Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
jpbrazill
Model Year: 2006

Re: Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Post by jpbrazill » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Looking great!!! The sliders look great, as well as everything else! Keep the updates coming!

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by yellowranger1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:56 pm

I was cruising the classifieds on race dezert, things went fuzzy, and next thing I know, this box jumped in back of my truck last night. OOPS??? [emoji41]

DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Party time!

See any 4.0/4.4/4.5's up there? [emoji869]

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Oh snap!!!!

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Post by yellowranger1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 pm

All the time... but they're all 16s or 18s... gotta build a jungle gym in your bed or mount those suckers through the hood!

DamageWagon
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 pm

yellowranger1 wrote:All the time... but they're all 16s or 18s... gotta build a jungle gym in your bed or mount those suckers through the hood!
Truck is getting links and said jungle gym [emoji108] if I'm drunk enough I'll hole saw the hood and then I'll just have to go long travel up front!

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:50 am

Long travel coilovers.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 am

Not a whole lot going on with the Blue Whale lately, been busy with work and friends weddings, etc. so no dirt under the tires... Couple small updates coming for the truck though! I've been spending some time driving my gfs Forester or my parents Cherokee to weddings, etc. Both of those have factory HID headlights, both of which made me want more out of my OEM lighs. I talked to a friend who runs a company called Vantage Optics (he does a lot of projector and hid conversions for the E Series vans), he put together an HID kit for the truck, as well as an upgrade for the fog lights. Looking forward to more light on the road next time we hit the road!

Suspension wise, I've began trying to chase down a wobble in the front end, it feels as if the front end wobbles when hitting a bump at speed, or like a tire is way out of balance. First step was get the Toyos re balanced, turns out I'd lost a few weights in a couple of wheels. That helped a tiny bit but it persisted. Had the tires spun on the wheel, re balanced, all checked out a ok... wobble is still there. Put the truck on stands, checked for excessive play in the balljoints and checked nuts/bolts, everything seems fine. I figured maybe a trac bar could help, after digging around on Thuren's site, I saw his recommendation that the trac bar be replaced at +/- 20k mi. I'm at about 25k with a decent bit of off road use, hopefully a trac bar with new, better quality joints will help get rid of that wobble/deflection I'm feeling under the front end. I went ahead and ordered the rear trac bar as well, the side to side bounce when loaded was getting old, felt like I was driving my dads JK.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am

Have you had an alignment done lately bad castor angles can cause death wobble like symptoms?
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Inferno Red
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Toyo AT II's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Haven't tried an alignment yet. Aside from that symptom, there aren't any other noticeable signs of alignment being out off like wandering or pulling side to side. It's definitely worth a shot though, might be something barely out of whack. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rodeoflyer
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:50 pm

I hear ya, life gets in the way then months go by... try airing your tires air down to 35-40 psi (if they're E rated) see if that has an effect on the wobble. If that doesn't check it, it's probably the crappy stock steering damper going south.

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 pm

*I'll add pictures to this post later today*

Few updates, I think I solved the small wobble/feedback I was getting through the steering wheel. I installed the Thuren front track bar, no real improvement with that shake, although the truck does feel a bit more solid over bumps. I also installed a Thuren/King steering stabilizer, this seems to have done the trick. I hadn't noticed until I was underneath tightening the track bar axle bolt, but my OEM stabilizer had a couple of good dents in it. No visible leaking, but it gave me an excuse to add something shiny under the front end, and so far I'm happy with it.

I also installed the Morimoto 5500K/35w HID kit in the headlights with the CANBUS standalone adaptor, no warning lights, and bulbs have been firing flawlessly every time, even after a good bit of off road use with lots of annoying washboard. Much better output than stock halogens. Fitting the ballasts and CANBUS module was proving to be a royal PITA until I looked up! Theres tons of space above and behind the headlight to mount both.

I ordered both front and rear track bars from Thuren, and finally got around to installing the rear. Very pleased with the kit overall, looks like a quality piece, and the joints look simple to service/replace (snap ring and a press). The bracket is beefy, and looks like it does a good job of sandwiching the OEM axle mount, with everything properly torqued down, I don't see this bracket coming loose anytime soon! I purposely left my truck loaded from last weeks camping trip to do a comparison to the stock track bar over one problem bridge near me (long right hand turn, oddly spaced expansion joints). Last weekend, we were extra heavy, lots of firewood, 2 loaded coolers, and some of our friends gear... This problem bridge upset the truck enough that the ABS went nuts and tried pulling me into the next lane. I hit the bridge after installing the Thuren rear bar, 75mph, held on tight and prayed... NO DRAMA! Front end did it's thing like any solid axle truck, and the rear stayed put. Very minimal side to side movement, I highly recommend this upgrade!