill guards, Front air deflector, WeatherTech slimline window deflectors, DiamondBack HD cover coated w/ Line-X, Mufflex MagnaFlow muffler & Resonator delete, Opti-Coat Pro 2.0, DeeZee tailgate strut, DeeZee ¼" fitted bed mat, Factor-55: FlatLink winch hook/Shorty Strap 3.0/Hitchlink 2.5, Warn Wireless Winch Remote, Locker by-pass, AEM dry filter, Truxedo LED bed lights wired into RamBox Connector, WhiteKnuckle sliders w/ full-length diamond plate coated in Line-X, Purple Cranium rear diff guard, AEV front/rear diff cover, AEV RAI w/ pre-filter, AEV ProCal (Bootleg'd), DOR Steering Box Brace, Phillips Hi intensity LEDs in cargo lamps & back-ups, triple anti-hop shocks, Truxx PW specific front 1.5" level, AAM 4.88's, custom black-out work, Line-X front/rear bumpers & wheel flares, 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Plasti-dip PW wheels Black w/ Gunmetal metalizer, FilterMag kit, AMP Research BedStep
Next Mods: Thuren: {Coils, Track Bar, Boggie Bumps, King 2.5's shocks} , on-board air, HID low CANBUS replacement, LED HI, BD LED fogs
adeluca73
2000_Posts

Postby Wilsonsinak » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm

adeluca73 wrote:
Wilsonsinak wrote:I joined the Power Wagon forum recently. We purchased a stock 2006 Power Wagon to take wheeling and get the entire family out in the wood hunting.

Where do you live in AK? Love it there, my favorite assignment yet!

I live in Anchorage. It is a great place to live.
Wilsonsinak

Return to Member Builds