Board index General Member Builds

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.

Re: BoldAdventures 2015 Power Wagon Build

Postby MikeKey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks. :cheers: I'll post LOTS of photos and my thoughts when it does show up.
15 PW Laramie w/ Ramboxes, 35" Toyo AT's, Custom High Clearance Bumper, WKOR Sliders, Purple Cranium Diff Covers, K&N, Magnaflow, AEV Intake
[Build Thread] [Instagram]
MikeKey
500_Posts

Postby yellowranger1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am

Love the new intake on there! Looking forward to the bumper, I put some scrapes in mine on a trail in Big Bear the other weekend. Oh well... Too many things on the wish list!
yellowranger1
50_Posts

Postby MikeKey » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 pm

In preparation for our trip to Moab, I've been catching up on some things for the truck. My RamBoxes have been a little disorganized now for some time. So I purchased the Mopar RamBox Cargo Management system. I had it on my previous Ram 1500 and have been meaning to pick it up for some time now. Becuase I use my Ram Boxes like crazy, it's very useful.

Going, to be honest here though. I really feel like this should be standard, or included from RAM when you buy a truck with the RamBox option. I don't understand how it's a dealer "extra". I can see excluding it from a Tradesman, but I have a Laramie.

Anyways, some pictures:

https://youtu.be/pVTrbtsfgRA

Also picked up two TEKTON tire gauges. The one I have now is garbage. Why two? Well, I setup my onboard air so that the wife and I can each air up a side of the truck at the same time. This saves time naturally.

15 PW Laramie w/ Ramboxes, 35" Toyo AT's, Custom High Clearance Bumper, WKOR Sliders, Purple Cranium Diff Covers, K&N, Magnaflow, AEV Intake
MikeKey
500_Posts

Postby Hammerballs » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 pm

There you go costing me money again MikeKey. I didn't even know that existed and my RamBoxes are a huge cluster f#ck! Is there a best place to purchase it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hammerballs
50_Posts

Postby MikeKey » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Hammerballs wrote:There you go costing me money again MikeKey. I didn't even know that existed and my RamBoxes are a huge cluster f#ck! Is there a best place to purchase it?

Sadly the price is consistent from what I've seen. Amazon is free shipping, so it won my vote this time around. :cheers:

Picture of the old truck, I haven't put anything back into the PW, since I'm reorganizing stuff. But it's really handy, especially if you use the boxes a lot. Worth the money man. :cheers:

MikeKey
500_Posts

Postby olyelr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 am

Ive been eyeballing that setup for a while, just wasnt sure if it was worth the money. Thanks for the pics/video/opinion!

I would still love to see your onboard air setup(s)!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes
- A virgin, other than White Knuckle sliders... and lots of Fluid Film -
olyelr
2000_Posts

Postby MikeKey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 am

olyelr wrote:Ive been eyeballing that setup for a while, just wasnt sure if it was worth the money. Thanks for the pics/video/opinion!

I would still love to see your onboard air setup(s)!

I'll take a picture shortly, redoing it this weekend. Just ordered a few more pieces.

As for "worth the money" it's a little overpriced for what it is. But it's worth having, IMO. :D
MikeKey
500_Posts

Postby nhfd21348 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 am

MikeKey wrote:Thanks. :cheers: I'll post LOTS of photos and my thoughts when it does show up.

Thanks, Love what you are doing to the truck and have done so far. Fingers crossed the bumper will be up to par for Moab can't wait to see it.
2016 Power Wagon Laramie, Maximum Steel. Mods installed are White Knuckle Steps and factory rubber mud flaps and Blue LED response lights.
nhfd21348

Postby 2011TXPowerWagon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm

I really wish I had held out and purchased a power wagon that has ramboxes. I love the functionality of them, it just makes sense. All trucks should have them.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

-George Bernard Shaw
2011TXPowerWagon
250_Posts

Previous

Return to Member Builds