Yellowranger1's Build - 2016 Power Wagon "Blue Wagon"

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Re: Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Post by coder » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:11 pm

yellowranger1 wrote:Well, this happened...
Nice upgrade I hope you enjoy the New Years trip!
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by TankerZak » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Any pics of it expanded? Not sure i could get myself or the GF (or the dog for that matter) to give up the RV and go to a tent but i love the concept!
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by yellowranger1 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:20 pm

coder wrote:Nice upgrade I hope you enjoy the New Years trip!
Thanks!
TankerZak wrote:Any pics of it expanded? Not sure i could get myself or the GF (or the dog for that matter) to give up the RV and go to a tent but i love the concept!
Haven't taken pics of it opened up, going to bolt it to the rack in the morning. It's just strapped down right now since the hardware was a little short. I'm lucky, my gf actually prefers tent camping, and our dogs do great inside the tent. The tent cot was just too cramped with the 2 of us and a 10lb Maltese and 75lb pit bull LOL! If we want to go the RV route, my parents have a 5th wheel so we meet up with them sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:35 am

yellowranger1 wrote:
coder wrote:Nice upgrade I hope you enjoy the New Years trip!
Thanks!
TankerZak wrote:Any pics of it expanded? Not sure i could get myself or the GF (or the dog for that matter) to give up the RV and go to a tent but i love the concept!
Haven't taken pics of it opened up, going to bolt it to the rack in the morning. It's just strapped down right now since the hardware was a little short. I'm lucky, my gf actually prefers tent camping, and our dogs do great inside the tent. The tent cot was just too cramped with the 2 of us and a 10lb Maltese and 75lb pit bull LOL! If we want to go the RV route, my parents have a 5th wheel so we meet up with them sometimes.

LOL, while I'm towing this monster around... forgive the now traded in Chevy that broke down on me in Glacier National Park...

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:22 am

What happened to the Chevy ? What broke ?

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:22 pm

TwinStick wrote:What happened to the Chevy ? What broke ?
Just more emissions stuff again...

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Yep, my wife and kids love camping too :lol:

2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:46 pm

olyelr wrote:Yep, my wife and kids love camping too Image

That looks just as absurd as mine!! Looks about the same weight too. You happy with the gas? I've only towed twice so far and nothing more than 40 miles. I need to get a bigger hitch drop to know for sure (like 2 more inches). Hitch was fairly nose high. I already added dual sway control, Timbrens, and E range tires.
TankerZak wrote:

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:13 pm

TankerZak wrote:
olyelr wrote:Yep, my wife and kids love camping too Image

That looks just as absurd as mine!! Looks about the same weight too. You happy with the gas? I've only towed twice so far and nothing more than 40 miles. I need to get a bigger hitch drop to know for sure (like 2 more inches). Hitch was fairly nose high. I already added dual sway control, Timbrens, and E range tires.
TankerZak wrote:
I will PM you so I dont highjack Blue Wag's thread anymore :)
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Haha I don't mind! My parents actually just sold their toy hauler the other night. They're looking to downsize and pick up an airstream. I'm all for that, my GFs family wants to go camping but they aren't very outdoorsy, so I'll be able to borrow and tow that thing with my truck and take them out.

Here's some pics of the rooftop suite setup! I'm pumped on this thing!

Looks like we're goi g to get some rain on our New Years trip, going to be a nice test for the new tent setup!

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:56 pm

yellowranger1 wrote:Haha I don't mind! My parents actually just sold their toy hauler the other night. They're looking to downsize and pick up an airstream. I'm all for that, my GFs family wants to go camping but they aren't very outdoorsy, so I'll be able to borrow and tow that thing with my truck and take them out.

Here's some pics of the rooftop suite setup! I'm pumped on this thing!

Looks like we're goi g to get some rain on our New Years trip, going to be a nice test for the new tent setup!

That looks like fun! Any places that will get you that you can't take an RV that you've found yet?

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 am

Nice looking setup for sure!

