DamageWagon's Build - 2011 "AdventureWagon"

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: DamageWagon's AdventureWagon

Post by nts007 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just because im Canadian
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:57 pm

nts007 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just because im Canadian
You Canukistanians always have weird stuff going on Image

Are your maps upside down like Australians?

Sent from my safe space

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by TankerZak » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:16 pm

I just need to know what to buy. I have the Midland 75-822 and a Lil Will antenna for CB and its perfect. Its removable and portable but works nice while installed. Just like something similar to that for HAM.
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

DamageWagon's AdventureWagon

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Read this then:
http://dodgetrucksxtreme.com/index.php?topic=6217.0

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007H4VT ... ref=plSrch

And maybe:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KC4PW ... ds=baofeng
NA-771

So if you're pissed off I only wasted $25 hahaha.
Sent from my safe space

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Got this far over the weekend before the circuit breaker on the welder finally died

ImageImage

Also got my spotlight wired up. Easiest wiring I've ever had to do, they just cut the power wire out. Bulb was still good! ImageImage

And of course, I smelt these down to make the filler wire to weld up the aluminum frame...

Looks like I need a bigger drill press Image

Sent from my safe space

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 pm

BTECH UV-5X3 5 Watt Tri-Band Radio: 130-179.99mhz (VHF), 220-225.99mhz (1.25M), 400-520.99mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham)
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 pm

And i read that DTX thread and I'm even more confused...

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 pm

TankerZak wrote:And i read that DTX thread and I'm even more confused...
That happens. Seriously, you're overthinking it though. Don't try to buy the best cheapie Baofeng. Just get the UV-5R and it will have more features than you will play with. Again, antenna trumps power. Also I have never heard of someone running a 1.25m radio. I know it's in use, but I wouldn't even pick that as my 5th choice. That might be a Marine band.

Sent from my safe space

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Well this week and the last have been very productive. I finished the design on my rock sliders and got them made. Test for them today and they went in exactly as expected. I used the White Knuckle mounting method. When I measured the mounts for the frame, it would be very hard to find any other way to mount them outside of the way WK uses, unless you weld them. I mean the mounting straps pretty much HAVE to go where the factory left space. They will sit a little higher and deeper into the truck when installed, but they definitely stick down and out more than I like. I might modify them down the road, but this is how they will be for our trip.

ImageImageImageImage

Also got my fire extinguishers in. 2.5lb units from Amerex, Monoamonium Phosphate dry chemicals. I considered using a Purple-K extinguisher since they are better on fuel fires, but k figured that if o have a small fuel fire the MAP will handle it, and if I have a big fuel fire it doesn't matter what extinguisher I have. I've used enough extinguishers on fires to know that they are completely useless on anything that's had more than a few seconds to burn.

Also got these bad boys in from Don

ImageImage

Couldn't find anyone with a spare tie rod, so I ordered the pieces from NAPA. They come with a lifetime warranty. I asked the guy if the warranty covered normal wear, he said no way. I asked if, a year or two down the road my joints start to get sloppy, he said of course! You can't make this stuff up...

Also got new upstream Oxygen sensors in. The Mopar ones were $50 each my price, and Nippon-Denso ones were $25 so I got the Densos. They are exactly identical to factory.

Also go our Dometic 65qt 12v fridge/freezer ordered. Can't wait to try that thing out!

Sent from my safe space

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey stop!! Before you install those shackles you have to change those zerks to 45°min or more... Mine came like yours and are nearly impossible to grease. I changed mine out on the truck to angled ones and it's all good now. It's weird because all thurens original pictures showed the bent zerks and they are coming with straight ones. Point them toward your thumb (the leaf pack). Otherwise it looks awesome!!
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:14 pm

nts007 wrote:Hey stop!! Before you install those shackles you have to change those zerks to 45°min or more... Mine came like yours and are nearly impossible to grease. I changed mine out on the truck to angled ones and it's all good now. It's weird because all thurens original pictures showed the bent zerks and they are coming with straight ones. Point them toward your thumb (the leaf pack). Otherwise it looks awesome!!
He may have changed the location of the zerk on yours compared to mine but do the angle and you won't regret it

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by RamGentry » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Someone can weld... :secret:

Nice progress not quite twin truck! :cheers:
If I start listing Mods I would have to change the list daily
My build thread http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=3593

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Thanks nts I will check that out. I'll shoot Don an email as well. That makes sense. That zerk will be way up there and pointed a little to the sky.

Thanks Gentry! I was putting in about 20 hour days last week since that was my last week at work. This week has so much going on and there's no way to get everything done.

