Board index General Member Builds

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.

Re: Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Postby rkgzx9leftcoast » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 am

Awesome. thanks for the pics
2016 Tradesman White ,adding mods now, 37 Ridge Grapplers on, Thuren Front end level kit on the way.
rkgzx9leftcoast
50_Posts

Postby hammer40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:39 am

Great pics. Nice truck!
2014 PW - Amp boards / Shorty antenna / Front tint / Roll-X bed cover / 35" BFG's on Black Rhino Tanneys +12 Offset / Truxxx 1.5
hammer40
50_Posts

Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Postby yellowranger1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks, it was a great time, hoping to be back out in the trails next week...

Truck hit 12,000 mi, and I decided to try this stuff and an ea filter since it seems to have solid reviews by many on here. Ticking on initial startup seems to be gone, so I'm happy about that.

I think next big service item will be new diff fluid. I've seen anywhere from 15-20mi recommended for diff service, what seems to be the general consensus? I figure it can't hurt to do it a little early since it has seen a bit of use in 4x4, might relocate the breathers while I'm at it as well.
yellowranger1
50_Posts

Postby nts007 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:59 pm

I've been running amsoil severe gear in both diffs for the last 200k km. I've changed the rear twice and the front once. I check the oil every 20k km and the rear was changed at 90k km and I did the front change at 150k km.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--bilstein 7100s--37" Nitto trail grapplers--DOR Long arms--Carli track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist
nts007
2000_Posts

Postby stubiePW » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:38 pm

I've done my front and rear diffs every 25k miles. I did my last one about 15k miles ago at 50k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stubiePW
500_Posts

Postby yellowranger1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:11 am

Cool, sounds like I have some miles left before spending the money on gear oil. Maybe I'll do diff covers when it comes time for oil.

Speaking of diff covers, I bought these from SOLID a while back, turns out they don't fit my truck. My mistake, didn't verify before purchasing and didn't realize until a few months later. Going to put them up in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Supposed to fit AAM 9.25 and 11.5, I'll make sure they fit the '13 and down trucks today. I can check on my dads 3500.

yellowranger1
50_Posts

Postby Reloaderguy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 pm

I changed my diff fluid at 5k miles when I installed filter mags. I thought it was important to get the mags installed because of the locker magnets and their tendency to fill with metal shavings. I have also hear of trucks delivering to end users with milky diff fluid so it all worked together. The next service will be in 30k miles.
Best Year Power Wagon
Reloaderguy
1000_Posts

Postby adeluca73 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

really great documenting your mods w/ adventures between...great material, enjoyed viewing it, thanks.
2014 Ram PW SLT: Two tone Flame Red & Black
Completed Mods: Ram door sill guards, Front air deflector, WeatherTech slimline window deflectors, DiamondBack HD cover coated w/ Line-X, Mufflex MagnaFlow muffler & Resonator delete, Opti-Coat Pro 2.0, DeeZee tailgate strut, DeeZee ¼" fitted bed mat, Factor-55: FlatLink winch hook/Shorty Strap 3.0/Hitchlink 2.5, Warn Wireless Winch Remote, Locker by-pass, AEM dry filter, Truxedo LED bed lights wired into RamBox Connector, WhiteKnuckle sliders w/ full-length diamond plate coated in Line-X, Purple Cranium rear diff guard, AEV front/rear diff cover, AEV RAI w/ pre-filter, AEV ProCal (Bootleg'd), DOR Steering Box Brace, Phillips Hi intensity LEDs in cargo lamps & back-ups, triple anti-hop shocks, Truxx PW specific front 1.5" level, AAM 4.88's, custom black-out work, Line-X front/rear bumpers & wheel flares, 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Plasti-dip PW wheels Black w/ Gunmetal metalizer, FilterMag kit, AMP Research BedStep
Next Mods: Thuren: {Coils, Track Bar, Boggie Bumps, King 2.5's shocks} , on-board air, HID low CANBUS replacement, LED HI, BD LED fogs
adeluca73
1000_Posts

Postby yellowranger1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm

adeluca73 wrote:really great documenting your mods w/ adventures between...great material, enjoyed viewing it, thanks.

Thanks a lot!

We're thoroughly enjoying this truck, and it's only going to get better down the road! As much as I don't want to lift it, I'm considering bolting on a Thuren kit to gain some much needed up travel in front, it would make a huge difference in the desert with unexpected bumps and washouts. This coupled with some real shocks will transform this truck into a real beast. Those upgrades will wait until later in the year though, got a long list of house mods to knock out first...

I finally got my Baja Designs S2 sport lights for the bed rack, until now I had been using some of the S2 pros I had off of my Ranger, they were driving pattern and way too focused for camp/area lighting. New lights are the work/scene pattern, plenty of projection and a nice smooth spread.

Gives you an idea of output

yellowranger1
50_Posts

Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Postby yellowranger1 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Aside from putting more miles on the truck only a couple of small updates to report - had a Magnaflow put on it, sounds like a real truck now and not obnoxious inside. Also picked up a Carli diff guard for the front and bolted it up tonight. Very nice piece, took my time with install, carefully rear through the 2 lines of directions, even stopped to grab a cold one out of the fridge, total install time was about 6minutes LOL super easy peace of mind upgrade. I wish they made a rear guard! Working on peeling my oem cover up on rocks [emoji53]

I was happy to see the logo was just a decal, stealth mode!

yellowranger1
50_Posts

Previous

Return to Member Builds