Who's Bronco is that!?

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Yellowranger1's Blue Wagon

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:48 pm

TankerZak wrote: That looks like fun! Any places that will get you that you can't take an RV that you've found yet?
Yup, pretty much everywhere we like to go! We like to do point to point off road trips, it's pretty rare that we have a "base camp" we come back to each night. For the time being, I think the RTT is the way to go for us. We just spent a few nights at the rim of the Grand Canyon for New Years, long dirt road in, lots of mud/snow and some rocky areas with tight turns not suitable for an rv.

Edit: Can't seem to post pictures right now, I'll add some when I can.

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:52 pm

olyelr wrote:Nice looking setup for sure!

Who's Bronco is that!?
Good eye! That's my diamond in the rough -uncut '73 Bronco Ranger, complete down to carpet, horn, hub caps etc. Had my eye on it since 1st grade, it was parked down the street from my elementary school. Long story short, some years later my uncle bought it from the original owner, and a couple of years after I started driving I bought it from him.

Glamour shot of it after hosing it down lol. It's been repainted, and they ditched the factory stripes unfortunately. It's a solid driver but typical issues for a 43yr old truck.

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Here's a couple shots from our New Years trip to the Grand Canyon... such an awesome place! Little over 60mi of dirt each way that was all snow and mud, but we had the canyon and campground completely to ourselves for a couple of days!

Our New Years suite wasn't half bad! Even got a solid 15hrs of hard rain that did a good job of cleaning the mud off the truck!

Canyon views

Tried a different route on the way out, it was a no go... mud got way too nasty since the trail was thawing out, I didn't push our luck since we were on our own and it was supposed to be much worse farther up according to the rangers.

We went out the way we came in, and even that was MUCH sloppier than it was a couple days prior due to the heavy rain we got. Im a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my trucks, I generally avoid mud like the plague, but had to accept it and decided to just have fun since I had to contend with 60mi of THIS...

Not going to lie, it was tons of fun, but I'll be hating life while I clean this thing back up. This clay is hardened on the truck like cement now!!! I loved the Grand Canyon so much, I tried to bring as much of it home as I could! Lol

After the Grand Canyon, we headed to Zion for a night. Little bit of hiking the following morning and playing in the snow before heading home.

NovA ProspekT
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by NovA ProspekT » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:19 am

Looks like a great trip, the Grand Canyon is definitely on my list of places to explore. That mud looks nasty...
2007 DODGE POWER WAGON: 5.7L Hemi V8/Auto, Quad Cab, Flame Red
- Spintech Super Pro Street 9000 Muffler, Electronic Exhaust Cutout, Transgo Shift-Kit
- COOPER S/T MAXX(37x12.5R17), Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli HD Ball-joints
- Aluminess Front Bumper, Back Rack w/ Side-rails, Truxedo LoPro QT Tonneau Cover
- JW Speaker TS4000 Driving Lights, Grote 30" LED Off-road Light Bar, Bosch Compact 100 Fog Lights
2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND: 4.7L High Output PowerTech V8, Quadra-Drive, Inferno Red
- OME HD 1.5" Lift Coil Springs, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS HD Trackbar, Core4x4 Tier4 Control Arms
- Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV(245/70R17) Winter Tires, 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Cats/Y-Pipe & Muffler
- JW Speaker TS4000 Driving Lights, Hella 350 LED Wide Beam Light Bar
1998 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 5.9 LIMITED: 5.9L Magnum R/T V8, Quadra-Trac, Deep Slate Black
- H&R Sport Progressive Springs w/spacers(Stock height), Bilstein 4600 Shocks, OEM Euro Headlamps
- Doug Thorley Tri-Y Long-tube headers, MOPAR M1 Intake, BBK Power Plus twin 52mm Throttle Body
[My Flickr] - [Power Wagon Build Thread]
“The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:53 am

That's beautiful man! We usually go around Timp point but last time we were out there we looked at a map and picked the longest finger we could out into the canyon. We were a few miles out there and you could see 270 degrees around you for 40-60 miles. One of my top favorites. Where is that camp site on the rock next to the really big rocks?