Sent from my safe space

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:46 am

He did change the location of the zerks. Mine are higher on the tube, and shear off when REALLY flexed.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:27 am

I wish I had a welding buddy. And I wish he lived next door and I could bring him beers and he could help me fab a few things. I'm jealous.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

JD 500
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by JD 500 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:19 pm

MikeKey wrote:I wish I had a welding buddy. And I wish he lived next door and I could bring him beers and he could help me fab a few things. I'm jealous.
+1 :cheers:
2016 Laramie PowerWagon Granite Crystal Metallic
Mods: Weather techs + Window deflectors, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, FilterMags, Factor55 Flatlink and 2.5 Hitchlink, Carli Front Diff Guard, PCP Spider Rear Diff Guard. White Knuckle Sliders

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 pm

nice work d..maybe one day i can do the same with my lincoln mig..

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks guys! Still lots to do haha

w2dodge I love those 110v Lincolns. Aside from a TIG I would love to have one. They do everything except the big stuff.

Sent from my safe space

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Well today has been pretty horrible. I will upload the video when I figure out why it says it has a network error. Anyhow, I pulled my passenger bank valve cover off to watch the valves move during cranking. They all look to move the same. I didn't check the drivers side so maybe there is still damage, but I would think if one bank is good the other probably is too. I'll still see what the oil sample says.

So while removing the valve cover I bumped the air conditioning lines above it and guess I broke a seal or something. Refrigerant began spraying out of the bulkhead connector that meets at the firewall. Nothing I could do would stop it, and within a few minutes the system was empty. Image

I don't know what I did. Anyone have ideas? I can't fix it before we leave to move but need it fixed in two weeks.

Then, saw that my water pump was leaking from the gasket by one of the bolts. I thought I had a small seal leak but now I see there is a large leak. Hopefully that doesn't turn into something big for two weeks until I can just put in a replacement pump.

Then, to top things off, I removed my rotor and ABS sensor wire to see why my right front sensor stopped working and threw an ABS light. So I pull the connector and it's covered in grease (I greased it a month ago). Well, I clean the grease off and notice the tip of the sensor is abraded. I start cleaning the inside area out, wiping the tone ring with a q-tip, and every wipe shows metal flakes. Pretty good sized ones, like "holy crap that bearing is gone". But there's no play in the bearing, I can't move it by hand, no bad sounds or anything that give it away. Ideas?
ImageImageImageImage

Also the grease on the tone ring is now brown. It is Royal Purple grease, and the grease on the sensor was purple. I wonder why the color changed? I would only see it changing if it was under pressure but the tone ring shouldn't have any pressure points.

Sent from my safe space

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:59 pm

For the ac you might just need to change the o rings on the stubs of the pipes there. Just pull out the 10mm bolt and you swill see them. They are usually green. Hopefully you can get them
The water pump leak.....might be just the rubber seal ring as well but I would defiantly fix it. Maybe replace the pump. They arnt expensive and it's a 2-3hr driveway job.
The unit bearing....buy a spare and wait for it to go bad. It may last another 10-20k miles or much much less. They are easy to change just have to tools with you. 8" 3jaw puller and a socket for the retaining axle nut are the only two special things you need the rest is just reg socket set.
New unit bearings come with new sensors. And if you want I can mail one out to you tomorrow. I have 3-4 spares

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:16 am

Nts,

I hope you're right about the AC fittings. I looked at a parts diagram and Thad definitely possible. Hope that's what it is. It was stupid how little force it took to screw it up.

The water pump I knew I had a tiny leak I believed to be from the gasket. I've had a new gasket lying around for a while now, but since we were going on the trip I figured I would just replace he whole pump. Maybe I won't but it's fairly cheap.

The unit bearing will probably need to be addressed before we leave for the long trip. I would love if you could mail one. PM me how much you want for it. We are blowing through our "emergency" budget like a fat kid goes through sticks of butter. I might be buying EMF ball joints in the morning haha. When it rains it pours...

Sent from my safe space

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am

My bad I meant I have a bunch of spare sensors. I don't know if my 09 unit bearing will fit your truck and I know the 08s won't. But the sensors will. I can get a sensor out to you though

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks nts. Let me think about it. I'll probably buy a sensor/wire and install it when we get back from the move. Not having ABS isn't too big of a deal for me though.

Sent from my safe space

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14 am

I checked 3 sensors and they all have that same groove yours has. It's normal I guess

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:33 am

That's nice to know. I thought it might be the metal flakes between the tone ring and the tip wearing it down. Although that makes the clearance about .00005" lol. Thanks for checking!

Sent from my safe space