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 am

yellowranger1 wrote:
Um, yea... EF THAT!

That Bronc looks like one hell of a survivor. Sweet little rig!

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:04 pm

NovA ProspekT wrote:Looks like a great trip, the Grand Canyon is definitely on my list of places to explore. That mud looks nasty...
If you have the opportunity to go, definitely do it! The scale is so ridiculous it's hard to capture it in a photo!

We had attempted to get to the canyon by dirt with some friends a few years ago (Barstow-laughlin-Grand canyon-primm-Barstow) but couldn't get in since we all had dogs with us so I had never actually been to the canyon. It was awesome to have it to ourselves no guardrails or anyone else around.
DamageWagon wrote:That's beautiful man! We usually go around Timp point but last time we were out there we looked at a map and picked the longest finger we could out into the canyon. We were a few miles out there and you could see 270 degrees around you for 40-60 miles. One of my top favorites. Where is that camp site on the rock next to the really big rocks?

It's called Tuweep/Toroweap Overlook. If you're back in the area, GO! You need to apply for a backcountry permit (link is on the NPS site if you google it) ahead of time though as space is limited for overnight use, or you can go for the day and camp on BLM land. Shortest way there is 60mi on dirt from the highway, between pipe springs and fredonia. The way I wanted to go was 90+ on dirt from St George but the road was too muddy. I'm going to look into Timp point, looks like an awesome place to visit!

olyelr wrote:
Um, yea... EF THAT!

That Bronc looks like one hell of a survivor. Sweet little rig!
I'm not good with heights, but I had to! It was only 3,000'+Image
The bronco will be restored back to its original glory one of these years... for now, it's fun to put around in from time to time!

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:55 pm

ImageImageImage

Tuweep/toroweep I will have to check those out! This is from our last trip there in May. It was beautiful! It closes between December and May for snow.

That last trip was very cool. We were drinking our beers on the edge as the sun went down, and down in the canyon probably 20 miles away we could see hikers headlamps and lanterns all night in one spot on the trail. Then a thunderstorm came in while we were cooking dinner, it must have gone 50 miles in an hour while we cooked and we had to jump in the truck and run to low ground! First time I've ever left a steak and ran...

Love that place! In the morning we looked down and immediately below our campsite maybe 1000 feet was part of the hiking trail. I'll have to grab my good pictures sometime. Buddy brought his DSLR.

rkgzx9leftcoast
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by rkgzx9leftcoast » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Tanks for the Pics!! Looks like an Awesome Trip!!!
2016 Tradesman White, adding mods now, 37 Ridge Grapplers on Method Standards 17 x 8.5 x 5.75 BS, Thuren Overland front 1.5" Kit. SLT Grill, Mopar Steps. More Thuren stuff soon....

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:26 pm

That's awesome @damagewagon! On one of the trails out of the campground, we stopped at an overlook where you see straight down to the river to eat lunch and have a cold one. Noticed something coming downriver and it turned out to be a group of 7 rafters! You can barely see them in the pics. What was cool is we could hear them yelling when they hit rough water! The ranger said they were likely about 2 weeks into their trip!

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:42 pm

2 weeks! Holy cow! That sounds fun haha but I wouldn't want to get sick, injured or stranded down there... Very cool man!

We are planning a trip back to the North Rim in May as part of our vacation, you should join us!

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by yellowranger1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Cool! If I can get time off work I'd love to get back up there. We're planning a trip to Canyonlands end of March to run White Rim Trail with a couple of other friends as well. Going to try to get out a lot more this year!

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Nice that sounds cool! Even if it's just for a weekend, we usually will take a holiday weekend for our Grand Canyon trips. You can definitely spend a week there. The wilderness side and the national park side are like two entirely different trips as well.

We will be with the Power Wagons in Moab at the start of May. End of March is when we start our trip.